PDA

View Full Version : 17 Feb - Dunheved - Grunt v Amanda, Jono v Brad, Sydney hacker v burger

amanda
15th January 2008, 08:55 AM
For the first round of the matchplay -

Grunt
amanda
Jono
brad
Sydney hacker
burger

Edit - booked in at 11.38am and 11.45am - there's still 2 spots left if anyone is interested in joining us.

Scores:
Grunt 34pts
Brad 29
burger 26
TS 23
Jono 21
amanda 18

Match results were Grunt bt Amanda, Brad bt Jono, TS bt burger

burger
15th January 2008, 09:43 PM
Hope this date/venue is open to all . . . . .;)

1. Grunt
2. Amanda
3. Jono
4. Brad
5. Sydney Hacker (pending leave pass confirmation)
6. Burger (leave pass granted :smt038 :smt060)

I rang Dunheved Proshop today and ProDude said Sunday comps have been fairly quiet lately, he was confident we would get a start. Said just to ring on the Sat 2 weeks prior.

stu.

amanda
16th January 2008, 06:33 AM
Hi burger - of course open to all!

Looks like it will be a good day :)

Sydney Hacker
16th January 2008, 07:31 AM
I should be fine for this... the trouble and strife has given preliminary approval, so barring last minute hiccups should be fine.

Cheers,
Frank

jimandr
16th January 2008, 08:45 PM
Wow, three Matches on the same day.

Unfortunately Sunday 17 Feb is one of the few weekends that I won't be free, so Matt3jab and I can't make a fourth match happen.

Jono
17th January 2008, 06:48 AM
Question:

Does Ozgolf matchplay rules allow carts for those too unfit to walk the course?

Otherwise, I'd better start working on my fitness. :oops: :oops: :oops:

AndyP
17th January 2008, 07:31 AM
Both of the Qld matchplay finalists played in a cart. I think they should both be DQ'd.

amanda
17th January 2008, 07:47 AM
Question:

I think we'd need to see a doctor's certificate ;) why not bring Heidi along as your caddie?

Andrew
17th January 2008, 07:52 AM
Question:

Yeah, those hills at Dunheved are a killer.

3oneday
17th January 2008, 08:04 AM
Yeah, flattest course in Sydney, however on 17th Feb could also be 40° :)

burger
17th January 2008, 02:09 PM
on 17th Feb could also be 40° :)

:smt087 :shock: :smt108 :smt087 :smt087 :smt087 yike!

amanda
18th January 2008, 07:42 AM
hey - any day out west could be that hot!

Grunt
20th January 2008, 06:16 PM
Burger & Syd Hacker,

Is this your Matchplay game too? I will add it to the draw if it is.

3oneday
20th January 2008, 06:23 PM
hey - any day out west could be that hot!not in July ;)

burger
21st January 2008, 11:48 AM
Burger & Syd Hacker,

Is this your Matchplay game too? I will add it to the draw if it is.

Yes Grant it is our matchplay! Thanks for adding to draw.

stu

burger
24th January 2008, 10:37 AM
Should this go across to the main (non-matchplay) part of 1st tee?

jimandr
24th January 2008, 08:04 PM
Not until a venue and time is confirmed.

Sydney Hacker
25th January 2008, 08:08 AM
So is anyone going to give me the low down on Burger ? Am I playing against a world renowed burglar and he has simply dropped the l out of his name ???

mikezone13
25th January 2008, 11:47 AM
I can recall his "air swing" on the second tee at Bayview in last year's matchplay.. I must've had him rattled ;)

burger
25th January 2008, 12:52 PM
Lowdown on Burger:

'Burger' moniker does indeed come from 'burgler' nickname in my tennis days app 15 years ago. . . . I dropped down a grade (or 2) to play with my now wife!

As to my golf . . . . .

Not too many airies these days, at least I hope not! :oops:

Play off 22 atm with the following primary weaknesses: lack of consistancy, cant putt for sh!t, course management (esp in match play), slow starter, problem back, crook knees (both ACL reconstructions), dont play much, other than that I play GREAT! except for accuracy with irons and driver. :smt108 :-"

I think there was a comment at Castle Hill after a compliment, for one of only a few good drives, along the lines of "Yeah, but he cant do anything else" :roll:

Hope that fills you with confidence! ;) :smt079

So can anyone give me a lowdown on Sydney Hacker? :smt002
Fishman?

stu.

Sydney Hacker
27th January 2008, 09:23 AM
Burger,

I have all the shots, both left and right ones, if only I knew which one it was going to be !

I am off 12, don't really play to it that often. I seem to spend a lot of time hitting approach shots from other fairways.

