PDA

View Full Version : Brookwater Golf Course.

jaybam
20th January 2008, 06:17 PM
Hey guys am going out for a hit to Brookwater on Wednesday but its been a good 18 months since i was last there.Was a bit dissapointed at the condition last time out especially at the $130 price ticket. Hopeing its back to its former glory from the first few times i played there.Anyway i know at least one of you plays there quite a bit and was hoping you could let me know what the conditions like please before i fork out my 130 hard earned dollars. Thanks in advance . :)

BrisVegas
20th January 2008, 07:27 PM
It's not worth $130. I thought it was $110 midweek anyways. You should ask Rusty/AndyP and baz what they thought of the condition, as they were out there today. I play it pretty regularly so I don't notice it as much anymore. Since the drought wiped out the undergrowth, the course is a lot more playable than it originally was. It's still difficult, but you can usually find your ball now if you spray it off the fairway. It was good last week when I played, albeit we'd had about 150mm of rain that week. Should be plenty of grass coverage, if nothing else!

Hope you enjoy it.

AndyP
21st January 2008, 08:04 AM
The tee areas are a bit rain damaged, but the fairways are fine. The greens seemed a little bare-ish for some reason.

Rusty
21st January 2008, 09:03 PM
agree with AP + yep, fairways were great.

jaybam
23rd January 2008, 02:04 PM
Just got home from my day at brookwater and must say i enjoyed my round as much as i did the first time i played it. Seems a bit easier even now a lot of the scrub is gone or flat. Only down side is i thought the greens were a bit ordinary but fairways and general play was great. Managed to shoot a 79 but played off the golds as i had some mates with me who didnt want to go off the blacks. Anyway a good day out and a good chalenge hey.

BrisVegas
23rd January 2008, 03:27 PM
nice shooting jaybam. I haven't played for a couple of weeks, but am looking forward to monthly medal off the blacks this sat.

jaybam
23rd January 2008, 03:33 PM
They were scarifying ( cant spell for crap) the tees today and the greens are getting done next week i believe so yeah get a game in before they do all that and play well.
And thanks i was happy with it.