PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?

oz
16th January 2008, 09:05 AM
I have obviously done something to upset the gods.

Whilst on holidays 2 weeks ago, someone decided they would slam their car door into mine in a carpark (it was a very windy day)... and left a sizeable dent (but no personal details). This got repaired yesterday, at a cost of $400. This car is 3 months old.

My old car, which I am trying to sell via a broker, decides to give me grief on the weekend. When a potential buyer comes along to check it out.. .it won't start... So I come jump start and take it for a drive... but it stops 2 miles down the road, and won't jump start again. Stand in the heat for 2 hours trying to figure it out, and wait for a mate to give me a tow. Towed to my mechanic. Luckily, it was only a very dead battery - $130.

So I give the broker a piece of my mind for not starting and running it regularly, and decide to take it home. Then I go to put some fuel in it, and on a whim, decide to run it through a carwash (which I never do - always wash by hand). The auto carwash decides that yesterday was the day it would get revenge on all cars, and whacks into the front of my car, leaving a dent in the front centre of the bonnet. I mean, c'mon.... really? what have I done wrong? I am waiting to hear from the wash company to see if they will fix it, or if I am on my own.

So then, at the end of the day yesterday, I drive 45 minutes out to the panel shop to collect my new car, which looks good as new. Driving home, 5 minutes down the road, I get a huge stone from a passing car, right into my windscreen. Crack! You are kidding me, right?

So, clearly, someone up there has decided that I have done something wrong, and is dreaming up new ways of vehicular punishment. I plan to sit in my office today, and not move. I reckon if I go out in the car, it may be hit by a random bolt of lightning from a blue sky...

OK. Whinge over.

AndyP
16th January 2008, 09:08 AM
Shitty luck there, oz. I believe it's called the "New Car Curse".

oz
16th January 2008, 09:15 AM
indeed. I also forgot that when I called Mrs Oz to say I had broken down on Saturday, she jumped in her car to bring out the jumper leads & stuff, and rushed out of the garage. In doing so, she scraped her car into the beer fridge. So she scratched her car pretty bad, but worst of all, she bruised me beer fridge!! :lol:

Jarro
16th January 2008, 09:15 AM
Get over it and stop whinging :roll:

oz
16th January 2008, 09:18 AM
:lol: thanks jarro, your compassion knows no bounds... :lol:

Webster
16th January 2008, 09:25 AM
That story should be in the jokes thread - piss funny stuff!

Grunt
16th January 2008, 09:30 AM
Don't worry Oz, don't they say it comes in 3's. You definitely got that covered.
Yesterday must have been windscreen day. I had mine cracked on the M5 last night coming home.

BrisVegas
16th January 2008, 09:39 AM
geezuz oz. stay inside for a week or to until this passes.

Sasquatch
16th January 2008, 09:51 AM
Hopefully your karma won't run over my dogma.

Eag's
16th January 2008, 09:57 AM
**** me oz what a prick of a week :shock:

just
16th January 2008, 10:02 AM
Oz
It can only get better from here.

oz
16th January 2008, 10:04 AM
shit happens, I guess. It's kinda funny, so I can have a chuckle about it. If it continues, though, I am less likely to be laughing. :)

And yes, G69, I have been a prick... but no more than usual. :)

markTHEblake
16th January 2008, 09:37 PM
So, clearly, someone up there has decided that I have done something wrong

If you would really like to get theological about it - maybe you should be looking at it from the viewpoint of not what you might have done wrong, but rather, what you might not have done right. :neutral:

just
16th January 2008, 09:50 PM
Blakey
Are you suggesting The Lord is going to strike him down with a bolt of lightning for his past misdemeanours? If so I better start watching my back as well!:smt087:smt108:lol:

Jarro
16th January 2008, 10:02 PM
Blake, put your bible away before it goes off and hurts somebody :roll:

markTHEblake
16th January 2008, 10:20 PM
Blakey
Are you suggesting The Lord is going to strike him down with a bolt of lightning for his past misdemeanours?

No. Oz suggested that.

what I said was quite the opposite :-)

but the Ozgolf god might give Jarro a thunder bolt over the year for breaching forum commandment # 5 "Thou shalt not object to other posts publicly in the forum" :smt023