PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Onny
28th December 2007, 02:27 PM
Hi everybody,

Hope everyone had a good and restful Christmas break. Just joined this website today and thought of posting a quick message to introduce myself.

I've Sydney based and a very keen golfer. Play almost once a week, but unfortunately my score doesn't reflect how much I play. :cry: But what the heck, I still enjoy it heaps.

Over the break, I played at Eden, Catalina and Mollymook Hill Top. All of these golf courses are brilliant in my opinion and the golf pros are tops too.

I have in my bag a Top Filte Magna Driver, 3 & 5 Wood, Maxfli 3 Hybrid, 4-9 Iron, PW, SW, LW and a Brosnan Putter.

Cherio,
Onny.

Grunt
28th December 2007, 02:35 PM
Welcome Onny

Where in Sydney do you normally play?

Onny
28th December 2007, 02:39 PM
G'day Grunt,

I play anywhere I can, which ranges from Nth Ryde to Lane Cove... Riverside Oaks (not too often) to Glenmore Herritage.. So pretty much anywhere. With daylight saving, I get to squeeze in a round with my colleagues down at Nth Ryde every Wednesday.

What about yourself?

Onny.

Grunt
28th December 2007, 02:45 PM
As a shift worker play open days all over the place through the week. Ocassional weekend game but not as often. I am in the South West so most games are out this way.

You a member anywhere?

Onny
28th December 2007, 02:51 PM
Well that's the advantage of doing shift work... being able to play on open days, comps and etc...

Ever played in Cabramatta? A friend of mine plays in their comp every Tues/Wed...

I'm a member of Riverside Oaks as they charge almost nothing there to park my AGU and have to play there at least 3 times a year.

markTHEblake
28th December 2007, 02:51 PM
is there a sudden influx of southerners this xmas or is it just my imagination?

Grunt
28th December 2007, 02:54 PM
Yeah I have played there in their Wednesday Comp.
Have courses softened up with the Riverside Oaks Membership? I know Liverpool were charging more for Riverside Oaks and Golf Access members to play in the open days. I am a country member of Bathurst.

3oneday
28th December 2007, 02:55 PM
is there a sudden influx of southerners this xmas or is it just my imagination?your imagination, but I can't see a takeover bid just yet ;)

Welcome Onny :)

Onny
28th December 2007, 03:09 PM
your imagination, but I can't see a takeover bid just yet ;)

Welcome Onny :)

A takeover bid? Hardly! :lol:

Thank you guys very much for your warm and friendly greetings.

Please forgive me as English is not my first language. As for the softening up of Riverside Oaks I would presume you're referring to them making the course easier.... Well for me the course is still quite long and tough, because I'm just a hacker. If you're referring to over crowding then not really BUT having said that, I had a 6 hours round there a month ago. That is due to total amateurs hacking around.

I'll be volunteering for the NSW PGA this year again. It was quite a lot of fun following the players around the course. Just amazes me how long the ball stays in the air...

markTHEblake
28th December 2007, 03:22 PM
Please forgive me as English is not my first language.

Same goes for a few around here, some i dont even know what there first language is (dont think they know either)

amanda
28th December 2007, 04:16 PM
Hey Onny! Welcome to ozgolf :)

My hubby Brad and I are Bathurst members residing in Sydney also :) But not playing too often at the moment with study (I'm a PhD student) and building a house (hopefully) next year.

What Grunt meant about "softening" in regards to R.O. members - a lot of golf clubs resent the Riverside model of membership. As a result, some clubs charge Riverside Oaks members more to play in open comps.

I agree about long rounds at R.O. we only play out there if we are in the first few groups of the day.

Courty
28th December 2007, 05:42 PM
Hi Onny & welcome. Maybe there are now enough NSW based forum members to resurrect an OZgolf day or two. 8)

Grunt
28th December 2007, 05:49 PM
Maybe there are now enough NSW based forum members to resurrect an OZgolf day or two. 8)

Maybe, but only a just maybe ;)

Onny
28th December 2007, 07:23 PM
I've got a few golfing frends here in Syd, so maybe we could organise a NSW OZgolf day or two.

AndyP
28th December 2007, 09:36 PM
Welcome to the forum, Onny. I couldn't pick that English wasn't your first language from your posts.

Over the break, I played at Eden, Catalina and Mollymook Hill Top. I played the latter two when my parents lived in Bateman's Bay and enjoyed them both. Narooma is even better.

Onny
29th December 2007, 04:19 PM
Well I have no problems with the language actually, but it's the slang that catches me most of the time.

Was recommended to play Narooma but had Catalina and Mollymook booked in advance. Guess this gives me another reason to go back...

Bruce
29th December 2007, 05:01 PM
Play Narooma. It was the catalyst for my golfing epiphany.

Onny
4th January 2008, 08:49 PM
Well my epiphany was at Eden... Shot 25 over... (I think par was 70/71) which was my first time breaking 100. :-)

Fishman Dan
5th January 2008, 10:07 AM
G'day Onny. If you're playing Nth Ryde and Lane Cove your probably around the same neck of the woods, although I resist the temptation to play Lane Cove :lol:

Riverside is a good way to get a leg in, but do they still have a requirement to play there 3 times a year to maintain it?