PDA

View Full Version : Membership in brisbane

kristofor
26th December 2007, 05:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking for a club to join as a member so I can start playing more regularly and get myself a handicap.

I am on the southside of Brisbane at Sunnybank hills. I want to make sure I get myself into a decent course. Can't play saturdays so anywhere with a 6 day or intermediate membership at a decent price would be good. I also want to be at a course that has managed to remain in pretty decent condition throughout the drought.

My closest club would be oxley however most people have said it's been struggling pretty badly. I must admit last time I played there last year it certainly was not as good as other courses. My uncle recommended carbrook, however it is probably a little far away. Pacific looks like a good option, and also Gailes. Brisbane would also be a good choice however the nomination fees are probably out of my budget for a few months. Any clubs however that play comps on Fridays would be great as It's my day off.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,
Kris

gazgolf1
26th December 2007, 06:21 PM
Nudgee is good,yeah you are right Oxley sux....overpriced for what you get.

Jarro
26th December 2007, 06:38 PM
Gailes would be a good option if it's relatively close to you ... i think i'd prefer to be a member there rather than at Pacific ;)

kristofor
26th December 2007, 06:44 PM
Gailes would be a good option if it's relatively close to you ... i think i'd prefer to be a member there rather than at Pacific ;)

I am still yet to have a game at Gailes but I will probably head over there in the next week and check it out. It seems to be getting some really good reviews.

Pacific I was turned off by a little because of them having so many members, however I do quite like their layout. The greens always seem to be pretty good.

AndyP
26th December 2007, 10:23 PM
What are you looking for in membership, kristofor? A regular game at the same club week in, week out? Or do you just want a handicap and the option of playing different golf courses all the time.

If the former, Gailes would probably be good for you. Most of us don't seem to have issues with it. If I was looking for a full membership, that would probably be my first stop.

If the latter, you'll find that several of us on the forum have $140 Mega memberships at Robina Woods, where our handicaps are maintained, and we rely on open comps around Brisbane all the time. There are many open comps in the greater area and are good if you aren't too fussy about the time of the comp. Check this thread out for open comps: http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=473
Plenty on Fridays and Sundays.

kristofor
27th December 2007, 05:54 PM
What are you looking for in membership, kristofor? A regular game at the same club week in, week out? Or do you just want a handicap and the option of playing different golf courses all the time.

If the former, Gailes would probably be good for you. Most of us don't seem to have issues with it. If I was looking for a full membership, that would probably be my first stop.

If the latter, you'll find that several of us on the forum have $140 Mega memberships at Robina Woods, where our handicaps are maintained, and we rely on open comps around Brisbane all the time. There are many open comps in the greater area and are good if you aren't too fussy about the time of the comp. Check this thread out for open comps: http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=473
Plenty on Fridays and Sundays.

Basically I am looking to get my handicap. I have a few friends I play with a fair bit and have struggled to convince them to join a club but they might also be keen on the Mega Membership. I hadn't really thought about that option before today. However that sounds like a pretty good deal.

I didn't realise there were so many comps on friday's and Sunday's. Sounds like the Mega Membership will be pretty good for me.

goughy
27th December 2007, 06:52 PM
If you can't get golf on saturdays, then the mega's would be great. Opens the doors to get onto plenty of courses at their open day prices.

Just look and andyp's golflink rounds for the last year or 2. Tons of games all on open days.

markTHEblake
27th December 2007, 07:35 PM
Mega Membership is fine if you already have a handicap but as you need one, it is going to be a fairly expensive way of getting a handicap. Minimum of 3 rounds to be played there.

I'd suggest joining the one at Logan, that should include 3 free games of golf there. then the following year join the colonial/robina one if it really tickles your fancy.

its called Golfers Plus, you can get it from them, or direct at Logan GC
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1673

phoeno
27th December 2007, 10:16 PM
Kristo, Ring me tomorrow on 3299 6467 after 9am in the office at Logan City GC.

poidda
28th December 2007, 07:26 AM
Mega Membership is fine if you already have a handicap but as you need one, it is going to be a fairly expensive way of getting a handicap. Minimum of 3 rounds to be played there.

