PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the best stock shafts?

Webster
26th December 2007, 09:09 AM
Graphite shafts, woods only. Opinions please.

rick3003
26th December 2007, 09:23 AM
Mizuno Exsar are a fairly solid shaft. The firmer the flex the heavier they are in weight and lower in torque.

Webster
26th December 2007, 09:28 AM
Are they made by Mizuno or are they made by someone else and rebranded?

gazgolf1
26th December 2007, 09:37 AM
Ping stock driver shafts have a good rep.

rick3003
26th December 2007, 09:51 AM
Are they made by Mizuno or are they made by someone else and rebranded?
Not 100% sure but always thought they were made by Mizuno.

scarfie1
26th December 2007, 06:11 PM
Fujjikura fit-on used by cleveland, different to the fit on 150 and 360 used in callaways. Best stock shaft ever. My ping si380 has a decent stock shaft as well.

Polymer
26th December 2007, 08:33 PM
The question doesn't make a lot of sense or it needs to be clarified.

There are a lot of great "stock" shafts with many being true after market high end shafts that came "stock" with a club.

As far as a shaft designed for a particular wood and OEM...I'd have to agree that the Fuji Fit On Red is quite a good "stock" shaft.

As far as shafts that came stock in a club...The FTi LCG will have a Matrix Xcon6. TM had Diamana blueboards and Fuji 757's....

3oneday
26th December 2007, 10:04 PM
Very true Polymer, I believe the question related to standard OEM logo'd shafts, such as the Fuji Red, the Mas or the REAX.

I guess some companies have obviously realised the stigma attached to a "stock" or no name shaft. Anyone who uses the lovely smooth NV will do me ;)

Polymer
27th December 2007, 12:18 PM
Very true Polymer, I believe the question related to standard OEM logo'd shafts, such as the Fuji Red, the Mas or the REAX.

I guess some companies have obviously realised the stigma attached to a "stock" or no name shaft. Anyone who uses the lovely smooth NV will do me ;)

Yeah, I think nowadays you're seeing a lot more attention paid to the shafts and OEM's are doing a better job of matching heads with a shaft that a majority of people will find useful.

Oh, let me at the Titleist Speeder to the list of one of the best OEM shafts...

The biggest surprise to me so far as been the Cleveland Red Fuji Fit On. It definitely doesn't feel as good as other shafts but it's holding up fairly well to my swing and it's been performing great in my XL so I haven't really considered swapping it (actually, that's a lie...I always consider swapping even when it's performing..haha).

3oneday
27th December 2007, 12:26 PM
I haven't really considered swapping it (actually, that's a lie...I always consider swapping even when it's performing..haha).hmmm, you should fit in quite well around here ;)

I agree the Red is a good shaft, I've always found the Speeders from Titleist a little soft in the tip, much like the Spec Grid.....

The SR3 from Nickent (4DX) seems ok as well.

Courty
27th December 2007, 05:06 PM
The REAX in my Superquad TP was a surprisingly capable shaft. The only reason I swapped it out was it's a flex too soft.

3oneday
27th December 2007, 07:07 PM
I think the TP REAX's are supposed to be better grade or quality anyway.

rick3003
27th December 2007, 07:27 PM
I think the TP REAX's are supposed to be better grade or quality anyway.
Thought the TP REAX was actually a Rombax?

3oneday
27th December 2007, 07:49 PM
Thought the TP REAX was actually a Rombax?yep, but the name Fuji is on the stock REAX's as well, go figure :confused:

perci
27th December 2007, 08:08 PM
yep, but the name Fuji is on the stock REAX's as well, go figure :confused:

Yea but the TPs actually say Reax Rombax.

3oneday
27th December 2007, 08:17 PM
Yea but the TPs actually say Reax Rombax.there was a time when having a Fujikura name on your driver shaft was almost a status thing... not anymore, in the words of The Man :roll: they sold out !.

Polymer
27th December 2007, 09:26 PM
there was a time when having a Fujikura name on your driver shaft was almost a status thing... not anymore, in the words of The Man :roll: they sold out !.

I still love their shafts...The problem is that there have been so many other great shafts in that high end space and Fujikura hasn't really come out with anything mind blowing...

I don't consider a lot of the OEM stock shafts they come out with to even be in the same vein as other Fujikura shafts....with the closest exception being the Cleveland Red...

The TP REAX is actually a good shaft but I'm not really sure that one is made specifically for TM or what. Rombax shafts are good but nothing special...

As far as being a "Ho"..yeah...I'm on the other boards in the US as well...been in AUS for 9 months or so....Let me just say I'm happy to have found an AUS golf board to trade/buy/sell equipment because your stores here are a total rip off! :)