12th October 2004, 01:03 PM
Nothin yet, just noticed it hadn't been started, I'll appoint myself :lol:

Onewood
12th October 2004, 05:28 PM
Nothin yet, just noticed it hadn't been started, I'll appoint myself :lol:

Well played :wink:

amanda
13th October 2004, 12:29 PM
Ladies comp today - the ones of us who have jobs started early at 8am - it was already starting to get hot and humid.

Played an individual par event - I had +9!! :D :D :D So my handicap should drop to 21.6 - I've reached my target for this year. I played out every hole - even if I had a wipe - 45 each 9 for a 90! I'm so stoked - my next target is to beat 90 :D

Excitement of the day was when one of the group almost fainted - she hadn't drunk much water during the day and had a beer @ halfway :shock: We had to call the pro shop to collect her on the 17th hole.

Playing with a work friend tomorrow - I hope it's not this hot! (The temperature on the course was 38C+)

Mau - tried out the Classic shoes today - very comfy and my feet are not blistered or sore. I don't think I would have had the same success with the Alluras - they might have to be reserved for cart golf when there isn't a lot of walking!

Andrew
13th October 2004, 12:39 PM
I played this morning as well, & it was pretty hot.

A dismal 29 points.

Interesting to note that my home course shortened a par 5 from 463m to a make it a par 4 of 420m. (Temporarily) This mean my course is a par 69 with 3 par 4's over 420m.

amanda
13th October 2004, 12:46 PM
Andrew - are they doing some course modifications?

cazandpaul
13th October 2004, 01:24 PM
Great golf Amanda :D

AndyP
13th October 2004, 01:30 PM
Played an individual par event - I had +9!! So my handicap should drop to 21.6 - I've reached my target for this year.

Well played, amanda. :D Good luck on your next target.

Maybe I should try this target thing. :-k

amanda
13th October 2004, 01:31 PM

Only works if you have a plan to help you get to your target :wink: For me it was consistency in iron play and learning how to pitch/chip effectively.

AndyP
13th October 2004, 01:36 PM
Only works if you have a plan to help you get to your target :wink: For me it was consistency in iron play and learning how to pitch/chip effectively.
Pffft, sounds like practice is required then.

I'm over the whole "target" idea now. :roll:

Onewood
13th October 2004, 02:41 PM
Well done Amanda, great scoring :D

I can't believe the excitment of the day was someone fainting though :roll:

How many pars & birds did you have in the round, is what we need to hear :wink: :D

Next goal is to shoot into the 80's :shock: awesome :D sounds better than breaking 90 :D give's you a bigger range aswell, you can shoot 80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88 or 89 :wink:

amanda
13th October 2004, 03:09 PM
Onewood - stats:
0 birdies, 6 pars :D , 9 bogeys, 1 double, 2 triples :oops:
35 putts, 8/13 fairways

Playing in the 80s sounds tough - but it won't stop me trying :D

drunken
13th October 2004, 03:51 PM
29 points in the usual Wednesday Stableford (99 off the stick).

Bombed the driver all day, only really missed one. The putter was on as well, but couldn't hit an iron to save me :evil:

markTHEblake
13th October 2004, 03:55 PM
Onewood - stats:
0 birdies, 6 pars :D , 9 bogeys, 1 double, 2 triples :oops:
35 putts, 8/13 fairways

Mandy, my keen mathematical eye says that doesnt look like 90 to me....
So a Par 73 then? Well that means you have already broken the magic figure of bogey golf so congratulations!

Bruce
13th October 2004, 03:57 PM
So how does one easily keep track of all these extra stats?

I struggle to keep accurate count up to 3 or 4 or 8 or whatever it was looking back down the fairway and doing that little hoppy thing with my finger as I recount my way to the hole. "One to under that tree, two to 5m past the tree, three smoked down to that bunker, four was out of the bunker out the back, five....etc"

Do you take a notebook with you? annotate on the scorecard and transpose at the end of the round?

Actually, I think my employer runs the back end of the PGA stats. Perhaps I should ask them how they do it for a full tour field.

Jarro
13th October 2004, 04:16 PM
83 at Nudgee North today.

drove the ball ok to start.. but faded badly towards the end of the round :oops:

was walking off the 12th green when we heard the "sonic boom" created by that F-111 100Kms off the coast :shock:

Onewood
13th October 2004, 05:30 PM
was walking off the 12th green when we heard the "sonic boom" created by that F-111 100Kms off the coast :shock:

I heard this on the radio and they where saying something about an F-111 :? but they did'nt fool me :wink: I knew Jarro, was playing today and thought to myself "silly people" that was one of Jarros, "sonic boom" drives :wink: :D

Jarro
13th October 2004, 06:39 PM
good thing that F-111 wasn't flying over the 13th fairway :roll: :lol:

markTHEblake
13th October 2004, 07:16 PM

most of us do it by memory. I try to record the stats on the PC the same day as i play. If i leave it for more than a week, or play another round in between,some details begin to get foggy, but thats more due to the lobotomy i tried to perform with beer in my early 20's than anything else. - Its quite easy to remember every shot in a round, as you replay it in your head.