Cheers,
Frank

burger
29th January 2008, 10:08 AM
I seem to spend a lot of time hitting approach shots from other fairways.
Sounds like we'll be a good pair then! Hopefully we'll be hitting from the same 'other' fairway! ;) :roll: :-k

stu.

amanda
30th January 2008, 09:34 AM
Sydney Hacker, Jono - can you please PM me your full name, club, handicap & golflink details? (Jono I have your name details already - just don't have the RAE golflink & handicap)

I'll call them first thing Sunday morning to make a booking.

Anyone else want to join us?

3oneday
30th January 2008, 09:36 AM
I thought it wasn't Dunheved, or was, or wasn't ?

amanda
30th January 2008, 09:37 AM
Yep - Pete we plan to play at your home course :)

3oneday
30th January 2008, 09:38 AM
Former... back at Windsor now. Dunheved was too hard to get a hit on a Sunday ;)

amanda
30th January 2008, 10:31 AM
didn't know you'd changed back!

burger
30th January 2008, 01:52 PM
I may have been given bad info :smt087, however when I rang on the 15th the pro-dude said I could book on Saturday . . . .

stu

amanda
31st January 2008, 10:22 AM
stu - just called the pro shop - sheet comes out for members on Friday night, public bookings available Saturday afternoon.

I might just drive down there and do the booking around lunchtime (we are only about 10 min away)

burger
31st January 2008, 02:01 PM
cool mands, you're the beesknees!

:smt023 :smt038

stu!

amanda
3rd February 2008, 06:28 AM
All booked in for 11.38am and 11.45am. Still 2 spots free!

3oneday
3rd February 2008, 06:39 AM
Course should be good, their Cup is the day before.

JimBob
3rd February 2008, 08:17 AM
I'll come down for a hit if there is still room, I'm not far away & haven't played there in years.

Pete, you up for a re match?

3oneday
3rd February 2008, 01:02 PM
Pete, you up for a re match?I'd love to but I'm playing there the day before and I'm on standby for Windsor on the Sunday.

Stick me in for a game at Windsor after that though mate, we'll give another 4ball a whirl (6 less bogeys should do it :))

amanda
3rd February 2008, 08:56 PM
JimBob - I've sent you a PM for your details - look forward to meeting you!

Sydney Hacker
6th February 2008, 01:02 PM
Hi All,

Unfortunately I am going to have to pull out of this.

I have just spoken with the boss and it looks like I have to spend a very large portion of my time in Qld for work over the next 6 months or so due to staff shortages, starting next week.

I don't like my chances of being allowed to play golf on a weekend while I am away during the week.

Once again sorry for stuffing you around.

burger
6th February 2008, 02:52 PM
I don't like my chances of being allowed to play golf on a weekend while I am away during the week.

Hey Frank who wears the pants in your house ? ;) :smt079 :-k
In my house, I do!. 8)

:---)
cos my wife lets me . . . . :oops: :smt087

stu.

Grunt
6th February 2008, 02:56 PM
So Sydney Hacker does that mean you are out of the matchplay?

Sydney Hacker
6th February 2008, 03:51 PM
So Sydney Hacker does that mean you are out of the matchplay?

It will probably be better if you just cancel me out of the whole thing sorry. By the sounds of it I will have to spend most weeks in Qld for the next 6 months or so.

Again my most sincere apologies for stuffing you around.

Sydney Hacker
6th February 2008, 03:52 PM
Hey Frank who wears the pants in your house ? ;) :smt079 :-k
In my house, I do!. 8)

:---)
cos my wife lets me . . . . :oops: :smt087

stu.

Age old story... I wear 'em, she just tells me what pair to put on !

jimandr
9th February 2008, 02:30 PM
I suggest you give Dunheved a call late next week to check the condition of the course.

A workmate of mine was scheduled to play there Saturday, and was told on Friday that the creek had broken its banks and damaged the course, so even if it stops raining they might be struggling for a while.

3oneday
9th February 2008, 02:49 PM
I'm mates with a few guys there, they said it was closed until Monday for starters. I will check with them early in the week and see what they say as well, but their Cup is due the day before so I would expect them to be working hard to get it right.

I also can't think of too many greens that are near the creeks so it shouldn't be too badly off.

Jono
9th February 2008, 05:39 PM
Any love for Camden Lakeside if Dunheved is closed?

Grunt
9th February 2008, 05:44 PM
Any love for Camden Lakeside if Dunheved is closed?
Not here, too pricey for me.

Andrew
9th February 2008, 06:19 PM
I'm mates with a few guys there, they said it was closed until Monday for starters. I will check with them early in the week and see what they say as well, but their Cup is due the day before so I would expect them to be working hard to get it right.

I also can't think of too many greens that are near the creeks so it shouldn't be too badly off.

I thought you were a member there.