This is wrong. They would like you to play 3 rounds there, but you don't have to. Nuttedit got his handicap last week playing only one game there. The rest were social games anywhere.

markTHEblake
28th December 2007, 09:22 AM
Shame on Robina/Colonial for debauchering the AGU handicap rules then :-)

kristofor
28th December 2007, 03:47 PM
This is wrong. They would like you to play 3 rounds there, but you don't have to. Nuttedit got his handicap last week playing only one game there. The rest were social games anywhere.

If thats the case then I think the Mega Membership will be the go.

phoeno
28th December 2007, 08:33 PM
Actually Blakey, Logan's Golfers Plus pack includes three free games here. Whether you use them or not is up to you. But they are FOC and an easy way to get your handicap on an easy course.

markTHEblake
28th December 2007, 08:35 PM
Actually Blakey, Logan's Golfers Plus pack includes three free games here. .

Thats what i said. :wink: and why I recommended it.

kristofor
29th December 2007, 11:35 PM
Actually Blakey, Logan's Golfers Plus pack includes three free games here. Whether you use them or not is up to you. But they are FOC and an easy way to get your handicap on an easy course.

The application form indicated that the cards had to be turned in at the same point as the registration... is that the case? would this mean that for the logan one you couldn't use the free games for handicap purposes because you already had gotten enough cards for handicap??

phoeno
30th December 2007, 09:28 AM
You can hand in your cards from anywhere to get your handicap. We had a guy last month hand in 3 from Wantima. All of them over 120 !

Use your free games when ever you like during the year. :)

peter_rs
30th December 2007, 04:10 PM
You can hand in your cards from anywhere to get your handicap.

I would assume you would need a agu member to sign as the marker and list there golflink.

Grunt
30th December 2007, 06:02 PM
Dont need to be in Comp Pete. Just have to be signed by an AGU member. I think you cant get a full AGU handicap until you have put 5 cards in total and have 3 at your home club. You may be able to get a home club handicap with only 3 cards though.

kristofor
30th December 2007, 06:24 PM
Definitely I would need to get them signed by an agu member. Hopefully I can find enough people to go around with me 5 times. I know I have a round up at Hyatt regency coolum, so that's one card. Then will just need to find people to go round with for the other 4.

goughy
30th December 2007, 06:50 PM
While many of the games organised here are during comp rounds, there will be some social ones. And on some of the open days they'll let a social player play in a group with 3 in the comp.

Actually, if you've joined a club and are handing in handicap cards, you should be able to play in any of the open comps. You just aren't eligible to win prizes etc.

So have a look in the 1st tee and you should have no problems joining in with a game!

BrisVegas
31st December 2007, 07:44 AM
Anyone know roughly what the various Brisbane clubs are charging for membership these days? ie. Gailes, Oxley, Nudgee, Pacific, Keperra, Virginia, Redcliffe etc... the middle of the road ones, not the fancy schmancy ones like RQ, Indro and Brisbane.

gazgolf1
31st December 2007, 08:01 AM
When I left Oxley about 3 yrs ago they were charging nearly $1100 a year for a full member = ripoff.

kristofor
31st December 2007, 08:07 AM
most of the prices are on the websites I think.

Pacific was just over 1000, for 2007 so I assume similar for 2008.

Oxley is $1150.

Nudgee is about $750.

Virginia is $940.

Carbrook is around $870.

Not so sure on the others.

BrisVegas
31st December 2007, 08:09 AM
Thanks guys. Nudgee is cheap still! It was $600 10 years ago. Can't believe Oxley charges $1150.

kristofor
31st December 2007, 08:18 AM
Oxley is way too expensive considering the quality of the course through the drought.

just
31st December 2007, 08:39 AM
Vegas
Redcliffe is about $800 per year although the noms were slightly cheaper than Nudgee's.
The two cheapest options in Brisbane (apart from a mega membership) would probably be Sandgate and Nudgee College, no noms and about $400 per year. Sure they are 9 holes and nothing to write home about but it gives you a Brisbane home and you can play in their comps/club champs etc.
Just

gazgolf1
31st December 2007, 08:50 AM
Oxley is way too expensive considering the quality of the course through the drought.

and sheet night.

markTHEblake
31st December 2007, 12:29 PM
you dont need to find anyone. just put your name down in the club competitions time sheet.

damoocow
31st December 2007, 01:07 PM
most of the prices are on the websites I think.

Pacific was just over 1000, for 2007 so I assume similar for 2008.

Oxley is $1150.

Nudgee is about $750.