Most stats programs can provide excellent info, by entering only your score for the hole, and your putts. as you begin to enjoy it, you can choose to record more info, like fairways hit and chips.

Once you get really technical, you can record every shot and its result with each club, That takes time and its advisable to cut back on the post game drinkies. Very few people are keen to do that (i dont) and not recommended unless your on a very low handicap.

Iain
13th October 2004, 07:42 PM
Played at Nudgee today, went ok. Had some really good holes, but then had shockers on others, it was a 4bbb stroke, the old man and I had a nett 62 (I think it may have been 63).

I hit some good drives, but started hitting my irons off the toe towards the end, only half the ball hit grooves.... :oops:

Better pick my game up for saturday, or it won't be g69 hitting the ton.... :?

Iain

BrisVegas
13th October 2004, 08:11 PM
Better pick my game up for saturday, or it won't be g69 hitting the ton.... :?

Iain

You'lll be right unit. Brooky is easy! Just hit 5 iron all day and you won't go near 100!! :wink:

Courty
13th October 2004, 09:06 PM
I had the afternoon off and played in the comp at Cairns GC (where else :roll: ). I had a blinder... 76 off the stick for 42 points. That included 3 double bogies and 4 birdies. I was even par after 15 and had 2 doubles in the last 3 holes :evil: I may have even reached my goal of making single figures by the end of the year (check Golflink tomorrow).
Stats would read something like this:
Fairways: 9/14
Greens: 11/18
Putts: 31

Jarro
14th October 2004, 03:12 AM
I had the afternoon off and played in the comp at Cairns GC (where else :roll: ). I had a blinder... 76 off the stick for 42 points. That included 3 double bogies and 4 birdies. I was even par after 15 and had 2 doubles in the last 3 holes :evil: I may have even reached my goal of making single figures by the end of the year (check Golflink tomorrow).
Stats would read something like this:
Fairways: 9/14
Greens: 11/18
Putts: 31

nice shooting Courty :)

you're really coming into some form lately 8)

amanda
14th October 2004, 06:33 AM

I struggle to keep accurate count up to 3 or 4 or 8 or whatever it was looking back down the fairway and doing that little hoppy thing with my finger as I recount my way to the hole. "One to under that tree, two to 5m past the tree, three smoked down to that bunker, four was out of the bunker out the back, five....etc"

Do you take a notebook with you? annotate on the scorecard and transpose at the end of the round?

Actually, I think my employer runs the back end of the PGA stats. Perhaps I should ask them how they do it for a full tour field.
Hey Bruce - I use FreeGolfInfo's GameTrack system which allows you to print off a scorecard for your course with spaces to track everything (f/ways, GIR, putts etc). I fill it in at the end of every hole - only takes another 30 seconds or so. I usually can't fill it in at the end of the round because I've forgotten so much!

Onewood - yes, it's a par 73.

AndyP
14th October 2004, 07:37 AM
Bruce, I take another sheet of paper around with me to mark down fairways, GIRs and putts. I don't trust my memory after the round, especially when I have played a course foreign to me.

Great play, Courty. There is a collective sigh of relief from those of us playing in the OZgolf Champs, that you are unable to make it in the form you are in. :wink:

Flowergirl
14th October 2004, 11:21 AM
Way to go Amanda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic, Brillant, Bravo, Well done, Congratulation, You go girl!, and every accolade I can think of!!!!
How exciting for you. Such a chunk off your handicap...........gee I better watch out!!! keep up the great work.

And well played Courty.......( sorry I didn't get as excited about your great round) What a top effort!!!

Flowergirl
14th October 2004, 11:25 AM
Nothing to report from me after yesterday. Was playing well but not feeling too crash hot so I pulled out after the front nine. I had a 44 and was playing nice golf but felt like crap........would have been nice to come home with the monthly medal but when you get old like me you gotta look after yourself :wink:
( feel fine tday - of course cos I gotta work!!!! - fancy getting sick on a golf day :evil: )

amanda
14th October 2004, 01:32 PM
Open comp at New Brighton today - shot a 93 for 38 points off my new handicap. I should go down 20.8. Had 4 pars, 9 bogeys, 5 doubles (or worse). I think I had 33 putts also.

