PDA

View Full Version : any Prolaunch 65 stiffs out there?

Rusty
15th December 2007, 02:29 PM
going down the path of getting one of these in an r7 CGB max. just lookin' at my options for best value for money - thru Pro, ebay, made up. don't have the shaft or head yet. it's a .35 tip. waiting for Pro to get back to me with price. as he goes away tomorrow, might not be for 3 weeks. so just wondering what's out there.
OR where can i get a shaft and how much should i expect to pay?

Jarro
15th December 2007, 04:15 PM
Why one of these Rusty ? Did the Pro recommend it for you ?

peter_rs
15th December 2007, 06:00 PM
rusty keep the comp

perci
15th December 2007, 06:48 PM
Comp's are good!

Rusty
15th December 2007, 07:19 PM
yeah comps are good. i find it very easy to hit.

well, i've been updating all my clubs to stiffs and seeing how that's going. i'm a bordeline stiff/reg. the only club to do now is the driver - my comps got an Aldila NV65 reg. i just want the shaft/tip a little stiffer, but going to Aldila stiff is too stiff. i've done a couple of intensive launch monitor fit sessions. trying conventional shaped heads and newer shaped heads. the Prolaunch 65 stiff really works well for me - good launch, flight and less spin. i can put a Callaway Big Bertha 460, FT5, Titleist D2 on the end of that shaft, but the best is the r7 CGB max. i've hit heaps of balls with these 4 clubs, both when fresh and tired (& sloppy) and the CGB is the standout. it's pretty good with the stock Reax Superfast 45 Mitsubishi Rayon shaft, but it's definitely better with the Prolaunch.

but i won't be getting rid of the comp - everyone' gotta have a cupboard of spares don't they :)

Rusty
15th December 2007, 11:43 PM
confirmed .35 tip.

where could i get a shaft and how much should i expect to pay?

BrisVegas
16th December 2007, 10:57 PM
$99 - http://www.golfshafts.com.au/pro_launch_grafalloy_prolaunch_graphite_golf_shaft .htm

might be better off sourcing it through a clubfitter though, so they can do the instal and trim/weight it so it best fits you. I assume you've heard og GCI at Archerfield. They'd probably charge you around the $150 mark for a fitting and reshaft like that.

peter_rs
17th December 2007, 09:58 AM
just a note rust, most pros bags I have looked at have a "stiffer" shaft in the 3 wood as its for "control" not distance. Its best to go with the softess flex you can in a driver yet have control, as it will produce the most distance on avg. If reg is that great. Be careful that in going to stiff you don't change your swing or timming because your trying to hit harder to mark the club work.

Rusty have you tried different weights in the prolaunch shaft eg 55 in stiff or 75 in reg?

peter_rs
17th December 2007, 10:01 AM
are you testing at vic park?

Rusty
17th December 2007, 10:48 AM
$99 - http://www.golfshafts.com.au/pro_launch_grafalloy_prolaunch_graphite_golf_shaft .htm

might be better off sourcing it through a clubfitter though, so they can do the instal and trim/weight it so it best fits you. I assume you've heard og GCI at Archerfield. They'd probably charge you around the $150 mark for a fitting and reshaft like that. thanks BV

just a note rust, most pros bags I have looked at have a "stiffer" shaft in the 3 wood as its for "control" not distance. Its best to go with the softess flex you can in a driver yet have control, as it will produce the most distance on avg. If reg is that great. Be careful that in going to stiff you don't change your swing or timming because your trying to hit harder to mark the club work.

Rusty have you tried different weights in the prolaunch shaft eg 55 in stiff or 75 in reg? oh Pete i love your work :smt038 making me think. and here i was thinking that i'd discounted all options. hadn't thought of those. tried everything else though. yeah i'll try these before i buy. got a feeling that 75'll be/feel just a tad heavy. 55 might be interesting. do seem to like the weight of the 65 i've got.

are you testing at vic park? yup

Jarro
17th December 2007, 04:57 PM
Rusty, i'm hoping to have a ProLaunch Blue 75 Stiff in my driver before we play on friday ... if we get there early enough you can give it a whirl on the range if you like ;)

PeteyD
17th December 2007, 05:14 PM
What happened to the V2?

BrisVegas
17th December 2007, 05:18 PM
What happened to the V2?

he got board with it. :lol: get it? board with it??? yeah? I kill me. :lol:

no? :roll:

Jarro
17th December 2007, 05:19 PM
What happened to the V2?

I still have it in the R7, i just thought i'd try a couple other shafts in the driver to see how they perform.

PeteyD
17th December 2007, 05:27 PM
Slow day Dion?

BrisVegas
17th December 2007, 05:37 PM
brain hurts. fixing bugs. testing. going nuts. need a break.

Rusty
18th December 2007, 06:40 AM
Rusty, i'm hoping to have a ProLaunch Blue 75 Stiff in my driver before we play on friday ... if we get there early enough you can give it a whirl on the range if you like ;)

um, maybe i'll just putt beforehand. don't wanna tucker myself out. i'll watch you hit it on the course, that'll be enough :smt023. pretty much made my mind up with the 65. that's the only optioned weight from the factory, so i just gotta say "stuff it, that'll do". 65's fine. 75'll be getting too heavy - only got a 68g in my fairways and a 74 in my hybrid. wouldn't want to go heavier than that in them. yeah 65 it is. gonna bite the bullet and order it today - i know what santa's getting me for xmas.

Johnny Canuck
18th December 2007, 10:56 AM
Good choice on shafts, it's the exact shaft I use, slightly tipped and she's a beauty.

Jarro
18th December 2007, 03:05 PM
65 has 2.8 of torque and the 75 has 3.2 :-s