Virginia is $940.

Carbrook is around $870.

Not so sure on the others.

7 day Keperra is $1140 - which although dearer than the others reflects the quality and variety of the course

damoocow

peter_rs
31st December 2007, 03:46 PM
Dont need to be in Comp Pete. Just have to be signed by an AGU member.

I never said in comp.... and there is no such thing as a home club hcp in qld (that I have seen).

I think you cant get a full AGU handicap until you have put 5 cards in total and have 3 at your home club. You may be able to get a home club handicap with only 3 cards though.

true but most clubs are happy with 3 these days.

markTHEblake
31st December 2007, 04:49 PM
I never said in comp.... and there is no such thing as a home club hcp in qld (that I have seen)

there is hundreds of them! best example is those on + handicaps, that play off scratch (or 1?) everywhere else.

home club handicaps are a feature of golf link, in the pre golf link days they were denoted by a Red mark on the handicap board, and there are quite a few examples of home club handicaps, higher ones, lapsed, medical conditions and even left (or opposite) handed handicaps.

kristofor
1st January 2008, 08:01 AM
7 day Keperra is $1140 - which although dearer than the others reflects the quality and variety of the course

damoocow

I just can't believe that Oxley charges more than keperra.

Although I guess now Oxley's dams are full and they are actually able to water some stuff it might improve the course. It's already looking a little greener.

For me though It works out ok for membership because I am intermediate at most of the courses but, for full members oxley is too expensive compared to the others especially until the greens and fairways are in excellent condition all the time.

BrisVegas
1st January 2008, 10:15 AM
assuming all courses were in great nic, Oxley would still be too overcrowded to consider.

kristofor
1st January 2008, 08:09 PM
assuming all courses were in great nic, Oxley would still be too overcrowded to consider.

I wonder what their numbers compare like to pacific... I assume they would both fit into the heavily crowded category. However Oxley is probably worse than pacific for crowdedness.

I'll probably go with either Mega Membership or that Logan membership,

However still playing with the idea of actually becoming a full member somewhere. The idea of being able to go down and play golf anytime is a good one. Especially seeing I have 2 half days I could play 9 or 18 holes in the arvo on, and generally get out fridays anyway.

goughy
1st January 2008, 08:16 PM
I think it comes down to what you think your usage will be. If sundays were gonna be it, the the mega's would be ok.

But if you want to use practice facilities, be able to sneak out for the odd 9 holes etc then you have to go for a club membership.

kristofor
3rd January 2008, 05:59 AM
Ok well I think Mega will probably be the go. I think ill look at joining a club as a full member later in the year depending on how much i end up playing. Work wants to put me on full time so I may not have as much time.

dc68
3rd January 2008, 08:36 AM
I wonder what their numbers compare like to Pacific... I assume they would both fit into the heavily crowded category.

Where do people get the idea Pacific is over crowded from? FFS I have never missed a game when I wanted one. I may not get to play with the people I want to every week but who cares? I have also never heard of anyone missing out when they wanted a game.

My 2c.

PeteyD
3rd January 2008, 08:44 AM
that's cos they are scared you'll sit on em dave ;) hehe

poidda
3rd January 2008, 08:56 AM
Where do people get the idea Pacific is over crowded from? FFS I have never missed a game when I wanted one. I may not get to play with the people I want to every week but who cares? I have also never heard of anyone missing out when they wanted a game.

My 2c.

Isn't there a draw on the previous Friday night for the Saturday comp and you have to be present to claim your tee? I know I would hardly ever be there on a Friday night.

rocket
3rd January 2008, 09:27 AM
I was of the understanding that there was a draw or something similar as well for Saturday comps at Pacific. My money would be on Gailes being the best value in Brisbane. Challenging course and always in pretty good nick.

gazgolf1
3rd January 2008, 09:29 AM
Isn't there a draw on the previous Friday night for the Saturday comp and you have to be present to claim your tee? I know I would hardly ever be there on a Friday night.

That was the problem at Oxley,we had (all four members of our group)to rock up on a Friday night once a month,pick a number and sit there for sometimes 2 hours to get the time we wanted for the next 4 weeks.Some nights by the time one of our numbers got pulled from the hat there were no times left and we went on the back of the sheet. :mad:
I was paying $1100 for that!!!
Give Oxley the big swerve.

