PDA

View Full Version : Brand NEW R7 TP Tour 8.5* RH

drunken
9th October 2004, 05:21 PM
Brand New R7 TP Tour, 8.5* of loft. Has Stiff flex Fujikura Speeder 757.

Includes all the accessories, TP Weight Kit, Wheel, Wrench & Headcover.

Looking for $950. But I'm sure I can work something out for an OzGolfer :wink:

drunken
21st October 2004, 06:57 AM
THis club is currently on EBAY. But I made a HUGE discovery when I was looking at it the other day...

It has a Txxxxx serial number :shock: Which signifies that it was a Tour head 8) Apparently they used some Tour stock when the ran out of retail TP heads...

Now I just have to see if anyone on Australian Ebay understands what that means......... :roll:

3oneday
21st October 2004, 07:42 AM
Nice discovery :cry:

Pete :wink:

drunken
21st October 2004, 09:03 AM
Well I've had it confirmed by numerous persons on BSG now...
100% positive that this is a Tour head.

If anyone here wants it let me know, I'll finish the Ebay auction. I'd much prefer an Ozgolfer to have it :D

davidp
21st October 2004, 04:26 PM
It has a Txxxxx serial number :shock: Which signifies that it was a Tour head 8) Apparently they used some Tour stock when the ran out of retail TP heads...

Now I just have to see if anyone on Australian Ebay understands what that means......... :roll:

Don't worry mate. They'll probably return it to you complaining it's an XXX-out club. :lol: Then, they'll post negative feedback, that you sold them a Taylor Made factory (as if there's such a thing anyway) reject. :P

Good luck with the auction.

Jarro
21st October 2004, 04:36 PM
Drunken, does the speeder have the TM logo all over it :?:

.. or is it the legit speeder :?

I'm just not a fan of the stock speeder in these things.... but seeing as it's a Tour club... it might have the real deal for a shaft :wink:

Iain
21st October 2004, 07:33 PM

I'm just not a fan of the stock speeder in these things.... but seeing as it's a Tour club... it might have the real deal for a shaft :wink:
Jarro, What do you mean, the stock speeder?? He advertised it as a TP? They come with the 757?? That has TM on it, but it is still a genuine 757?? :?: :?:

Jarro
21st October 2004, 07:45 PM

Jarro, What do you mean, the stock speeder?? He advertised it as a TP? They come with the 757?? That has TM on it, but it is still a genuine 757?? :?: :?:

Iain,

. after hitting my 300Tour and my mates R7TP side-by-side, i found there to be a HUGE difference between the two shafts. I found my retail R7 went just as far, if not further, than the R7 TP :smt017

Iain
21st October 2004, 07:54 PM

Iain,

. after hitting my 300Tour and my mates R7TP side-by-side, i found there to be a HUGE difference between the two shafts. I found my retail R7 went just as far, if not further, than the R7 TP :smt017

They are the same shaft, it may just be the tipping that is different.... Plus the 300tour would be higher spin than the r7? So maybe thats the difference you are feeling?

Was ball flights similar for the r7 & r7tp? Maybe the softer std shaft suited you better than the 757!!!! :wink: :twisted:

Iain

Jarro
21st October 2004, 08:04 PM

Iain,

They are the same shaft, it may just be the tipping that is different.... Plus the 300tour would be higher spin than the r7? So maybe thats the difference you are feeling?

Was ball flights similar for the r7 & r7tp? Maybe the softer std shaft suited you better than the 757!!!! :wink: :twisted:

Iain

Both the R7's had the same ballflight for me Iain, and my mate. After hitting my retail version he wondered why the hell he bothered getting the TP :?

saying that though, they both didn't feel/perform as good as the 300Tour ... or the 510TP we were hitting as well.

drunken
21st October 2004, 11:22 PM
I belive that the 757 Speeder in the Tp's are not tipped at all...That might be why your noticing a difference. yes it is the TP/TM covered shaft in the Silver/Red colour.

3oneday
22nd October 2004, 07:49 AM
So, what should they be tipped to perform correctly, and if you do get it tipped, do you then not fully insert the shaft or have to put a plug in the end to get it back to 45" ?????????????

Pete

Iain
22nd October 2004, 10:14 AM
So, what should they be tipped to perform correctly, and if you do get it tipped, do you then not fully insert the shaft or have to put a plug in the end to get it back to 45" ?????????????

Pete
Pete,
Most TM drivers are a shallow bore, being only 1.5" instead of the more common 2", That is why it needs to be tipped. You would need to tip it 1/2" to get it to play to flex. Then whether you put an ext in the butt to get it back to 45" or leave it at 44.5" is another question?

I would be inclined to leave it at 44.5", as then it is slightly easier to turn over and should be more likely to hit it out of the middle anyway (Which should make up for the very small loss of distance of 1/2"), and most Pro's (Which what the TP line is based on) don't play driver's at 45" anyway, most I think are around 44".

Iain

Jarro
24th October 2004, 04:15 AM
so what's the state of play here drunken :?:

do you have a link to the Ebay auction :wink:

drunken
24th October 2004, 06:15 AM
She's already gone mate....someone picked up a bit of a bargain. But I'm still infront so it's all good 8)