Playing National Moonah next month.

175 bucks.

Is it worth it ?

Flowergirl
26th December 2007, 11:33 PM
Playing National Moonah next month.

175 bucks.

Is it worth it ?

Nope. But then I don't think any course is worth that. I've played the National - both Moonah and Ocean and yes they are great courses - but $175!!!!!!!!! But then again it's only money - and that's what we work hard for. Just hope that the weather is kind to you the day you play there cos it can blow a gail out there. Shame it's during the busy time cos a friend of mine is a course marshall out there and can get us on cheap - but not during the holiday period.
Enjoy your round.:smt023

mike
26th December 2007, 11:43 PM
Playing The Dunes for about $60 and Moonah Legends for $75 . Is The National that much better? I like golf but not that much.

Andrew
27th December 2007, 07:54 AM
I love National Moonah. Is it worth $175, well that is up to you. It is a better course than Legend & Dunes & the best of the 3 courses at The National (just in front of Old & well in front of Ocean), but it really depends what you are in to. It can also be brutal on certain days, so it’s not always a course you will immediately consider fun, but on reflection will probably appreciate the experience.

I understand why you feel a bit tentative. I spent twice as much when I played Pebble Beach & was greatly disappointed. In saying that, I’ve also spent a few hundred dollars on courses that I love & been happy to pay the amount.

$175 (if you don’t know a member) makes it the cheapest ‘private’ Top 10 course, so it’s probably not bad value.

mike
27th December 2007, 12:07 PM
I think I'm gonna cancel.

Dunes and Moonah Links are probably better than anything I'll play up here anyway. That will do me.

Webster
27th December 2007, 02:09 PM
It's worth paying that to play it once. The members guest rates are about $85 anyway so it is not that much of a rip off.

Courty
27th December 2007, 04:04 PM
Dunes and Moonah Links are probably better than anything I'll play up here anyway. That will do me.

Better than Gordonvale? :shock: :-k

shavey
27th December 2007, 08:13 PM
It's worth a crack if you can get it cheaper as the whole facility is quite impressive..

The Dunes and Moonah are nice.. check-out Portsea if it's not under repair with all the changes that have been mentioned here previously

AndyP
28th December 2007, 08:49 PM
I was lucky enough to play National Ocean and Old several years ago at a low cost to myself. Playing the National Old course was one of my better golf experiences. Fantastic course.

That said, $175 for a round of golf is too much for me at this stage.

Moe Norman
4th January 2008, 02:41 PM
If you're looking for a third game and don't want to pay big $, try Portsea or St. andrew's Beach.

Or head up the road and play Ranfurlie