PDA

View Full Version : Dr Turf here

Dr Turf
14th December 2007, 08:01 PM
No not of the horse variety but of the grass variety.
I have lurked in your forums for a bit and took the big step to sign up tonight and log my first contribution. I'm 47 years old and have been involved in golf virtually my whole life in one form or another. 16 handicapper and have been as low as 6 but that was in another life!! Very poor and slow typing skills too. Like a beer and a laugh and a good time. Hopefully might find time to join in one of your games.

Grunt
14th December 2007, 08:03 PM
Where in Oz r u? Dr Turf.

Courty
14th December 2007, 08:11 PM
Welcome Dr Turf.

What part of the country do you live & play in? Are you a club member?
And, most importantly, what's in the bag? ;)

Dr Turf
14th December 2007, 08:14 PM
Gods own country SE Qld of course!! Well nearly.....just over the border but have an (07) phone number. Hope that qualifies me. Only carry 7 clubs 2 of which are sand irons and all different brands.

3oneday
14th December 2007, 08:20 PM
Bloody qlders :p

Welcome 8)

Rusty
15th December 2007, 12:11 PM
welcome Dr Turf. so what are the other 5 clubs?

Jarro
15th December 2007, 03:21 PM
Welcome to our humble abode.

Fishman Dan
17th December 2007, 02:28 PM
Gods own country SE Qld of course!! Well nearly.....just over the border but have an (07) phone number. Hope that qualifies me. Only carry 7 clubs 2 of which are sand irons and all different brands.

It doubles your IQ for starters ;)

Welcome.

Dr Turf
17th December 2007, 04:11 PM
Thank you for the welcome and the bag holds a 3,5, 8, driver, trusty old ping anser and aforementioned 2 sand wedges. Don't go asking too many tech questions on loft etc....I just know how far I can hit them all and when to use them. Unfortunately the plan rarely works.
Fishman, I don't think I'll get into the interstate arguments too early in my posting career. The interstate rivalry reminds me when I first moved up here and got a deal on some maroon colored rain jackets for my staff and two of them (Qld residents but NSW supporters) refused to wear them stating they'd prefer to get wet!! True story.

dc68
17th December 2007, 04:16 PM
Welcome Dr Turf. Are you related to Dicky?

Fishman Dan
17th December 2007, 07:48 PM
Turf - where do you play most of your golf? Are you a member anywhere?

Dr Turf
17th December 2007, 08:09 PM
Lucky enough to play all over the place but not often enough. Then again when I do play I am all over the place!!
Cool Tweed is my home tho.

Dr Turf
18th December 2007, 02:29 PM
No brother as a golf pro that I know of anyway.