PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 7th January

Grunt
10th January 2008, 07:39 AM
Played @ Bexley yesterday.

Had a great round with a couple of great guys.Two were 84yo & 1 in his 70's. My golf was ok 34 points. Could have been so much better if the results off the tee were better. Had a fair few result in me having to chip out from under trees and take my medicine. First round of 17 for quite a while and I let the fact I missed the par on the hole I did not get a shot on get to me. I was trying to get it back, trying too hard and my swing was hurt by that. Greens at Bexley were slower than normal too. Left lots of putts online but less than a foot short. Was good to see the members say the same thing, was not just me.

Stats

3/10 Fairways
4 GIR
36 Putts (2 3 putts & 2 one Putts)
2/13 Up & Downs
3 Pars
10 Bogies
5 Doubles

Flowergirl
10th January 2008, 12:56 PM
Social 9 holes last night - it wasn't too hot;) Needed a par on the last hole to break the magical 40 - and yep - bogey. Still very happy to par 6 holes and bogey 3. 18 putts - 9 x 2 putts.
Shame not playing with Mike and Kev on Friday :evil:

Grunt
12th January 2008, 02:35 PM
Played @ Camden Lakeside today.

Was not an overly good round with the driver not behaving. Lots of missed fairways. Some good shots spread throughout the round though. Putting was not too bad but again not exceptional.

Stats
Points 30
Gross 95
Nett 78
Fairways 5/13 35%
GIR 1/18 5%
Putts 33
Up & Downs 4/13 30%

Need to get the swing back, was swinging too hard today. Guess I may have slipped into the silly mode of trying to compete with Jono & Miro off the tee. Not good, got to remember that golf is against the course not the opponent.

Jono
12th January 2008, 04:04 PM
Camden Lakeside with Grunt and the Miros.

First time I've played to my handicap in a while. 8)

76 (4 over)
41 points
10/14 fairways
12 GIR
33 putts :?
3/5 up and downs
1 lost ball

BrisVegas
12th January 2008, 04:57 PM
-3 today in Single vs Par. Had about a million putts. stoney - you still got that Ping Anser I sold you??

Courty
12th January 2008, 06:09 PM
Got drenched in a 4BBB stroke event today. I hit the ball terrible for the first few holes, but then steadied the ship and played pretty much on handicap after that.
They finally put the new greens in play this week. It is such a relief to be playing 18 normal greens now. The new ones are still a bit lumpy, but they're still way better than those damn temporaries.

JimBob
12th January 2008, 06:13 PM
Wednesday - had an abissmal -4.......nothing good to talk about. Got .1 back & went out to 6.

Friday - played some incredible golf at Camden Lakeside, coupled with awful putting for a Nett 74. Birdied 3 of the first 4 holes for a good start, 5 x 3 putts.

Today - 38 points (22 & 16 pts) without holing a putt, had 50 points in the 4 ball & got knocked off by a shot. Back on 5, for a few games at least.

Fishman Dan
12th January 2008, 07:05 PM
34 pts in a return to golf after a month off.

Didn't hit a ball from a fairway all day and putting was much harder than I last remember. The course has dried out significantly. Every 2nd putt was usually from 6 feet past the hole.

Happy with 34 pts considering. Had 2 birdies (Index 17 and 18 :roll:), 1 wipe and 35 putts in that total. Any 1 putt hole was usually followed up by a 3 putt.

Eag's
12th January 2008, 07:27 PM
Camden Lakeside with Grunt and the Miros.

First time I've played to my handicap in a while. 8)

76 (4 over)
41 points
10/14 fairways
12 GIR
33 putts :?
3/5 up and downs
1 lost ball

Well done mate :smt023

Courty
13th January 2008, 02:50 PM
..wait for it...13/13 fairways (talk about unfamiliar territory even though they were only barely getting past 200m)

:shock: Holy crap. That's fantastic work. Better being 200m down the middle than 280 in the bushes/ lake etc. :smt023

Jarro
13th January 2008, 05:00 PM
Great shooting Dick ..... keep this form up and you're a shoe-in to take out the matchplay this year !

miro
13th January 2008, 05:37 PM
Played with the wife jono and grunt. Just to prove to g69 wrong about fairways I give you the following.

Gross 70, two under par
42 points
4 fairways!!
12 greens
27 putts

Also had two shots that were within a foot of the putting surface for easy up and downs.

Had my best nine holes ever with a string of birdie birdie birdie eagle to go five under over four holes and then parred in for a five under nine.

Pretty happy with the round.

Bruce
13th January 2008, 05:44 PM
4BBB at Mirboo Nth. We had 45 points which is a solid result for a 4ball but never going to win anything.

However, 42 of those points were mine. After a wobbly double on the first where I didn't realise how hard and fast things were I started hitting greens and making up and downs for pars. 23 points on the front that included a wipe on the 9th as I started to believe my own hype and went for too much. A solid 19 on the way home (musta got tired from carrying my partner ;) )and I had one heck of a day.

There was no hiding the round and so I have a golflink update made in a pairs comp.