But it was a bit of a debacle as my handicap hadn't been updated from the previous day as they hadn't closed off the comp in the computer. So I score using the handicap printed on my card and submit it. Drop by the pro shop and they tell me to re-enter my scores on the computer once they've fixed it up - but my card is in the locked scorecard box that no-one has the key to :evil: So my scorecard says 41, but the computer now says 38 :? I was leading C grade when I left as well - I hope I don't get done in for signing and incorrect scorecard!

Courty
14th October 2004, 04:13 PM
Great play, Courty. There is a collective sigh of relief from those of us playing in the OZgolf Champs, that you are unable to make it in the form you are in. :wink:

Haha, thanks Andy, I'm glad I will be missed :roll: :wink: . I've known for a while that I'm capable of these scores, but I always have a couple of bad holes to ruin it all. Even yesterday I had 3 doubles :evil: .I just have to stay focused and keep it together.

Update: CCR of only 70 means I dropped 0.8 to 9.6 (only 0.2 away from my goal of single figures by the end of the year 8) )

Flowergirl
14th October 2004, 04:52 PM
Two great games back to back Amanda.what can I say :lol:

Hope they accept your card.........bit of a tricky one that :roll:

amanda
15th October 2004, 07:55 AM
My card was accepted as they admitted that it was their fault for not updating the handicaps yesterday - and I ended up winning C-grade! A $75 voucher I think as it was Bonanza Day and I think I'll pick up 2 golf balls in the ball comp :D

Now - what to spend my voucher on - I have wet weather gear, new shoes & a new shirt (thanks to clickchic!) - any suggestions? Nothing equipment related though as everything in the bag works a treat!

3oneday
15th October 2004, 09:03 AM
Socks ???? I know I am running low, try out a few different balls, maybe play a round with a top shelf one, to see if that helps the shortgame even more ??? a new towel ?? ball scoop ?? some brush tees ?? reshaft something ?? new cap ?? iron covers ??

that's all I can think of, sorry.

:lol:

Pete

amanda
15th October 2004, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the suggestions Pete. Funny thing is last weekend I bought 4 new pairs of socks for golf! (used with new shoes of course :wink: )

I think a new cap will be in order. I've been using an AccuFlex cap from Terence which is great - but unfortunately black! Just attracts too much heat.

Some new gloves might be a goer too.

markTHEblake
15th October 2004, 11:23 PM
but unfortunately black! Just attracts too much heat.

Your as hot as Grace Park at the moment - keep the black hat, its working.

Flowergirl
16th October 2004, 09:40 AM
My card was accepted as they admitted that it was their fault for not updating the handicaps yesterday - and I ended up winning C-grade! A $75 voucher I think as it was Bonanza Day and I think I'll pick up 2 golf balls in the ball comp :D

Now - what to spend my voucher on - I have wet weather gear, new shoes & a new shirt (thanks to clickchic!) - any suggestions? Nothing equipment related though as everything in the bag works a treat!

Amanda........now you're just boasting!!!! :wink: ( so kidding - I'm just jealous!!! ) You could always send the voucher down to me!

3oneday
16th October 2004, 12:58 PM
2nd round of Windsor club champs, now where is last weeks post ??? :shock: quick cut and paste :wink:

15 pars, 3 bogeys, 74 :D is there a birdie in me somewhere ??? :lol:

Pete

Andrew
16th October 2004, 01:08 PM
Andrew - are they doing some course modifications?

Just fixing a the tee area.

Courty
16th October 2004, 04:42 PM
Played individual stableford today and had 80 for 38pts. I was playing off 9.6, so depending on the CCR for the day, it could be hello single figures!

Iain
16th October 2004, 04:46 PM
Played at Brooky today with Macca, G69 and Vegas. Had a good day, unfortunatley that didn't really go towards the result, I had a dismal 27points, it looked like it was going to be really ordinary with 4 points after the first 5 holes.... But I picked it up a bit to ensure Andippy's record of 17 stayed well and truely safe.... :wink:

Wasn't getting off the tee at all, hit some iron shots ok into the greens.

But I think I hit 3 fairway's, and probably not many more green's.... :shock: :oops: :cry:

I'll let the others tell you about there score, But MTB, you will be dissapointed.... :P

BrisVegas
16th October 2004, 08:45 PM
Played Brokwater with Macca, g69 and Iain today. Good company, and overall a great day out. Brooky's greens weren't too bad, just a little sandy in places and coring marks were still visible.

