PDA

View Full Version : Cobra X Speed Driver review

Matt 3 Jab
5th January 2008, 03:15 PM
ok, i had a range session, so thought id give my initial reaction to the driver.

Driver: Cobra X Speed 9.5 degrees loft
Shaft: Graf Pro Lite 3.5 Stiff

Look: Nice head, not too big looking but a very tall face. The shaft seems to connect to the head behind the face, which makes it look a bit closed, but its not too bad.

Feel: Very hard and loud off the face, the shaft seems nice and stiff, and the the noise isnt as bad as i thought.

Flight: Lower than my R510TP. seems to pierce the air alot better, and it would roll like a champ. Was easily getting past my old R510TP which is a good sign. Could work the ball a little, but not as much as my R510TP.

Forgiveness: There is alot of face on this driver, so it seems your hitting it in the middle the whole time. But i didnt hit any really off to the side so not 100% sure, but im guessing that this driver would be very forgiving.

Overall: If you swing it hard, and like a lower flight but with good carry and roll, try one, their pretty cheap, and they dont look all that bad.

Hope this helps anyone thinking about one, or if you have any comments let me know.

I also need to change the grip, so if anyone has a Cobra grip (any type), or any other good quality cord, please let me know.

I'll chuck some photos up later too comparing to my R510TP to give you an idea of shape. But its good to my eye.

Jono
5th January 2008, 06:32 PM
Does it go as well as the F Speed you tried at the Moore Park range couple of years ago? ;)

Matt 3 Jab
5th January 2008, 09:48 PM
Not as well as that, although im not swinging it that well at the moment.

Its definatly a loud beast, but the flight was good and the misses were still ok