Jarro
3rd January 2008, 10:06 AM
Redcliffe does this also, and it's very hard to get on Saturday :(

kristofor
3rd January 2008, 10:44 AM

My 2c.

Thanks for that. Pacific is still on my list of courses because of the price for intermediate members, and it's reasonaby close. Then again so is Oxley, but from what everyone has been saying Oxley might be well off the list.

Does anyone know what the fees are for intermediate, or student members at Gailes?

BrisVegas
3rd January 2008, 12:25 PM
billybaub works there, he should know.

Moe Norman
4th January 2008, 02:29 PM
Oxley now looks to be in great nick, but the sheetnight is a complete joke.

If I was a member there I'd record all the occasions I wasn't able to play on Saturday when I wanted to and then ask for a pro-rata discount from by subs.

goughy
4th January 2008, 02:38 PM
Man, all those troubles to get a saturday round. I wanted to play tomorrow morning, just went down and found a liquid papered out spot on the sheet.

City's is released the friday fortnight in advance at 6pm. But I've never missed a game near the time I want ever.

PeteyD
4th January 2008, 02:45 PM
Redland Bay is similar, although they keep the Saturday sheets in the office and you have to phone in and go on a waiting list, I have never failed to get a spot when I wanted one.

Andrew
4th January 2008, 02:50 PM
Quite a few Sydney courses have ballot systems & are pretty full on a Saturday, but are no worse than what you are describing at Oxley.

Where as, Newcastle GC time for tomorrow has 4 complete tee times vacant & 12 other spare spots. In other words, 28 spots available for tomorrow. And the city of Newcastle is not that much smaller than Brisbane.

poidda
4th January 2008, 02:59 PM
Quite a few Sydney courses have ballot systems & are pretty full on a Saturday, but are no worse than what you are describing at Oxley.

Where as, Newcastle GC time for tomorrow has 4 complete tee times vacant & 12 other spare spots. In other words, 28 spots available for tomorrow. And the city of Newcastle is not that much smaller than Brisbane.

hmmm, it's a little smaller.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Australia_by_population

Well 18 months it was at least.

Andrew
4th January 2008, 03:19 PM
Poidda,

The problem with those figures, apart from the fact they are from Wikipedia, is that they don't include the cities of Maitland, Cessnock or Lake Macquarie. I will concede that would leave Newcastle at 1/3 the size of Brisbane.

The ratio of golf courses to population would still be similar. Being that Brisbane is also about 1/3 the size of Sydney & Oxley's system would be as bad as it gets in Sydney, I would think Oxley members should be asking questions.

kristofor
4th January 2008, 03:35 PM
Are the problems with courses like oxley only associated with the saturday comps?????? I don't play Saturday's ever so it won't ever worry me. $327 for me to join at oxley with no nom fee. Seems quite cheap to me. Pacific would still be after the nom fee. I guess I would only need to play the course maybe 7 times for it to be the same as getting a mega membership.

Also wikipedia is arguably a very accurate resource. What says the stuff you get out of an encyclopedia is accurate anyway?

Actually just had a bit of a look. I could join over at ashgrove for $161. I know the course hasn't been great condition, but figure that should be cheap enough and close to my work if I ever want to go have a game after my half days.

poidda
4th January 2008, 03:54 PM
Poidda,

The problem with those figures, apart from the fact they are from Wikipedia, is that they don't include the cities of Maitland, Cessnock or Lake Macquarie. I will concede that would leave Newcastle at 1/3 the size of Brisbane.

The ratio of golf courses to population would still be similar. Being that Brisbane is also about 1/3 the size of Sydney & Oxley's system would be as bad as it gets in Sydney, I would think Oxley members should be asking questions.

Yeah I realise that Andrew. Wiki is just a guide, and should be used just like any other book. Brisbane's total also doesn't include the Sunny and Gold Coasts so there's another 3/4 Million.

Andrew
4th January 2008, 04:58 PM
Also wikipedia is arguably a very accurate resource. What says the stuff you get out of an encyclopedia is accurate anyway?

I have inserted 12 items in Wikipedia that are totally false. These range from reasonably important to insignificant. They were inserted last March & as yet have not been picked up by the Wiki forum, even though I questioned one myself to see the response.

