PDA

View Full Version : Rocket vs Goughy - The western swing!

goughy
12th January 2008, 09:03 AM
Thought I'd start one off. I'm happy to play anywhere as long as I can fit it into my hectic schedule of not playing golf ;)

Mostly I play on Sundays, which gives us plenty of open day options. If you play in brissie a bit I could make my way down there some time. Unfortunately I can't make Wynnum, unless of course the Indians pull out of the one dayers and the gabba game is cancelled!

Plenty of time left of course!

AndyP
12th January 2008, 02:09 PM
Gatton?

rocket
12th January 2008, 03:02 PM
I can get you on Brisbane GC every other sunday, Gailes would be ok also I am pretty much open to anywhere you like, BTW what is your handicap I am of 23.

gazgolf1
12th January 2008, 03:36 PM
Is this like a "drop your keys in the bowl" swing or should I look in the 19th hole for that thread. ;)

goughy
12th January 2008, 06:22 PM
Gaz, I've already seen your boobs (reflected in every driver you sell in the proshop).

What would a game at Brisbane cost?? I'm a bit of a cheapskate! Maybe a few of the guys could join us, we do have a Brisbane member in a midst. As much as Gatton would be fair, I can think of better.

I'm off 12, but often play like I'm off 27 ;)

rocket
12th January 2008, 06:48 PM
Gatton, i think we could do better , from $40 - $50 depending on when we play

goughy
12th January 2008, 08:50 PM
I'd do that. Gatton or Borneo B, it'd be a toss up!

goughy
24th February 2008, 12:42 PM
I'm out for the first two weekends in March, but I might be ok for a game after that. If we pick a venue, we might be able to get some tag alongs. I'd do Gailes, Nudgee, any o the regulars, unless you wanted to head up this way.

Let me know what you think. We've still got 2 months up our sleeves. Better get at me soon though. I've only bettered my hc once in the last two years, and I feel a hot streak coming on!

rocket
9th March 2008, 09:09 PM
Mate I am happy to slot in around you, I will more than happy with what you can come up with, not sure about your work schedule, but I can sneak away during the week or play on weekends whatever suits you. But we better make it happen.

goughy
9th March 2008, 10:33 PM
I don't get in a lot of games. I average about 1 a month! Will be playing at middle ridge on easter monday with shazza and peter rs if you're interested? I don't play that well there either ;)

Generally mid week golf is out for me. We've still got some time up our sleeves, not panick stations yet. But I guess with my golf schedule I've only got like 2 or 3 games to the end of april. I'd like to make it to brissie for a game again soon. I may still make the mcleod cup yet.

rocket
10th March 2008, 09:04 AM
Yeh easter monday should be cool, pencil me in.

goughy
21st March 2008, 07:12 PM
So, how do we do this hc thingy again. I'm off 13, I think rocket is 23. So does he get 1 shot on matchplay index holes 1 to 10? I'm guessing that's right.

jaybam
21st March 2008, 07:38 PM
yup got it in one :)

rocket
21st March 2008, 08:16 PM
yeh i wondering about that, i am playing tomorrow so i might be of 24 by monday, currently of 23.4 or might be of less, i am only playing Brisbane so should be a walk in the park.