PDA

View Full Version : What Makes A Good Golf Course

cobra
13th December 2007, 08:49 PM
Sorry if this has been raised before but
a....what makes a good golf course ?
b.. have you found it yet ?
What i mean is there are plenty of good courses but for some reason fail to ignite you
could be due to the high cost which doesnt always mean a great course
it could be a quiet little country course that just grabbed you and which you just want to play again and again
for example i have been able to play some courses that have been rated very highly on the top 100 such as n.s.w. however i would not like to be a member there and have to play it every week
however i have been able to play couses like kangaroo valley and moss vale which i find out and out just fantastic to play and would be a member tomorrow if they were a bit closer to home
to me they both have what i like in a good course which is both long and short holes plenty of variety ,use of the terrain very good greens ,water and both have majestic trees bordering fairways etc plus good clubhouses
i would be interested in what others think

PeteyD
13th December 2007, 09:02 PM
Cart girls. It all comes down to the cart girls.

AndyP
13th December 2007, 09:08 PM
And a quality beer on tap.

Good course to play or good course to be a member at?

cobra
13th December 2007, 09:50 PM
And a quality beer on tap.

Good course to play or good course to be a member at?

To me it would be a course you want to be a member at and i suppose the membership fees come into this equation as well so ....
it has to be a course that is affordable, fantastic to play ,provides all the challenges, has the scenery ,class with a touch of fear and also good cart girls and good beer
is there such an animal ?? :-s

PeteyD
14th December 2007, 08:10 AM
No. Good cart girls implies resort or horrendously expensive.

I am happy to have a club where I can play when I want (within reason) and that is reasonably maintained. I really do not know how the clubs survive on the small amounts we pay each year, but am glad they do.

andylo
14th December 2007, 08:16 AM
Logan City has some 5 star top quality cart girl.... membership = $389 p/a. :-p

PeteyD
14th December 2007, 08:25 AM
you are kidding? big sale there tonight too, might pop over for a looksee.

andylo
14th December 2007, 08:27 AM
Un-freaking-fortunately cart girls only work on Sat comp. day.

I still regreting the fact that (years ago) I didn't ask one of them out when I had the chance.

markTHEblake
14th December 2007, 09:06 AM
Anyone know Clo's email address?

TS
14th December 2007, 09:29 AM
Anyone know Clo's email address?

I will PM you CLO's mobile.

andylo
14th December 2007, 09:46 AM
:roll: Gezz you guys... talk about friendship (or bs...)

Christine already knew about it and she met this girl, she also agree she's a good sort ;)

TS
14th December 2007, 09:49 AM
:roll: Gezz you guys... talk about friendship (or bs...)

Christine already knew about it and she met this girl, she also agree she's a good sort ;)

We are always helpful.

andylo
14th December 2007, 09:50 AM
no shit... :roll:

Grunt
14th December 2007, 11:22 AM
Don't worry Alo, It does not matter where you get your appetite, so long as you eat at home!:p

AndyP
14th December 2007, 11:42 AM
So.......a course like Narooma would be great to be a member at. Great location, great course, and I can't imagine the membership fees being too high.

PeteyD
14th December 2007, 11:50 AM
If I lived near it i would think so, unless I hated the course.

markTHEblake
14th December 2007, 02:03 PM

ok, do you want the cart girls phone number then?

PeteyD
14th December 2007, 03:19 PM
anyone got a video camera?

markTHEblake
14th December 2007, 04:28 PM
Sorry if this has been raised before but
a....what makes a good golf course ?

The one that is close to you. There is nothing better than walking out the back yard (or front) and hitting a golf ball.

b.. have you found it yet ?

Quite a few times. But the bloody Grand GC doesnt count :cry:

actually I think i can go on record on saying that I have only ever been a member of a golf club that is the closest to where I have lived.