PDA

View Full Version : Caloundra GC, Thu Dec 27, 8:09a

goughy
20th December 2007, 06:32 PM
This game is a go'er. Will be after an AM time, preferably 7 to 8am. How's this sit with you guys?

I rang the proshop this morning and it seems they still have plenty of times available, but he said it will fill up closer to the date. Would like to book this asap so it's done. Social round only and it's $30 for the 18 holes. My BIL and I will be carting which is another $35.

Peter Rs 81 - 64
Alo 82 - 65
shazza Rs 81 - 66
Goughy 79 - 67
AndyP 81 - 71
Rusty 87 - 73

2 days of golf in a row for me and it's not the champs! I can't remember the last time I did that. It must be 2 to 3 years now at least!!!! Woo Hoo.

Clikchic's reaction to me playing twice was 'so I'm not gonna see you at all while up the coast!!!'. That's as close to her blessing as I could get ;)

Rusty
20th December 2007, 08:00 PM
i prefer 'round 8. just to allow for travel in the mornin' without over doing it. book in 2 groups around then. gees, only $30, i think that's cheaper than usual - unexpected.

goughy
20th December 2007, 08:08 PM
$30 is what they told me today! And that's about what I've paid in the past, although that would be 3 or 4 years ago!

goughy
20th December 2007, 08:10 PM
ISG had vouchers for $32, a $6 discount. I'll check again tomorrow when I ring to book. I'll go for as close to 8am as I can get...

peter_rs
20th December 2007, 10:12 PM
8's fine we are driving up the dary before.

goughy can you book another cart too ;)

Rusty
20th December 2007, 10:52 PM
goughy can you book another cart too ;)

ah, gettin' in training for Pelican i see. wise move.

AndyP
21st December 2007, 12:26 AM
1. goughy
2. goughy BIL
3. Rusty
4. Peter
5. Shazza
6. AndyP
7. Shane (AP bro)

Book 2 groups. I haven't asked my brother, but he won't care. This will be the first course we've repeated in our annual Xmas rounds, which have been running for 6 or so years now. Jumping in this round saves me from making decisions, making calls, etc.

No cart for us. That's soft.
Please confirm the $30 fee though, because if it isn't I'll get an ISG voucher (although it will hurt to do so).

andylo
21st December 2007, 08:28 AM
Where is Caloundra?

ahh wtf... I will come too!

1. goughy
2. goughy BIL
3. Rusty
4. Peter
5. Shazza
6. AndyP
7. Shane (AP bro)
8. alo

AndyP
21st December 2007, 08:34 AM
North of Brisbane, South of Nambour. It's on the bottom of the Sunshine Coast.

goughy, 7 to 8am is good for me too. It will be play one round that doesn't have a lot of hot afternoon play.

andylo
21st December 2007, 08:34 AM
Playing fees (GST Included)

Visitors $40.00 18 holes
$25.00 9 holes

Social Groups $30.00 18 holes for +16 players
$17.00 9 holes for +16 players

Junior Visitor $25.00 18 holes
$ 15.00 9 holes

I suspect they quote you the social group price... 16+ players thu.

Better double check.

andylo
21st December 2007, 08:35 AM
If its closer than Nambour it can't be too bad! HA ;)

AndyP
21st December 2007, 08:36 AM
If that's the case, A-Lo, we can print iseekgolfforummembers vouchers out for $32.

andylo
21st December 2007, 08:37 AM
Yeah okay.

goughy
21st December 2007, 08:46 AM
Just wait till I ring again today! They told me $30 and I'd like to confirm this first.

AndyP
21st December 2007, 09:00 AM
Have you done it yet? Well have ya? Huh? Huh? Huh?

BrisVegas
21st December 2007, 09:36 AM
c'mon goughy, pull ya finger out.

AndyP
21st December 2007, 10:46 AM
Goughy has called them and asked about the $30 green fee. Apparently there is some work being done on the course, so they have reduced it.

There is still 18 holes in play, but one of the par 5s is shortened to a 4, and one of the par 3s hits from the tee of one hole to the green of another. There is one temp green in play, but apparently the course is in great nick.

Does anyone want to reconsider playing the round at Caloundra? goughy says he would lean towards still playing there. I don't think I'm overly concerned by it, but we could move the round to Horton Park or Bribie Island if the demand is there.

