PDA

View Full Version : Gaining your trust so i can sell you fake stuff

BJL82
6th February 2008, 12:02 AM
.... Not really ;)

Just your average hacker from bris. :)

My golfing background for anyone thats interested-

Used to play 3 times a year(if i was lucky) with hired clubs and shoot around 115-120 at redcliffe. Over christmas i decided to start playing more often so i borrowed some half-decent clubs and played 5 rounds in 2 weeks with a lowest score of 99.

I started enjoying golf more and more so just after christmas, i went out and (somewhat stupidly) bought some clubs off the shelf haha.

TM Burner, R/Flex. (Now realise i probably need a S/Flex)
TM R7 XD 3-GapW
TM Burner Bubble Staff Bag (black,red,white.)

Putter,60*W,56*W and 4 wood are on loan till i buy my own.

Love the clubs! best score since buying them has been 95 but more importantly i'm consistently in the mid 90's now.

Looking forward to reading through this site and researching different aspects of golf to try and improve my game.

Cheers,
Brendan

BJL82
6th February 2008, 12:42 AM
Forgot to mention... Thanks Jarro for inspiring the title of my thread haha ;)

Taken from a new guys FS thread-

Hey Diko, care to tell us about yourself before you start pushing your sales on us :roll:

Welcome thread isn't hard to find ;)

Jarro
6th February 2008, 12:53 AM
fast learner.. i like that ;)

Welcome aboard ..... Redcliffe is a nice track 8)

Flowergirl
6th February 2008, 07:01 AM
Welcome.:mrgreen: Sounds like you have got yourself some good clubs there. Just don't get too caught up with the stiff shaft caper ( no - not being rude!!!) Most guys think they need a lot stiffer shaft than they actually do. It's a macho thing. Don't get sucked into the belief that if you have a problem with how you hit the ball that it is an equipment problem. More likely to be a swing fault. Invest in some lessons from a good pro that you can relate to and you'll be in the 80's in no time. And NEVER underestimate the importance of the short game.
Enjoy your golf and this forum. :smt023

Courty
6th February 2008, 07:04 AM
Brendan, don't listen to Flowergirl. A shiny new driver with x-flex will fix everything. ;) :lol:

Flowergirl
6th February 2008, 07:13 AM
Brendan, don't listen to Flowergirl. A shiny new driver with x-flex will fix everything. ;) :lol:
Dickhead:smt079

goughy
6th February 2008, 07:36 AM
Forgot to mention... Thanks Jarro for inspiring the title of my thread haha ;)

Anyone who can have a go at the leading poster on the site in their second post is more than welcome here! Wanna be a moderator? ;) :mrgreen:

Toolish
6th February 2008, 07:46 AM
Welcome.:mrgreen: Sounds like you have got yourself some good clubs there. Just don't get too caught up with the stiff shaft caper ( no - not being rude!!!) Most guys think they need a lot stiffer shaft than they actually do.

ahhh....so many possible replies.

Actually Flowergirl is right, as a bit of a judge how far do you hit a 6 iron? Most guys tend to lean towards a shaft at the stiffer side of what they need, myself included. I would suggest with the scores you are shooting some lessons and some short game work will help things a lot more than a change in shaft. That said, buying new equipment is always fun.

Anyhow....welcome!!

(Good to have a another Brendan here!)

3oneday
6th February 2008, 08:25 AM
Get some reg Dynalites, best shaft on the planet.

Oh, welcome damned Qldr :p

:)

mike
6th February 2008, 01:31 PM
Just don't get too caught up with the stiff shaft caper ( no - not being rude!!!) Most guys think they need a lot stiffer shaft than they actually do. It's a macho thing. Don't get sucked into the belief that if you have a problem with how you hit the ball that it is an equipment problem. More likely to be a swing fault.

Reenie Reenie Reenie.

You've been a member of Ozgolf for nearly 4 years.

Haven't you learned anything yet ?

:wink:

BJL82
6th February 2008, 01:43 PM
fast learner.. i like that ;)

Welcome aboard ..... Redcliffe is a nice track 8)

Haha thanks mate, Yeh gotta love redcliffe... $18 after 2pm. In great nic at the moment too!

Welcome.:mrgreen: Sounds like you have got yourself some good clubs there. Just don't get too caught up with the stiff shaft caper ( no - not being rude!!!) Most guys think they need a lot stiffer shaft than they actually do. It's a macho thing. Don't get sucked into the belief that if you have a problem with how you hit the ball that it is an equipment problem. More likely to be a swing fault. Invest in some lessons from a good pro that you can relate to and you'll be in the 80's in no time. And NEVER underestimate the importance of the short game.
Enjoy your golf and this forum. :smt023

Hey Flowergirl, I'll have to look into it further and get some advice/lessons as you mentioned. Only reason i thought a stiffer flex shaft could help is because my club head speed is around 110mph, i seem to launch the ball slightly too high and it may help with hitting a little straighter more consistently?

Well in that case i'm re-shafting my entire set! ;)

Anyone who can have a go at the leading poster on the site in their second post is more than welcome here! Wanna be a moderator? ;) :mrgreen:

I ain't afraid of no spammer! :p

ahhh....so many possible replies.

Actually Flowergirl is right, as a bit of a judge how far do you hit a 6 iron? Most guys tend to lean towards a shaft at the stiffer side of what they need, myself included. I would suggest with the scores you are shooting some lessons and some short game work will help things a lot more than a change in shaft. That said, buying new equipment is always fun.

Anyhow....welcome!!

(Good to have a another Brendan here!)

Hey mate, I usually go off of 155-160m with my 7... so 170-175ish with a 6?

Get some reg Dynalites, best shaft on the planet.

Oh, welcome damned Qldr :p

:)

Cheers mate, i'll look into them.

BrisVegas
6th February 2008, 02:11 PM
I usually go off of 155-160m with my 7... so 170-175ish with a 6?

You hit it a long way for someone with reg shafts! :shock:

I've always heard you should play the softest shafts you can control. Would be worthwhile going to a demo day and trying Reg, Stiff & X-Stiff side by side in the same head just to get an idea what you like.

Toolish
6th February 2008, 02:14 PM
With a 160m 7 iron stiff shafts would probably be something worth looking at depending on your tempo etc....but also some lessons to harness the power would be a great option.

BJL82
6th February 2008, 09:48 PM
You hit it a long way for someone with reg shafts! :shock:

I've always heard you should play the softest shafts you can control. Would be worthwhile going to a demo day and trying Reg, Stiff & X-Stiff side by side in the same head just to get an idea what you like.

The irons are "XD" ;)

I'm guessing R7 XD's come with regular shafts?

thanks for the advice on the shafts mate, id love to go to a demo day! I wanna go to a shop and hit some different clubs and shafts but i'd feel bad cause i probably wouldn't buy from them.

With a 160m 7 iron stiff shafts would probably be something worth looking at depending on your tempo etc....but also some lessons to harness the power would be a great option.

I definately wanna try a burner with a stiff shaft, pretty happy with the irons at the moment, but who knows... stiff shafts in them may feel even better.

Definately need my swing looked at, which i will try and do in the next month or so.