PDA

View Full Version : scarybugger

wavemaker
17th October 2004, 06:41 AM
i joined the maryborough golf club last week, what a pretty course it is too. a mate came up from brisvegas and we decided a game of golf was called for. the front 9 was a career best of 55 for me and he hit a hole in 1 on the ninth. the back 9 was an unmittigated disaster.

Onewood
17th October 2004, 06:47 AM
55 good stuff 8) your not far from cracking that 100 mate :D just keep remembering the good shots and you'll get there in no time :wink:

got your handicap yet ?

wavemaker
17th October 2004, 07:10 AM
not yet kevin, i will have to develop at least a modicum of consistency. once i have the family back in a routine and i can practice more and play 2 or 3 times a week i will start handing the cards in. i was really pleased with the 55.

AndyP
17th October 2004, 08:53 AM
I haven't played at Maryborough, or anywhere up that way. What were your other options?

I'm sure once you start playing a bit more, your scores will start to drop.

markTHEblake
17th October 2004, 06:39 PM
Maryborough, love that course, as I have very fond memories of it. Only played it twice and the second time I improved my score by exactly 50 strokes! I dont think I will ever forget that.

Congratulations on the Hole in 1 - the 9th from memory is a strange hole, it actually points away from the clubhouse and downhill doesnt it?

damoocow
17th October 2004, 06:52 PM
hey Wavey - what do you think of the course ? - I reckon it is a cracker - isn't the 9th the one with the lake? on the left hand side going back towards the clubhouse?
damoocow

markTHEblake
17th October 2004, 07:27 PM
the hole dogleg left around the lake is the 18th (unless it changed since 1984), immediately following the wedge Par 3 over the bamboo.

wavemaker
18th October 2004, 06:39 AM
hey damoocow, you tipped me the course was a cracker when i was asking about moving here a while back. and you were dead right. its all good if you dont stray but you are in it up to here if you do. i love the wedge over the bamboo par3, its number 7, the 8th runs around the lagoon and the 9th that my mate aced is a shot from the tee straight towards the club house over water. i will be over there (2 minutes from my house) as often as possible.
there are so many options too. hervey bay country club, boonaroo,fraser lakes. the list goes on.probably 8 or 9 within an hours drive.
i went fishing out towards the river mouth with another mate from the sunny coast on saturday and the scenery is stunning, all round im really happy with the move. one thing though, i'd reckon the breeding options around here must be pretty limited if you know what i mean. also miss all those beautiful young backpackers that were just a part of everyday life in cairns.

markTHEblake
18th October 2004, 08:31 AM
Hey wavemaker, looks like they have changed a few things around. Pretty sure the 8th before was the par 5 leading up to the clubhouse with the carpark on the right. So that 9th must be a brand new hole - uphill right?

wavemaker
18th October 2004, 09:18 AM
sounds like it blakey, i will enquire next time im over there. (lunch time today) the hole that comes up the hill with the carpark on the right is the par4, 18th. the 9th is on the opposite side of the course, 120m par 3 over water