I had a scratchy round for 32 points (82 gross) with 11 fairways, 7 greens and 28 putts. Got off the tee ok, but had the pulls big time with the short irons. Missed a couple of tiddler putts too, which was disappointing. Hit a great shot on the par 3 5th to about 4 feet, only to miss the birdie putt. :evil:

I was a bit nervous that golfer69 was gonna put one over on me as we came to the last with him one up on me. I needn't have worried. He made a 7 a wash, after a slashing adventure in the trees down the left side. I got up and down from the left traps for a 4 a 3. :)

Thanks again Scott for buying the tee time for us! Enjoyed the day, great to see you all again. 8)
[/b]

Onewood
17th October 2004, 06:26 AM
Played single stableford for 36 PTS

Drove the ball well, hit some good iron shots and chipped well 8)

Now can someone come and putt for me :D

AndyP
17th October 2004, 08:01 AM
Andippy's record of 17 stayed well and truely safe.... :wink:

Had andiipy's 17 points covered after about 11 holes.

Great to see that I have set a target for everyone to beat, regardless of how bad they are playing. :)

Onewood
17th October 2004, 09:00 AM

Don't tell me the self acclaimed putting guru is out of sorts. :roll:

May have to convert to the great ones slice putting action :lol: :lol:

Iain
17th October 2004, 09:06 AM

Don't tell me the self acclaimed putting guru is out of sorts. :roll:

May have to convert to the great ones slice putting action :lol: :lol:
Vegas couldn't even watch some of his putts yesterday, with that wobbly takeaway..... :? It wasn't pretty to watch.... :shock:

terryand
17th October 2004, 09:47 AM
Come to think of it now my putting wows started after a game with 69 :?

Just started to putt well again then had thst game with him at Windy and yep you guessed it putting crap since then ](*,) Go figure :smt017 :smt102

Terry.

Onewood
17th October 2004, 03:16 PM
Played individual stableford today and had 80 for 38pts. I was playing off 9.6, so depending on the CCR for the day, it could be hello single figures!

Bad luck pal :cry: 38 was playing to it, no cigar :smt028 this week :D

I shot to my handicap yesterday in the wind and went out .1 :smt102 40 points was the CCR #-o

amanda
17th October 2004, 04:46 PM
Uugh - an awful finish to ladies foursomes champs - 99 net 81.5 - at least we improved by 4 shots on last week. I think collectively we hit 2 fairways - another shocking display of golf! Funny think was we played the last 4 holes -1, but sadly left our tilt for the title too late!

AndyP
18th October 2004, 08:23 AM
Keperra GC - Single Stroke
43-48-91 [+6 78]
0/13 fairways :(
7/18 GIR :)
36 putts :?
2 birdies, at least five double bogies, one quadruple bogey.

mike
19th October 2004, 03:07 PM
Played my first pennants game on the weekend. Got beat 7/5 in a real close tussle :roll:
All square after 4 holes then I lost the next 6 straight , in which he had 3 birds and 2 pars and a bogey .
The only hole I won after that, he gave me a 7 footer for the win, I think he was feeling sorry for me by then.

McMw
19th October 2004, 04:14 PM
Keperra GC - Single Stroke
43-48-91 [+6 78]
0/13 fairways :(
7/18 GIR :)
36 putts :?
2 birdies, at least five double bogies, one quadruple bogey.

0/13 fairways....OUCH!!!

sounds like a new driver might be the medicine....

but at least u did hit ur fair share of greens from the rough.. :D

AndyP
19th October 2004, 07:12 PM
0/13 fairways....OUCH!!!

sounds like a new driver might be the medicine....

but at least u did hit ur fair share of greens from the rough.. :D
Yeah, had an ordinary day with the driver, and copped a few penalty strokes as a result.

Don't need a new driver, just need to use it properly. :roll:

Courty
19th October 2004, 08:40 PM
Played my first pennants game on the weekend. Got beat 7/5 in a real close tussle :roll:
All square after 4 holes then I lost the next 6 straight , in which he had 3 birds and 2 pars and a bogey .
The only hole I won after that, he gave me a 7 footer for the win, I think he was feeling sorry for me by then.

That's a real shame, Mike. I take it from that result that you haven't been playing much lately. We should catch up for a game soon. With the wet season approaching, JD and I will be looking to play in Mareeba where it is drier.

Onewood
19th October 2004, 08:51 PM

Score dosn't matter mate :wink: its just good to see you back on the course :D

mike
19th October 2004, 09:13 PM
Yeh, thanks courty and kev. Believe it or not I played pretty good but the old bugger was way too good around the greens. Two of his birds were chip-ins when I was on in regulation.

I had the last laugh. I let his car tyres down and set fire to his letter box.

Onewood
19th October 2004, 09:24 PM
the old bugger was way too good around the greens. Two of his birds were chip-ins when I was on in regulation.

I had the last laugh. I let his car tyres down and set fire to his letter box.

:lol: :lol: :lol: way to go :lol: :lol: :lol: that'll teach him not to beat an Ozgolfer :D