PDA

View Full Version : Big Easy Vs The USPGA

Jarro
14th October 2004, 10:02 AM
sounds like the big fella is a bit pissed off :shock:

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,11069047-23213,00.html

BrisVegas
14th October 2004, 11:21 AM
Ernie's got every right to be pissed off. He takes the game to all corners of the world and is hugely popular because of it. Ernie could probably make more money by sticking to the USPGA or have a better home life if he stayed in Europe. That fact that he makes the effort to spread himself around, should be applauded.

As he said, other "world" golfers like Adam Scott and Retief Goosen aren't being harassed by Finchem. What's his problem.

I'd much rather see players that are happy to play anywhere around the world, in any conditions than the big, pampered, babies on the USPGA tour. :evil:

markTHEblake
14th October 2004, 05:27 PM
Same thing happened to Sevvy in his heyday. In fact the USPGA ended up granting him a special exemption to play in less events than he was required too (to retain his card).

Onewood
14th October 2004, 05:42 PM
Go get em Ernie :D should be more like you 8)

I would go and see VJ play and I think evan those in the USA would as well :roll:

Iain
14th October 2004, 06:30 PM
I agreee with most on here, I understand that finchem is just trying to protect the us tour, but golf is a global game and Players like goosen, els, scott, garcia, etc make the game what is on a global level....

How boring would it be if they were like Mickelson and co that only left the states for the british open, as it is they should move another major oversea's as well as the WGC events, what a joke they call them World Golf Events and 2 or 3 out of 4 are played in the US every year.... :roll:

Iain

AndyP
15th October 2004, 07:00 AM
At least it is called the USPGA tour and not the World Golf Tour, like "World Series" baseball. :roll: