PDA

View Full Version : Just so you know i'm not a Spammer :P

SupaSubi
21st January 2008, 01:56 PM
howdy all!

well, i'm new to this forum... but not forums in general. i'm making a return to golf after a few years off, i just picked up the clubs again about a month or so ago.

i've been on the lookout for a cool place to hangout during work hours, and this place looks pretty cool. fairly local i see (i'm a brissy man myself), so doubly cool.

about me?
- my clubs were pretty top notch a few years back, i have a huge 320cc Wilson deep red II driver :twisted: so watch out for the bombing drives. precept tour premium forged clubs (mmm.... forged...), a mix and match set of wedges (over the years i've left a few sitting on the edge of the green :x, and an awesome ping anser putter.

just played my first round at Victoria park course with its long long long 4000m :roll: - but got a few birdies and a handful of pars... went round in 10 over. so i'm pretty chuffed, but i need to sink more putts just like everyone else i suppose.

i'm on the lookout for a new driver (460cc :lol:), and maybe some tips on my game, cool courses around here (i grew up playing robina woods) and other things. currently trying to work out what ball to buy since the ones i'm using now they no longer make (precept tour premium LS).

cherio.

supasubi
(liam)

name comes from my first car (and car forums)8)

AndyP
21st January 2008, 02:04 PM
Welcome to OZgolf, SS. I'm sure we can help you out with all of your questions.

kev
21st January 2008, 02:14 PM
Hi SS :)

<snip> i have a huge 320cc Wilson deep red II driver :twisted: so watch out for the bombing drives. <snip>

Hey I use one of those and regularly out drive my playing companions... (okay most of them are over 50, but still :D )

PeteyD
21st January 2008, 02:19 PM
Welcome to the nuthouse.

Jarro
21st January 2008, 03:10 PM
Welcome.

I've got a Taylormade R7 425 TP you can buy if you want a new driver.

SupaSubi
21st January 2008, 03:15 PM
thanks for the warm greetings everyone :mrgreen:

Welcome.

I've got a Taylormade R7 425 TP you can buy if you want a new driver.

hi jarro, thanks for the offer. i'm waiting for a demo day near me so i can hit a few heads and shafts and work out what i want... then i'll be ebay whoring and whatnot.

Jarro
21st January 2008, 03:17 PM
That's not how we work around here SS.

Somebody will say.... "you should buy this, it'd be good for you" and you're supposed to say..... "hell yeah, that sounds like a great idea"

BrisVegas
21st January 2008, 03:44 PM
hi :)

andylo
21st January 2008, 03:47 PM
That's not how we work around here SS.

Somebody will say.... "you should buy this, it'd be good for you" and you're supposed to say..... "hell yeah, that sounds like a great idea"

And if someone selling something, you suppose to post a thread and ask "What's replacing it" without the intention of buying; If thats been done (mostly by jarro), you start talk about how bad the club is and drift off the topic.
Welcome SS :)

PeteyD
21st January 2008, 03:48 PM
Watch out for the pushers on this site

amanda
21st January 2008, 04:21 PM
Welcome! Another subaru owner here - but a family car - liberty wagon :)

Courty
21st January 2008, 04:52 PM
Hi Liam.

Ignore Jarro, oh and andylo. ;)

jaybam
21st January 2008, 05:24 PM
Hi there from one new member to another.

just
21st January 2008, 06:06 PM
Welcome Liam. Where in Brisbane are you located?

SupaSubi
21st January 2008, 09:06 PM
howdy all,

based in Red Hill, nice and close to the city, but a fair way from any decent courses. whats ashgrove GC like? i see they have $20 afternoon weekday rounds, which sounds good to a student!!

Rusty
21st January 2008, 09:24 PM
Welcome Subi. great driving range at Vic Park.

chappy1970
22nd January 2008, 07:44 AM
howdy all!

precept tour premium forged clubs (mmm.... forged...),

Welcome Liam and great choice of irons mate:smt023

Eag's
22nd January 2008, 08:16 AM
Welcome Liam, keep an eye on the first tee section mate there is always a game on most weeks somewhere :smt023

Iain
22nd January 2008, 08:44 AM
Welcome Liam.

Like County said, just ignore Jarro!!