PDA

View Full Version : Inside Social Golf - Forum Article

AndyP
1st February 2008, 03:18 PM
Has anyone had the chance to read the latest issue (Feb) of Inside Social Golf (http://www.insidesocialgolf.com.au)? (Yes, I know it's the first day of the month). If not, have a look through (hardcopy or online), particularly pages 30-31, where you'll find an article about golf forums. In fact the article on page 30 is about our forum, including an interview with yours truly. :D

Have a read, and give your thoughts.
I wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few more members join up over the next couple of months, and hopefully from all around the country.

I think it's pretty exciting for us.

dc68
1st February 2008, 03:41 PM
Nice article that. Good to see we got most space compared to the 2 southern sites.
Very exciting.

shazza_rs
1st February 2008, 03:45 PM
Just picked up the Inside Social Golf newspaper from Golfworks. Had a quick read. Good job AP. And the fact that ours emphasised the social games rather than crap was a good touch. Oh and the fact that we got more space than the others.... :)

Jarro
1st February 2008, 03:51 PM
Nice work P, you're a legend !

Bruce
1st February 2008, 04:15 PM
Nice work Andy.

You'd never guess what a pack of pricks we are from reading that.

Courty
1st February 2008, 05:36 PM
Nice stuff, AP. You didn't come across the slightest bit grumpy. ;)

I can see Bebox turning purple and steaming from the ears at the fact that OZgolf got more real estate than ISG. :twisted:

Eag's
1st February 2008, 05:44 PM
Just had a read of the online version, well done Andy you summed up this place very well :smt023

PeteyD
1st February 2008, 07:07 PM
Good stuff.

jimandr
1st February 2008, 08:05 PM
Well done Andy.

We come up smelling like roses compared to the others, which is only fair.

You did very well to keep this a secret from us, too.

Moe Norman
1st February 2008, 08:25 PM
haha ISG the most active through weight of numbers.

only because subscribers to the site our now counted as forum contirbutors!

just
1st February 2008, 08:33 PM
I had a read online, good stuff AP!

gazgolf1
1st February 2008, 08:44 PM
Nice work Pee. :)

markTHEblake
1st February 2008, 10:35 PM
You did very well to keep this a secret from us, too.

eh? its been all over Ozgolf for ages :-)

by the way, the guy who wrote this article, reads this forum often, and knows all our names. Behave!

BrisWesty
1st February 2008, 10:46 PM
They may win by weight of numbers but we win by weight of column inches! Go AndyP!

goughy
2nd February 2008, 09:24 AM
Thanks for your kind words Mr P! And to our mystery member writer! Great articles in general. All good for golf forums in Australia. I've been dying for this to come out!

AndyP
3rd February 2008, 10:44 AM
The editor is obviously a smooth operator by picking up all that beer for nothing.

shazza_rs
4th February 2008, 07:07 PM
I just put a post up on ISG regarding the article and within 10 minutes the thread was deleted.... how precious are these people????

Eag's
4th February 2008, 07:10 PM
I just put a post up on ISG regarding the article and within 10 minutes the thread was deleted.... how precious are these people????

Wankers!!

Courty
4th February 2008, 07:13 PM
Hehe. Nice work, Shaz.

BrisWesty
4th February 2008, 09:42 PM
What. Couldn't they handle the fact that we got more inches?

Andrew
4th February 2008, 09:49 PM

Shaz,

I did the same thing on ISG last Saturday morning. I always post these things on Saturday mornings as they have the best chance of lasting a while.

I was pretty fair minded as well. All I did was mention the article & said that ISG got a good write up. I didn't mention any other forum.

It lasted 2 hours.

Flowergirl
4th February 2008, 09:53 PM
I just read the article. Great job AP.:smt023 But I seemed to miss my name being mentioned.:shock:;)

AndyP
4th February 2008, 10:06 PM
Wha? I'm sure I mentioned Peninsula bogans.

It's interesting that iseekgolf doesn't want people to read the paper, because they have a giant ad within the first couple of pages.
Letting social golfers know that these sites are about is good for all forums, in my opinion. Let them make a choice based on what they'd like out of the individual forum.

Moe Norman
5th February 2008, 09:04 AM
i reckon the ISG guys might be scientoligists

PeteyD
5th February 2008, 10:32 AM
Nah, but they are GolfMachinists.

WBennett
5th February 2008, 10:59 AM
Don't publicise the forum too much - you don't want KYCGolfer commentating on every single post here.

Let ISG go - its a tenth the forum it was at its prime, and is only good for baiting newbies these days :)

Jono
5th February 2008, 04:07 PM
Good work AP.

If you want to talk about power accumulators and flying wedges, go to ISG. If you want to meet great guys and play real golf, Ozgolf is the place. 8-)

3oneday
5th February 2008, 04:11 PM
Let ISG go - its a tenth the forum it was at its prime,
I went and had a look today, first time in months I reckon. Bit of interest in the ebay/fake stuff but apart from that, **** all happening for sure.

Webster
5th February 2008, 04:12 PM
Don't publicise the forum too much - you don't want KYCGolfer commentating on every single post here.

Let ISG go - its a tenth the forum it was at its prime, and is only good for baiting newbies these days :)

I agree, its a joke and best forgotten. Full of morons these days...

PeteyD
5th February 2008, 04:13 PM
Flying Wedgees? Is that DC at the champs?

Toolish
5th February 2008, 05:08 PM
I have always felt a loyalty to ISG because Paul really helped my game. That said I also follow TGM, so I guess I am on the dark side on this forum!

That said, the forum over there isn't a match to what it once was, hopefully it comes back. I DO NOT agree at all with them not allowing this article to be posted though.

Jono
5th February 2008, 05:24 PM
I have always felt a loyalty to ISG because Paul really helped my game. That said I also follow TGM, so I guess I am on the dark side on this forum!

That said, the forum over there isn't a match to what it once was, hopefully it comes back. I DO NOT agree at all with them not allowing this article to be posted though.

Mate, I just saw your thread over there on your journey to scratch. Well done and keep it going!

I used to follow TGM when I was a bit more motivated, but these days I'm happy just to get out there and have a hit ... or 17 ... :lol:

re: getting laid off. Here's a little trick that you might want to try. When your hands are about chest height during the backswing, twist your right hand counter clockwise about a quarter of a turn (whilst keeping the right wrist bent). I learned this move from Mike Austin's teachings but it is also described in few other places as well. I think this quarter turn counter clockwise move is also described in TGM, but I could be wrong.

WBennett
6th February 2008, 07:58 AM
I have always felt a loyalty to ISG because Paul really helped my game.

If you want the best instruction in the game listen to Jack.

Buy a 7 wood, drink bourbon and coke, and if ever in trouble in match play, bring out the p0rn to distract your opponent :lol:

AndyP
28th February 2008, 09:14 PM
After just looking for Champs photos for Courty, it reminded me that one of our resident photographers got full credit for the photo used in this article. Nice work, Tez.

Courty
28th February 2008, 09:24 PM
After just looking for Champs photos for Courty, it reminded me that one of our resident photographers got full credit for the photo used in this article. Nice work, Tez.

:smt038