PDA

View Full Version : iWedge or Tour-W?

goughy
29th December 2007, 10:36 AM
I'm gonna get one of these in 56*? But I don't know which and I'm unlikely to get the chance to try one. Anyone ever played either?

The iwedge looks uglyish compared to the tour-w, but I read that it's stupid easy to use and great out of the sand. The sole is 'spose to be modeled on the eye2 wedges, which were considered great!

The tour-w would be my preference having not hit either. But it's fairly new and I don't know much about it yet. Looks a lot nicer though.

I am also looking at wrx grinds on them, but the iwedge can only have 2 of the grinds on them, neither of which I was looking at. I was thinking of getting the T grind as it's gonna be my all purpose wedge, benching 2 others.

Also, the tour-w is the only one available in 56*10* which I was thinking of, although I don't know if the grinds would make the 56*14* better. It's also the only one that comes in black nickel chrome.

Any opinions?

ps. I was thinking that I could just search for a 56* eye2 to try, but I'd still end up wanting a new one and I don't see the point wasting 50 or 70bucks first.

rick3003
29th December 2007, 07:27 PM
If you want some extra spin go for the new Tour W Wedge. Got a nice milled face and a mate reckons they are up there with the Spin Milled Vokeys.

goughy
29th December 2007, 08:19 PM
I'm not really concerned with spin. I prefer things to run out. That I can control. But whether I put enough spin, too much, no spin I just can't control.

But I've answered my own question. Got to a store today that had the iwedge and the original tour wedge in 56*. Both are ok for me when sitting square, but when opened up (up to 45* open) there leading edge is a mile off the ground. This is why I wanted the T grind, and the iwedge can't have the T grind. But the tour-w will.

Does anyone know what the story is with the black nickel chrome? do they grind them afterwards so that all the bnc finish is gone from the ground spots, or is that usually fixed up? And is 10* more versatile than 14* or with the grinding should I just stick with the 14*? what colour underwear should I wear for golf?

I can't wait to order one from my club! They were freaked out enough when I ordered my tour60* and gave them a list of specs, and this one will be even further spec'ed. Heck, I'm even gonna ask for white paint fill if possible!

goughy
3rd January 2008, 04:28 PM
Gonna get a tour-w 56*10* with T grind. Pretty happy with the price my proshop gave me. Will see how the black nickel chrome holds up after wrx has got at it...

Rusty
5th January 2008, 07:49 AM
what colour underwear should I wear for golf?

easy - orange