3oneday
9th February 2008, 06:58 PM
I thought you were a member there.No, I went back to Windsor... I'm ho'ing courses now ;)

:lol:

Jono
10th February 2008, 10:04 AM
Not here, too pricey for me.

But what about all the money you are saving by quitting Mac Grange membership? ;)

amanda
14th February 2008, 09:38 AM
Game is still on - course is open.

No carts - so Jono you will have to walk.

From another thread - I believe TS is now taking Sydney Hacker's place against burger. TS - can you please contact the pro shop - 9623 0239 - and replace your details with Sydney Hacker's (Frank)? Thanks

3oneday
14th February 2008, 12:59 PM
No carts - so Jono you will have to walk.damn, hilly course, think he'll cope ?

why is there two threads ?

TS
14th February 2008, 01:14 PM
damn, hilly course, think he'll cope ?

why is there two threads ?

Jono already got the ozgolf scoring record of 17 at the 18th hole at Magenta.

Jarro's Matchplay record may be in danger being broken as well. I suggest the Jono's match be moved to 8am, the Fat Jap may need more than 6 hours to walk 18 holes.

Grunt
14th February 2008, 02:57 PM
Hope it is drier than Ashlar. Played there today and it was longer on the fairways than the US open rough. Was a tough walk.

3oneday
14th February 2008, 07:47 PM
Played 9 at Dunheved tonite, amazing condition ! Stay out of the rough though ;)

Grunt
14th February 2008, 07:49 PM
Stay out of the rough though ;)
bugger that was my plan to attack from the fringes.

Grunt
15th February 2008, 01:28 PM
Course should be good, their Cup is the day before.

Good luck in the South Creek Cup @ Dunheved tomorrow Pete. Any other OzGolfers playing?

3oneday
15th February 2008, 03:42 PM
Good luck in the South Creek Cup @ Dunheved tomorrow Pete. Any other OzGolfers playing?None that I know of, I'm playing with their current Club Champ (who is also NSW State Mid-Am champ) so it should be good fun 8)

Grunt
15th February 2008, 03:45 PM
So what is the Handicap diff between yourself and I, Amanda? 4 shots? So shots given on 8, 12, 4 & 16. Can't remember what those holes are at Dunheved, no website or card here.
Not long now.

How about Jono V Brad & TS V Burger, What are your Handicap differences?

burger
15th February 2008, 04:01 PM
I am off 22 atm and have no idea what TS hcp is . . .

Grunt
15th February 2008, 04:02 PM
Think he is around 12, so it will be around 10 shots/holes.

TS
15th February 2008, 04:03 PM
I am off 22 atm and have no idea what TS hcp is . . .

27, so I get 5 shots

Grunt
15th February 2008, 04:03 PM
LOL TS, now be honest 28 ;)

PeteyD
15th February 2008, 04:14 PM
You'd still get flogged tony ;)

TS
15th February 2008, 04:17 PM
You'd still get flogged tony ;)

Pete. Thanks for your vote of confident.

3oneday
15th February 2008, 04:23 PM
No matter, I'm playing Brad ;)

Grunt
16th February 2008, 07:10 AM
Yeah, flattest course in Sydney, however on 17th Feb could also be 40° :)

:smt087 :shock: :smt108 :smt087 :smt087 :smt087 yike!

hey - any day out west could be that hot!

Don't worry about the weather tomorrow looks as if it will be great golfing weather.

http://www.weatherchannel.com.au/Magic94scripts/mgrqispi94.dll?appname=WC&prgname=WC&Function=Golf&ClubId=3464&Selected=True

See you all in the morning. I will be there around 11ish.

Jono
16th February 2008, 01:08 PM
Just rang. Carts allowed. Woohoo !!! 8)

Grunt
16th February 2008, 01:13 PM

Wimp

Jono
16th February 2008, 03:36 PM
Wimp

What was your favourite saying again? Ah, that's right.

"If I cared, I would be worried."

Ditto.

;)

JimBob
16th February 2008, 03:49 PM
Sorry guys, I am going to have to pull the pin....selling my house so I've got way too much work to do.....really sorry.

Do I need to scrub myself out with the club?

Cheers
Jim

TS
16th February 2008, 04:25 PM

John

Do you mind I share a cart with you? Had some problem with my foot.

TS

Grunt
16th February 2008, 04:42 PM
What was your favourite saying again? Ah, that's right.

"If I cared, I would be worried."

Ditto.

;)

Not my saying. mine would be more like;

As if I give a ****

3oneday
16th February 2008, 04:43 PM
wimps

Grunt
16th February 2008, 05:20 PM
What are the groups tomorrow? I gather that seeing TS & Jono want to share a cart that means the following

TS V Burger
Jono V Brad

Grunt V Amanda

So what were the bookings for? 2 groups of 4 or just the 6 players that were listed? Just wondering if the 2 is in front of the 4 or the opposite? Might be a chance to recruit 2 new members in the group with Amanda & myself.