What do you all think? Rusty, you were keen to play Caloundra, I'd be interested to know if this changes anything.

andylo
21st December 2007, 11:58 AM
I don't give a $%^, any golf is a good golf.

shazza_rs
21st December 2007, 02:17 PM
Caloundra is still good for us. Bribie is really too far out of the way and Horton Park i imagine would be more expensive.

Rusty
21st December 2007, 03:17 PM
Caloundra is still good for us. Bribie is really too far out of the way and Horton Park i imagine would be more expensive.

same here. i'll still get a good feel for most of the holes & it's a social round anyway.

AndyP
21st December 2007, 03:25 PM
I'll send the Wacky Woomba One an SMS to lock it in.

goughy
21st December 2007, 05:06 PM
Locked in. 8.09 and 8.16am. Carts booked for the RS's and Me and my BIL. Anyone else want one can ring them or let me know. Groups booked in my name.

I'm EXCITED!!!

goughy
21st December 2007, 09:25 PM
First post updated with groupings, but here they are too.

1. goughy
2. goughy BIL
3. Rusty
4. Alo

5. Shazza
6. AndyP
7. Shane (AP bro)
8. Peter

Rusty
21st December 2007, 11:56 PM
excellent. i haven't played with you Goughy, so lookin' forward to it.

Iain
22nd December 2007, 06:17 AM
excellent. i haven't played with you Goughy, so lookin' forward to it.

Take advantage, you might not see him ever again with the number of Ozgolf days he plays.....

goughy
22nd December 2007, 06:47 AM
Up yours Ia............. Oh. you're right!!!!!

That was my thoughts Rusty. I gotta see your pings! ;)

And I'm playing with AP the next day and your in the group behind then!

AndyP
22nd December 2007, 09:37 PM
If you are playing with goughy, take your earmuffs, ala Allenby.

goughy
22nd December 2007, 09:38 PM
I only smash tee markers, I don't abuse!

Rusty
23rd December 2007, 09:42 PM
If you are playing with goughy, take your earmuffs, ala Allenby.

hey i can put the recently purchased noise cancelling headphones to the test - beauty! nah i don't mind a bit of noise distraction - takes me right away from thinking about my game.

goughy
23rd December 2007, 09:46 PM
You'll be laughing too much at mine to care about your own :)

goughy
24th December 2007, 03:11 PM
This is more pointed at Alo, but does anyone else need a cart for this game. So far we have 2 booked; one for me and my BIL, and one for the RS's.

If you want them, maybe book them yourselves. That way it's not my fault! ;)

AndyP
24th December 2007, 06:09 PM
That will be at least three rounds in a row in a cart for you, won't it, goughy? Harden the **** up.

goughy
24th December 2007, 06:39 PM
3 rounds in a row separated by 3 or 4 weeks. It's my one holiday of the year, I taking a bloody cart :)

goughy
26th December 2007, 08:24 PM
See ya's in about 12 hours!

Rusty
26th December 2007, 08:55 PM
i'll be walking to help work off this xmas pudge. unbelievably there hasn't been too much rain on the course over the last few days. was at my bro's today who lives about a km from the course and while there was rain around not much seems to be falling in that area - beauty! fingers crossed for tomorrow.

peter_rs
26th December 2007, 09:27 PM
see you guys tomorrow passed the course today at 5:30pm and it looks in good nick

AndyP
26th December 2007, 10:46 PM
I expect that we will get wet tomorrow, it's just a matter of how wet. At least it will put the new rain jacket to the test.

PeteyD
27th December 2007, 08:36 AM
rusty and goughy together is an interesting combo. The quiet one with one that never shuts up ...

goughy
27th December 2007, 03:22 PM
rusty and goughy together is an interesting combo. The quiet one with one that never shuts up ...

Up your Rs......

Had a ball (like that's a surprise!!!). I would like to see what they call a bad condition course, 'cause when I rang the pro (head pro too) they said the course was mint and the only changes were one temp green and a 5 played as a 4. In effect, we lost one complete par 4, one par 5 was played as a 79mtr par 3 (thanks for the birdie!!) and then another par 5 was split as a par 4 with temp green and a par 3. And while I've got no complaints re the condition, I would not describe it as 'mint'. Some very patchy greens there.

