PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the tropics

pom
15th December 2007, 09:54 AM
Been around golf for 12 years but only been online for a short time so thought i,d better introduce myself . love talking golf & discussions on the rules. Can,t hang around now ,I,m off to golf . speak to you all laterhttp://ozgolf.net/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Grunt
15th December 2007, 09:59 AM
Welcome Pom. Where in FNQ are you? there are other in that neck of the woods on here.

Jarro
15th December 2007, 03:20 PM
Peter O'Malley ?

pom
15th December 2007, 05:25 PM
Wish I was peter but no ,just of english extraction.Grunt I live in townsville, N.Q. not F.N,Q. Not a lot of difference I know

Courty
15th December 2007, 09:54 PM
Hi Pom, I'm in Cairns. There was another member in Clownsville (;)), but he just moved to Mackay. Look me up if you ever come up for a game.

mike
15th December 2007, 10:12 PM
Hi pom, you a member of a club down there ?

pom
16th December 2007, 07:41 AM
Thanks Courty ,Just remember Cannes is in france & I believe Cairns is a suburb of Tokyo . Which club are you a member of, been told Yorkeys Knob is a nice course. Mike I,m a member of the Willows golf club,Are you a member at Dingley Dell?? Sounds a bit Fantasy to me!!

Courty
16th December 2007, 10:06 AM
I'm a member at Cairns GC. Half Moon Bay GC (at Yorkeys) is a goat track. :p

pom
16th December 2007, 10:27 AM
Not planning on heading that way in the near future but thanks for the offer, will keep it in mind. Hows the golf course now heard you had a few water problems last year.

Eag's
16th December 2007, 10:31 AM
Thanks Courty ,Just remember Cannes is in france & I believe Cairns is a suburb of Tokyo . Which club are you a member of, been told Yorkeys Knob is a nice course. Mike I,m a member of the Willows golf club,Are you a member at Dingley Dell?? Sounds a bit Fantasy to me!!

Welcome pom, I was a member of the Willows from 1987-1995 :smt023 The course is a lot different to when I was playing there back in those days but still a very tough test.

Courty
16th December 2007, 10:31 AM
Not planning on heading that way in the near future but thanks for the offer, will keep it in mind. Hows the golf course now heard you had a few water problems last year.

When you say water problems, I assume you mean too much water. There's been no drought up here. 8)

The course was looking fantastic earlier this year, but at the moment there are 6 temporary greens while they lay a different type of grass (Novotech? ) on them.

pom
16th December 2007, 07:17 PM
Eag,s. Don,t know how long since you played here , If it was 95 there have been massive changes to the course & bigger ones to come Shortly .Course is much greener now & most ofthe hardpan bare spots are gone. This makes the course slightly easier .Sorry Courty my memory leading me astray, it.s called oldtimers. (not really THAT old)