PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Sydney

Markinsydney
27th January 2008, 09:18 PM
Hi all.
I love golf and I love a good walk in good weather with good friends and (hopefully) good beer. Look forward to hearing your opinions about courses and stay'n'play packages, and just chewing the fat about golf in general.

Regards
Markinsydney

PS The avatar is years old: I'm much balder now.

Jarro
27th January 2008, 09:22 PM
Welcome Mark

Grunt
27th January 2008, 09:22 PM
Where in Sydney, Mark? Out near Liverpool here.

just
27th January 2008, 09:23 PM
Welcome Mark. What's in the bag?

Fishman Dan
27th January 2008, 09:33 PM
G'day Mark.

Is your avatar politically correct?

Courty
27th January 2008, 10:26 PM
Hi Mark. :smt006

burger
27th January 2008, 11:28 PM
Hiya Mark! :smt006

What are you doing 17th Feb ? (See 1st Tee NSW Matchplay ;) )
Oh there's nuthin wrong with being balder either ! \\:D/:smt056

stu

Markinsydney
29th January 2008, 05:36 PM
Hi again, and thanks for your welcoming wishes.

I live in Baulkham Hills, but I play all over Sydney (Sefton Sunday and Mona Vale Monday, and North Ryde this coming Wednesday), and my bag includes woods from GolfSmith (XPC range), Calloway copy irons and (as of yesterday) Cleveland HiBore hybrid 3 and 4, thanks to the excellent pro's at Narrabeen Range.

Thanks Burger, for the Matchplay offer, but I must be the only person in the country who loves golf, but whose handicap has three digits (well almost), so I'd probably be wasting your time. If there is a 4BBB or teams event on the horizon, I'd like to play with Onny (also a member here, and my regular playing partner).

As for my avatar, I'm intrigued that you question its political correctness, Fishman Dan. Please tell me why you thought that.

All the best to you all for 2008.

Fishman Dan
29th January 2008, 05:49 PM
You're not a cricket fan then. Then again, who would be the way they carry on.

Markinsydney
29th January 2008, 06:02 PM
Hi Fishman Dan. Now I understand. That makes perfect sense now. I am a cricket fan (although I'm not impressed by their off-field behaviour, and it's clear that you are much the same), and I appreciate you clarifying your comment.

Best wishes to you.

Mark

gazgolf1
29th January 2008, 06:34 PM
G'day mate. :)

mikezone13
29th January 2008, 10:00 PM
How are you finding the Hibore Hybrids? I have the Hibore #4 but a Halo #2 and I find the Halo a slightly better stick (much harder to hook)... although I'm even snap hooking my Hibore XL driver now.... :(

Markinsydney
30th January 2008, 11:50 AM
Hi Mike. Now I'm a 27 AGU but in reality probably a low-30 h'capper...That might be embarrassing to any normal golfer but I enjoy my rounds. Anyway I did some research at Cleveland yesterday and now I know that I actually have their Hibore irons, not the Hibore Hybrids...they have a slightly less curved sole, but I can hit them straight and [for my ability] long...in fact I attribute about five strokes less on sunday to the new clubs, and that was on their first outting: might open a whole new realm to me. I'm a little peeved that there is nothing lower than a 3, so I'd like to try the low Halo Hybrids in the not-too-distant future...my poor bank balance. Right now I'm off to the driving range.

Cheers

Mark

3oneday
30th January 2008, 11:57 AM
I appreciate you clarifying your comment.there's isn't much clarity around here usually, you should feel honoured !

Welcome !

mikezone13
30th January 2008, 01:01 PM
Hi Mike. Now I'm a 27 AGU but in reality probably a low-30 h'capper...That might be embarrassing to any normal golfer but I enjoy my rounds. Anyway I did some research at Cleveland yesterday and now I know that I actually have their Hibore irons, not the Hibore Hybrids...they have a slightly less curved sole, but I can hit them straight and [for my ability] long...in fact I attribute about five strokes less on sunday to the new clubs, and that was on their first outting: might open a whole new realm to me. I'm a little peeved that there is nothing lower than a 3, so I'd like to try the low Halo Hybrids in the not-too-distant future...my poor bank balance. Right now I'm off to the driving range.

Cheers

Mark

The Halo hybrids can be had cheap as now, especially from the US as they're a discontinued line, the Hibore hybrids will/are also discountinued as the Hibore XLS Hybrids (not sure of the exact name) are out/coming out soon.

PS. Nothing wrong with being a 27+ handicapper, a few of my mates are as well and we still enjoy the rounds we play.

burger
30th January 2008, 02:41 PM
we still enjoy the rounds we play.

Isnt that one of the great things about golf?

stu