As to the game.... 3 doubles in my first 4 holes had me running for cover, and another to finish the 9 and I had one shot up my sleeve going into the second nine. A miracle bogey from the shite on the 10th had me thinking more of the same, but then proceeded to head to the 18th needing birdie to finish even for the 9 holes (never done that before). My 15ft putt slid an inch to the right for a par, and after being 11 over for the first 9 finished 12 over for the day...

My BIL was getting a bit pissed and alo and rusty smacking drives! Alo's consistant fade off the tee was just sweet. It's a great way to start a hole with that drive time after time. Rusty, the quiet assassin (yes, I am more excitable around the course than him peteyd!!!) showed patches of what I've been reading, but I think his driver let him down today. Tomorrow is another though!

1 fairway for me for the day. 10 times today I had a regulation approach shot at the green with them resulting in 8 pars, 1 birdie and one bogey. Not all were gir's, but the final results seem to stand for themselves. I need to stop chipping out of the trees. And 7 of the 10 were par 3's. In fact, I finished a combined total of par for the 7 par 3's today. Shite!!!! Sweet. I would love to play an ambrose with Alo!!! It also tells me that when I get into the shit I need to get out safer! I've gotta trust my ability to get down within 3 shots from the middle of the fairway. Also, my last 4 games have been a total of 1 over my hc against the ACR of the courses, so I am getting some consistant scores.

thanks for the games today everyone, I had a ball as usual. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Scores updated in the first post!

AndyP
27th December 2007, 04:07 PM
Yes, Mucho Enjoyus.

We escaped the weather at the golf course, as all we got was a few very light drops. Apparently it's been raining heavily in Mooloolaba.

To put some perspective into those scores, the Par was 67 and we played from the white tees. I don't think anyone set the course alight today, although there were solid performances.

The greens were pretty shoddy in places, so it was far from mint.

shazza_rs
27th December 2007, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the game guys.

Felt like i played pretty crap but ended up 2 under par.... who would of thought???

And a note from the round..... pete got told to **** off by one admin person and hit the other with his approach shot on the 9th hole (our 18th)... me thinks he might be banned after today. ;)

goughy
27th December 2007, 06:02 PM
I can't say anything about ap swearing at him.

But, we're finished at off the back left of our 18th waiting for the others. It's a 170mtr par 3. Anyway, pete hits and the next thing we hear is 'Fore'. My BIL is in the cart, i'm standing on the other side of it (far side from pete. I duck my head under the cart (still standing) incase it lands on me and the next thing I know BIL is leaning back in the cart as the ball bounces beside it and comes at my face!!! I stuck my hand up and handballed it into the rough before it hit me. If it had been shazz, I'd have tried harder to get it onto a good spot on the green.

Nothing to see!

Rusty was running away like a girl ;) ;) :)

Jarro
27th December 2007, 06:31 PM
Sounds like a real gay day out was had by all :roll:

Nice shootin G-man 8)

peter_rs
27th December 2007, 07:33 PM
Fun day out.

always a pleasure ap & shazza.

It was good to have a fun round out before Club pelican.

AP the XL is gone after that one bad tee shot ;)

goughy
27th December 2007, 09:07 PM
I was getting a bit worried when they fell a bit behind us, but they caught up in the end!

Jarro
27th December 2007, 09:12 PM
So are you saying that it was AndeePee's fault they were lagging behind in the first place ??

I'm just trying to perpetuate a myth...............

goughy
27th December 2007, 09:25 PM
Buggers me. I'd have needed binoculars to see what was going o back there!

peter_rs
27th December 2007, 10:36 PM
Buggers me. I'd have needed binoculars to see what was going o back there!

We were at the bar having a beer you guys where taking so long on the greens ;)

Figured out the Alo thing he is not really slow anymore he was just not have any practise swings and standing over the ball. Once he stond over the ball it would take him about 15 sec to get set and swing. It staying quite for that along that make it feel longer (you can talk in practise swings)

As for AP he was playing at a good pace but everything was going right must be those sweet pings :)

Rusty
31st December 2007, 12:13 AM
ah, back to the land of broadband.

had a great time. thanks again partners. yeah Goughy you're right - only hitting 4/11 firs didn't help me out, & then the 40! putts didn't help either. ah well. that's definitely 2 pink cells right there :mad:

Rusty was running away like a girl ;) ;) :)

ah yes, i know that when Pete calls a fore, it's a Pavlovian response to hike it outta there :D