PDA

View Full Version : Coach in QLD question

andylo
12th May 2004, 09:23 AM
Any one heard of Mark Victorison (in Pacific GC)... good?

Fishman Dan
12th May 2004, 11:34 AM
There's one thing worse than a Queenslander, and that's an xenophobic Queenslander... :?

Fishman Dan
12th May 2004, 11:53 AM
Noun 1. xenophobia - an irrational fear of foreigners or strangers

markTHEblake
12th May 2004, 12:19 PM
Mark Victorsen is the brother of professional John Victorsen - (Headland GC Pro)

This means he has been a club pro for a long long time, cant say much more than that.

Golfgirl
13th May 2004, 06:20 PM
Mark Victorsen is a decent bloke, but I've never seen him teach so I can't judge his coaching abilities.

A Qld pro whom I do highly recommend as a teaching pro is Mark Gibson at Lakelands. Mark is simply awesome - he has been coaching my hubby since before hubby became a pro.

damoocow
13th May 2004, 09:56 PM
The best teaching pro I ever had lessons with was a guy called Chris Graham at Wantima GC [probably one of the worst Brissie golf courses] -I found him to be both generous with his time and adviceand would thoroughly recommend him.
damoocow

markTHEblake
14th May 2004, 01:00 PM
A Qld pro whom I do highly recommend as a teaching pro is Mark Gibson at Lakelands.

Rumours circulating the gold coast that Mark Gibson is moving to Emerald Lakes.

Jarro
14th May 2004, 04:55 PM
Chris Chaplain at Nudgee G.C is a great coach :D

Eag's
14th May 2004, 07:16 PM
Chris Chaplain is a genius :smt023
Best coach I have ever seen.

Golfgirl
14th May 2004, 09:24 PM
A Qld pro whom I do highly recommend as a teaching pro is Mark Gibson at Lakelands.

Really?? :shock:

markTHEblake
14th May 2004, 11:40 PM

Really?? :shock:

The story goes something like this, everyone on the gold coast knows, except for the staff at Emerald Lakes. Even someone from the GCDGA said one of the staff on the phone, "when gibson gets there....."

Golfgirl
15th May 2004, 10:48 AM
wow - that's pretty out there for the cat to have slipped the bag before Lakelands knew.... Is he taking the Pinehurst label with him, or is that a Lakelands thing?? :?:

Wonder if Shavey knows - he's at Lakelands isn't he? :shock:

markTHEblake
16th May 2004, 01:30 PM
Dunno about Lakelands point of view.

The official word from Emerald Lakes is only that they are chasing a really big name. But my news is 2 weeks old, so might have changed by now