This is an anthropological study through a particular American university that involves another 143 people. It was due to be written up in a paper this month.

kristofor
4th January 2008, 05:02 PM
true stuff gets in that is false and does get missed. However i think on the whole the information is reasonably accurate.

Andrew
4th January 2008, 05:10 PM
All in all it’s pretty good. The study is in regard to new forms of information media & its reliability. It’s acknowledged that the internet is & will provide information services for more people than traditional sources. The concern is whether they are reliable or merely relative to a particular genre of society.

Wiki stacks up quite well, but there are accountability issues that need to be tested. Of course, the same could be said about a media corporation owned by one person, like Fox.

kristofor
4th January 2008, 06:47 PM
sounds like it will be an interesting study. Certainly there have been some major internet sources that get information wrong, then again there are a lot that get most correct.

I know universities have been struggling to figure out what they should accept as valid sources.

Moe Norman
4th January 2008, 07:07 PM
Are the problems with courses like oxley only associated with the saturday comps?????? I don't play Saturday's ever so it won't ever worry me. $327 for me to join at oxley with no nom fee. Seems quite cheap to me. Pacific would still be after the nom fee. I guess I would only need to play the course maybe 7 times for it to be the same as getting a mega membership.

Actually just had a bit of a look. I could join over at ashgrove for $161. I know the course hasn't been great condition, but figure that should be cheap enough and close to my work if I ever want to go have a game after my half days.thats a pretty good point mate.

Oxley is fine if you want to play any day other than Saturday, and is looking in mint condition when I drive past at the moment, and the massive new dam is now full.

If you can do a deal there and you don't play Saturday's - I reckon it becomes a good option.

perci
4th January 2008, 07:38 PM
At $327 with no noms its well worth giving it a a go for a year.

AndyP
5th January 2008, 09:45 AM
I don't know if it will be painful for you, but I wouldn't want to play a Sunday comp every week between 11 and 1.

gazgolf1
5th January 2008, 10:28 AM
I don't know if it will be painful for you, but I wouldn't want to play a Sunday comp every week between 11 and 1.

Thats right Pdiddy its social club city on Sunday mornings at Oxley.

kristofor
5th January 2008, 07:31 PM
i don't know that I would be playing comps there all the time.

I would still be wanting to get around to other courses for open comps etc. As I said it's only like playing 7 games on top of the mega membership which I would probably end up doing anyway. Except I then have the flexibility to go have 9 or 18 holes whenever I want. Seems like it will be a decent option for the price. Pacific would be good as well. A little more expensive but I really enjoy pacific as a course.

AndyP
5th January 2008, 08:10 PM
Do you have to pay a comp fee as a member at Oxley? And if so, have you countered that into your calculations?

I'm not sure where your figure of 7 rounds is coming from if an open comp at pOxley GC is $20.

kristofor
5th January 2008, 09:51 PM
I am still checking into all of that. Don't most places charge a few dollars to members for comp fees.

I just mean social rounds not necessarily comp rounds. E.g Oxley is $30 on sunday for 18 social. If they charge too much for the comp fees for members at oxley or pacific then I will go straight for the Mega Membership. I already have the form filled out for the mega membership. just want to make sure that it's not a better option for me to join as a full member somewhere for the first year.

goughy
6th January 2008, 08:24 AM
I'd be disappointed if they charged more than $10bucks for members to play in their own comps!

Moe Norman
6th January 2008, 08:34 AM
i think it was $8 when I was there.

lasted 3 months and asked for my subs/noms back because I couldn't get a Saturday game.

kristofor
6th January 2008, 10:16 AM
I think you get to use the tennis courts etc as well. 1500 a year and I think thats transferrable as well, it's a very good price for what you get.

kristofor
6th January 2008, 05:58 PM
Your absolutely right though in saying it would be a no brainer.

If I lived out on the north side I would go straight for that.

kristofor
7th January 2008, 05:37 PM
Ok well spoke to pacific about their memberships today. Seems pretty similar to oxley.

Oxley pro-rata rate is $327 till september.
Pacific pro-rata is about $260ish to end of june, no noms at the moment.

Now the question becomes which is better to play on. I am leaning to pacific after all the comments.

gazgolf1
7th January 2008, 06:49 PM
Pacific shitZ on Poxley !

Puckin oath.

kristofor
7th January 2008, 06:52 PM
Pacific shitZ on Poxley !

I most probably will go with pacific. I certainly like the course much more.

