PDA

View Full Version : Satisfaction...

terryand
9th October 2004, 09:15 PM
What shot gives you the most satisfaction?

Is it a long straight drive,nailed long iron to 6 feet, holed chip or bunker shot, or draining a clutch putt.

For me I had one of those satisfying shots today that you get only every 2 or 3 games(or in my case ATM sometimes longer). It was a 200m par 3 where flushed a 3iron that finished 4 feet from the hole.

So I guess for me it is nailing a long iron close.

Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside....Oh and i misses the bloody putt :oops:

Terry.

Ona
9th October 2004, 10:28 PM
What shot gives you the most satisfaction?

Tequila

nice shot (you to Terry)

markTHEblake
9th October 2004, 10:47 PM
A nice solid long iron that finishes anywhere on the green is always right up there.

McMw
9th October 2004, 10:48 PM
a short iron shot in, that plays out exactly as I visualised it would...doesn't have to be 3 ft away from the pin...but as long as it did what I wanted it to do...

had an 8 iron into the 10th this morning, was just abt the best shot, and flight I've had for the whole 2 days...finished abt 20 ft away, but it was a damn fine shot... :lol:

Jarro
10th October 2004, 02:51 AM
I looooooove sinking long putts :D 20 - 30 footers.

nothing better for me than picking the line perfectly and then getting the right weight on the putt ..... gotta love that 8)

gazgolf1
10th October 2004, 05:16 AM
Agree with Mau....I love hitting low punchy wedges that at first you think you've hit too far but then they bounce once and the brakes go on. 8)

3oneday
10th October 2004, 05:54 AM
Even better, an attacking low traj lob wedge which lands well past the pin and sucks its ttts off back to below the hole 8)

Another of my favourites is the rope hook from behind trees, one where you hit it out over the OOB and bring it back to the centre of the fairway :shock: 8)

Pete

Courty
10th October 2004, 07:58 AM
For me, it's probably the long straight drive that finishes in the middle of the fairway. Probably only 'cos I don't do them very often. :roll:

Fishman Dan
10th October 2004, 08:12 AM
Keeping my 6-iron in play. I hate that club.

But i like to drain the long putts, like Jarro said you trust yourself and pick a line, put perfect weight on it, and it hits the middle of the cup. Makes you look like you know what you're doing.

AndyP
10th October 2004, 09:47 AM
A fantastic recovery shot always feels good.

andylo
10th October 2004, 05:15 PM
A drive with driver (or even better, a 3 wood) nailed in the part of the fairway where I wanted it to be.... and it's longest than everyone else in the group.

Ducky
10th October 2004, 07:10 PM
I hit a drive on the green to 20ft away on a 320m par four yesterday. What was really nice about it, was that it was a slight dogleg to the right, and it shaped nicely from left to right exactly how I wanted it to. That was satisfying, however, I can't say the same about the four putt (yes, four!) that followed.

:shock:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Ona
10th October 2004, 07:32 PM
solid 5i thats high, straight and sticks

BrisVegas
10th October 2004, 07:52 PM
Driver! Smashed, high and straight with a bit of mustard on it!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Come to think of it... I pretty much try and kill every tee shot!! LOL :lol:

Flowergirl
11th October 2004, 04:09 PM
A nice solid long iron that finishes anywhere on the green is always right up there.

Yep Mark - I'm with you there. Anything that means I don't have to chip in on does me just fine thank you. :wink: Probably not the most "showy" of shots - but probably the one that's going to lower your score the most ( well for me anyway - cos my short game still lets me down)

terryand
11th October 2004, 05:01 PM
I think also when you pull off a low percentage shot like the lefty special flop.

Tend to pump the chest out a bit when got a 20 or 30 metre shot with a bunker infront of you and only 4 or 5 metres between the pin and bunker and you land itwithin a foot of the hole and stops dead.

OH YEAH :smt023 :smt026

Terry.

Iain
11th October 2004, 05:12 PM
Any full shot, where straight away you know you flushed it, cause it sounds good, feels like butter and you look up at the ball flight and think... yeah.... :wink:

Jono
11th October 2004, 06:34 PM
Come to think of it... I pretty much try and kill every tee shot!! LOL :lol:

You hide it very well with your smooth tempo ... :wink:

Jono
11th October 2004, 06:39 PM
It's hard to say which one shot gives me the most satisfaction ... a long straight drive must rank up there, along with clutch putts. Followed by crisp iron shots and spinning wedge shots (one hop and stop shot).

There is one shot that gives me the most DISsatisfaction ... when I pull out a long iron for safety off the tee and land in trouble. :evil:

Onewood
11th October 2004, 06:40 PM
I'd have to say :roll: any shot I get to spin back 8)

Does'nt matter if its near the hole or not :D

terryand
11th October 2004, 07:39 PM
I think I get the most satisfaction from a drive when I have gone for a long water carry,cutting a chunk off a dogleg or gone for a short pat 4 green and put it on, just like the first at Indro's east course.

It is 260m long from the blocks, aiming at a green that is 8 or 9 metres wide with a gap of 6 metres between the front bunkers.

On this hole I would take driver every time and hit the green probably one in 20 or 30 times, so that when i get exited about driving.

Don't get me wrong, the big dog is probably my favorite club, but on most coures you are hitting to a target of any thing up to 50m wide, probably averaging around 25 to 30 metres wide.

Terry.