Jono
16th February 2008, 06:59 PM
Oh well, if I cared I guess I would be worried.

I think my version is closer. ;)

Jono
16th February 2008, 07:01 PM
John

Do you mind I share a cart with you? Had some problem with my foot.

TS

No probs. 8)

amanda
17th February 2008, 07:37 AM
Sorry guys, I am going to have to pull the pin....selling my house so I've got way too much work to do.....really sorry.

Do I need to scrub myself out with the club?

Cheers
Jim

Jim - yes! Please call the club and cancel.

What are the groups tomorrow? I gather that seeing TS & Jono want to share a cart that means the following

TS V Burger
Jono V Brad

Grunt V Amanda

So what were the bookings for? 2 groups of 4 or just the 6 players that were listed? Just wondering if the 2 is in front of the 4 or the opposite? Might be a chance to recruit 2 new members in the group with Amanda & myself.

The groups are booked in the pro shop as:

Grunt v Amanda
Jono v Brad

Then
TS v Burger
JimBob (who must call the pro shop and cancel)

If you want to change the groups - whoever gets to the pro shop first needs to do it.

amanda
17th February 2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks to all for a fun day out. I played badly and lost the matchplay - but strangely I still had a good time!

Highlight - I chipped/putted in from the fringe on a par 3 for 4/2pts - then seconds later Grunt did the same!

Grunt
17th February 2008, 05:26 PM
What were the results for the other games? I need to put them on the results/draw thread.

Jarro
17th February 2008, 05:27 PM
Congrats to the winners, commiserations to the losers.

Seems a pretty low-scoring affair there today, were the conditions pretty tough or something ?

Grunt
17th February 2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks to all for a fun day out. I played badly and lost the matchplay - but strangely I still had a good time!

Highlight - I chipped/putted in from the fringe on a par 3 for 4/2pts - then seconds later Grunt did the same!

Thanks for the game Amanda it really was fun.
On the 8th (our 17th) Amanda says she is going to chip in for 4/2 and I thought ok. Next she does just that. :smt038
So there I am just off the green for 3 after my tee shot took a bounce off the slope on the side of the green into the water, I followed that with a chip that was too hard and rolled thru the green. I am thinking I need to do that too. I get my 9 iron and chip it straight in. :smt023

Grunt
17th February 2008, 05:54 PM
Hold the Phone!!
STOP PRESS
Grunts wins an OzGolf Day with more than 2 players!!
Will others give the game away now?:-k

Grunt
17th February 2008, 05:59 PM

Seems a pretty low-scoring affair there today, were the conditions pretty tough or something ?

Was the day after their big South Creek Cup Day. Have to say it was not that tough if you could play, I can't. I had my best ever score at Dunheved so I am happy. It is one of those courses that I can't seem to score at. I have to admit I have a changed plan on the course and it seems to work.
Even Amanda noted on a hole when I was in the trees that she would not have expected me to chip it out and then see what happens. She said that I would have got the 3 wood and tried to get to the green. Course was in great condition, greens were firm though for all the rains that we have had in Sydney and looked faster than they actually were.

TS
17th February 2008, 07:34 PM

I was scoring ok until I crack the face on the driver on the back 9.

Jono
17th February 2008, 07:43 PM

You're a gorilla. :roll:

markTHEblake
17th February 2008, 08:15 PM

Ouch!... Did you call for the Doctor?

burger
18th February 2008, 09:01 AM
I had a great day out too! Thanks Brad for the great company and well done with your win!. :smt038

Shot of the day (for mine) was Brad, hitting from a bunker and puts a great swing on it, comes out soft with spin and pulls up about a foot from the pin! guaranteed par and hole win!

Shame it was TS's ball . . . . . . :smt013

Brad hit lots of really solid 3 irons too which were impressive.

I enjoyed playing TS and learnt a bit more about steady play and chipping close enough to one putt.

My game, well . . . drove well enough early for Jono to put 5$ on me to beat TS after about the 3rd hole. WTF? I couldn't really understand it as I was 3 down at that point. Jono said something about it had more do do with TS's ability on the back nine or something . . . but we were playing the back nine first so I was confused. :?

I felt I putted much better today, it was only suggested i go back to the proshop for a skirt once. Missed a lot of putt rolling just by, close on the high side which apparantly is the side to miss on (if you do miss).
As usual irons inaccuracy and crap pitching/chipping my downfall. :oops:
But with playing/practising as little as I do, I dont really expect any more than I got.

All in all a great day thanks guys and gal!

stu