Moe Norman
7th January 2008, 07:04 PM
pacific is a better course that Oxley and has the added bonus of DC68 as a fellow member

dc68
8th January 2008, 08:38 AM
pacific is a better course that Oxley and has the added bonus of DC68 as a fellow member

:-s

Kris if you need someone to sign the forms for you shoot me a PM.

PeteyD
8th January 2008, 08:43 AM

Can't have everything being good I suppose ;)

dc68
8th January 2008, 09:38 AM
Kiss it.

PeteyD
8th January 2008, 09:43 AM
Mate, like all of us at the champs I have had the misfortune of seeing it. Kissing it definately aint a possibility.

Eag's
8th January 2008, 09:59 AM
Mate, like all of us at the champs I have had the misfortune of seeing it. Kissing it definately aint a possibility.

:smt108 :-&

dc68
8th January 2008, 10:33 AM
No, that was yours in the final, dickwit.

kristofor
8th January 2008, 10:43 AM
:-s

Kris if you need someone to sign the forms for you shoot me a PM.

Thanks, I think they said I won't need anyone. However if they change their mind I will let you know.

dc68
8th January 2008, 12:01 PM
I took the clown to 17...

And I am still ****ed if I know how you did it!!!!!

AndyP
8th January 2008, 12:03 PM
It's not like he's undefeated.

BrisVegas
8th January 2008, 12:10 PM
I was lulling him into a false sense of security.
I still reckon 2 more cans of rum and I woulda got him.
2 more cans and i'd have giggled myself into a coma. :shock:

PeteyD
8th January 2008, 12:57 PM
Indeed, but BV got the Rum ratio just right. Now to stop him barking like a dog ...

goughy
8th January 2008, 06:31 PM

I should get Courty to make a banner out of the pic Leah got!

Jarro
8th January 2008, 06:37 PM

Yes .. do it !! We need new banners urgently !!!!!!!!!!

markTHEblake
8th January 2008, 06:43 PM
It's not like he's undefeated.

good point, you would think that the winner would have to have won more games than the runner up.

Right of challenge ?

like in the old days of the AFL, if the Minor Premier lost the grand final, they had the right to challenge for a rematch.you

markTHEblake
8th January 2008, 06:44 PM

nobody has a screen wide enough.

BrisVegas
8th January 2008, 07:01 PM
good point, you would think that the winner would have to have won more games than the runner up.

Right of challenge ?

like in the old days of the AFL, if the Minor Premier lost the grand final, they had the right to challenge for a rematch.you

I'm up for a rematch at Kooralbyn Valley any time.

lucky
8th January 2008, 07:32 PM
i don't know that I would be playing comps there all the time.

I would still be wanting to get around to other courses for open comps etc. As I said it's only like playing 7 games on top of the mega membership which I would probably end up doing anyway. Except I then have the flexibility to go have 9 or 18 holes whenever I want. Seems like it will be a decent option for the price. Pacific would be good as well. A little more expensive but I really enjoy pacific as a course.

Pacific is great to place to learn how to "really" play the game as course management is vital and the course is a challenge every time you play. Comp fees are 8.80 plus 1.20 if you choose to go in the pro pin. It does have a lot of people on the course but it is never a problem to get a game in any of the comps but it is a pain in the butt if you want to duck out for a quick 9 holes after work - there is no such thing as a quick game or hit there and that is the only downfall.

AndyP
8th January 2008, 07:36 PM
good point, you would think that the winner would have to have won more games than the runner up.I played the same amount of matches as both the winner and runner up and lost the same amount of times. :roll:

BrisVegas
8th January 2008, 08:28 PM
I played the same amount of matches as both the winner and runner up and lost the same amount of times. :roll:

who did you lose to? was it rusty?

AndyP
8th January 2008, 08:31 PM
Yep, I lost to him in our second match which was at Beerwah. He shot a nett 8 under playing off 15.

BrisVegas
8th January 2008, 08:32 PM
Yep, I lost to him in our second match which was at Beerwah. He shot a nett 8 under playing off 15.

geez, you got screwed. no wonder you're so bitter. :(

AndyP
8th January 2008, 08:34 PM
I won't mention that his mum was there, oops, too late. :lol:

kristofor
11th January 2008, 02:55 PM
Ok Guys,

Well I went down today and signed up as a member at pacific!