I've dropped 2 shots and I didn't even win a ball in the down the line :cry:

And nice shooting Miro!!

goughy
13th January 2008, 06:10 PM
[quote=miro;203660

Had my best nine holes ever with a string of birdie birdie birdie eagle to go five under over four holes and then parred in for a five under nine.

Pretty happy with the round.[/quote]

Jeeze! I'd hate to see what you'd shot on a round you were ecstatic with!!!

Nice shootin'

Grunt
13th January 2008, 06:14 PM
Great golf Bruce.

In regards to Miro's round I can't believe that he was scoring so weel coming from places I normally am in. He would miss a fairway only to see the next shot very close to the pin.

Eag's
13th January 2008, 06:14 PM
Top stuff Miro :smt038:smt023

miro
13th January 2008, 07:00 PM
Great way to start the year for many of us by the look of this thread!

Jono
13th January 2008, 07:05 PM
Gross 70, two under par
42 points
4 fairways!!
12 greens
27 putts

And from memory, 3 of those fairways hit were with the 3 wood/3 iron. I think you only hit 1 fairway with the driver.

Mate, imagine what you would be shooting if you can get your driver straightened out. :shock:

oz
13th January 2008, 07:05 PM
Not so for me, miro.... :( Disappointing short game effort left me with 31 pts. Dropped 4 shots on the 4 par 5's (all short game errors), and double'd the last (par 4), in disgust. But I know where I need work, and I plan to practice this year, so short game is to be the focus.

AndyP
13th January 2008, 10:35 PM
Well done, Bruce. Just after I started reading your post, but before I read that your handicap was adjusted, I was getting the burglar comments ready.

kev
13th January 2008, 11:26 PM
Played Glen Waverly Public today with Mulgrave Country Club. It was a Aggregate pairs Stableford comp with my partner and I coming up with a grand total of 50 points! :cry:

I scored 52 on the front (14pts) and 45 on the back 9 (16 points).
5 fairways
40 putts - greens were atrocious with no consistency whatsoever. Having said that though we all had to play the same greens.

Driving was a really strong point today. The out-laws got me this cheap box of Topflite Power balls for Christmas, so I thought I would try to lose a few today. The balls feel heavy and are hard as a rock, but boy do they fly. Added at least 20 to 30m to my shots. Longest drive was the 6th, and I put one just over 300m down the fairway, no-one else was even close :shock: . Only problem with these balls is that you can't get them to stop on greens. Not even using a lob wedge could get them to check. So my short game was crap. Just couldn't make the adjustment. Yes I know I should have gone back to my regular ball... :)

miro
14th January 2008, 08:19 AM
And from memory, 3 of those fairways hit were with the 3 wood/3 iron. I think you only hit 1 fairway with the driver.

Mate, imagine what you would be shooting if you can get your driver straightened out. :shock:

Yeah actually 0 fairways hit with driver -got close a few times does that count?

goughy
14th January 2008, 08:28 AM
Effectively!!!

Grunt
15th January 2008, 09:05 PM
Just saw the results for Camden Lakeside on Golflink.

Miro bad lack you got 3rd and Jono 4th. Some guy off 11 shot the same gross score as Miro :shock:. Both of you had nice handicap drops though. I came 21st out of 29 :oops:

Matt 3 Jab
16th January 2008, 12:25 PM
Played bankstown today, had 29 points. Hit the ball ok, some good, some bad, played well the back 9 but all coming together again.

Long putter went ok but just didnt put the roll i wanted on the ball.

Practice will make perfect with the short one!

jimandr
16th January 2008, 09:51 PM
Played bankstown today, had 29 points. Hit the ball ok, some good, some bad, played well the back 9 but all coming together again.

Long putter went ok but just didnt put the roll i wanted on the ball.

Practice will make perfect with the short one!

RULES VIOLATION!!

Matt should've started a new weekly thread. Didn't we have a penalty in mind for this back in the early days?

Flowergirl
17th January 2008, 09:14 AM
4BBB at Mirboo Nth. We had 45 points which is a solid result for a 4ball but never going to win anything.

However, 42 of those points were mine. After a wobbly double on the first where I didn't realise how hard and fast things were I started hitting greens and making up and downs for pars. 23 points on the front that included a wipe on the 9th as I started to believe my own hype and went for too much. A solid 19 on the way home (musta got tired from carrying my partner ;) )and I had one heck of a day.

There was no hiding the round and so I have a golflink update made in a pairs comp.

I've dropped 2 shots and I didn't even win a ball in the down the line :cry:

And nice shooting Miro!!

WEll done Bruceboy!!!!!!!! 19!!!!!!! Congratulations teenager!!!!!!!

BrisWesty
17th January 2008, 05:26 PM
Played Buninyong with a very ad-hoc hire set (I've never used a 2 iron before!). Breeze was up there with our Pac Harbour champs round. 88/75 for a 3 over hcp. 32 putts (the putter wasn't too bad) with only 1 3 putt. 6 fairways, 4 GIR. Kept forgetting the clubs were old loft, so were at least one club shorter. 1 bird, 5 par, 7 bogey, 5 doubles.
Almost hole-in-oned the short 12th. Ball just slid by the hole but made the birdie coming back.