Now to go about the task of getting my handicap.

Thanks for all the help

BrisVegas
11th January 2008, 03:39 PM
congrats! top course, I've always liked Pacific.

goughy
11th January 2008, 03:42 PM
congrats! top course, I've always liked Pacific.

Yeah, we know ;)

Oh, you mean the course, not the staff!! :lol::lol:

Well done kris. Now to play some games!

kristofor
11th January 2008, 03:51 PM
Yeah, we know ;)

Oh, you mean the course, not the staff!! :lol::lol:

Well done kris. Now to play some games!

Indeed, Playing a social game on monday at pacific. None of the guys playing are members anywhere so can't use it for getting my handicap but still will be a great game.

dc68
11th January 2008, 04:18 PM
Welcome to Pacific mate. As I said before if you want a hit on a Sunday shoot me a PM.

kristofor
11th January 2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks, ill take you up on that.

PeteyD
11th January 2008, 09:20 PM
Just shoot him and do us all a favour ;)

kristofor
11th January 2008, 09:35 PM
Dont you have the Tazer?

PeteyD
11th January 2008, 09:36 PM
No just a strange obsession with the word

kristofor
11th January 2008, 09:38 PM
Figured that :) It does sound a little electrifying...of course its not really electricity....that would be illegal :P

lucky
12th January 2008, 06:16 PM
Welcome to Pacific Kristofor you will enjoy the course and everyone is very friendly. Let me know if you want to have a hit. You should be able to log on soon to the bookings site and book games over the net, so just throw your name down with us when you want to. Cheers Phil Somerfield

kristofor
12th January 2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks. i checked my log in yesterday and all appeared to be working, so Ill put my name down for a game sometime.

PeteyD
14th January 2008, 03:34 PM
that is cheap.

dc68
14th January 2008, 03:54 PM
So is 69er.

Jarro
14th January 2008, 07:07 PM
Fine if you live nearby maybe :roll:

Diggaboy1
4th February 2008, 01:17 PM
I'm a member of Oxley and yes it did struggle during the drought but now it is almost back to its best. The greens are all good and the fairway are great. Concidering what membership costs I think it is very good value for money. And they have comps every friday. The club is quite financial at the moment so that have been spending money upgrading the facilities around the course and tidying up the damage caused by the drought.

For around $1100 per year how can you go wrong.

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking for a club to join as a member so I can start playing more regularly and get myself a handicap.

I am on the southside of Brisbane at Sunnybank hills. I want to make sure I get myself into a decent course. Can't play saturdays so anywhere with a 6 day or intermediate membership at a decent price would be good. I also want to be at a course that has managed to remain in pretty decent condition throughout the drought.

My closest club would be oxley however most people have said it's been struggling pretty badly. I must admit last time I played there last year it certainly was not as good as other courses. My uncle recommended carbrook, however it is probably a little far away. Pacific looks like a good option, and also Gailes. Brisbane would also be a good choice however the nomination fees are probably out of my budget for a few months. Any clubs however that play comps on Fridays would be great as It's my day off.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,
Kris

Moe Norman
4th February 2008, 08:00 PM
you can go wrong if you actually want to get a game on a Saturday for your $1100 fee...

sms316
5th April 2008, 08:57 AM
Where does Keperra rate in the scheme of things? I'm happy to pay extra to avoid "Social Club Sunday" but I'm not about to pay a silly nom fee either. A past boss rates it pretty highly and we have somewhat similar taste in golf courses.

Jarro
5th April 2008, 09:57 AM
Keperra is a great course/layout ..... 27 holes, with the main 18 a really good test (from the back markers)

Shoot damoocow a PM and ask him a bout pricing and stuff... he's just become a member recently

damoocow
6th April 2008, 09:22 PM
Where does Keperra rate in the scheme of things? I'm happy to pay extra to avoid "Social Club Sunday" but I'm not about to pay a silly nom fee either. A past boss rates it pretty highly and we have somewhat similar taste in golf courses.

Prices all depend on your wallet at the time I guess........noms about $1000 and full m'ship around $1100 - cheaper for 6 day etc..............I should have joined years ago but very happy that I finally pulled my finger out and did it - disregarding the upfront cost it is around $20 pw to be a full member and that is a good deal to me - if you want to come and have a hit and check the course out give me PM and I am sure we can arrange it....