PDA

View Full Version : Caboolture GC, Sun December 23, 12:16p

AndyP
11th December 2007, 02:41 PM
I've split this off from the Sunny Coast Xmas thread (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8587), as I didn't want it to get too confusing in there.

1. Baz 38pts
2. AndyP 35pts
2. Rusty 35pts

AndyP
15th December 2007, 10:30 AM
Lads, I've just called Beerwah and today is their last comp of the year, which is a bit disappointing.

I can only think of Nambour as a good Saturday option for comp (assuming they have one on). What do you think? If we play Nambour on the Sat, then the Sunday round might need a rethink.

Rusty
15th December 2007, 01:06 PM
just rang Headland and they've still got their Sat comp on the 22nd. gents, how 'bout that instead? (+then keeps Sunday at Nambour).

AndyP
15th December 2007, 01:33 PM
Can't you only book the day before? If not, then that sounds great.

Rusty
15th December 2007, 02:20 PM
um yeah from 3pm, maybe that rules it out. bloomin' Beerwah - just run a comp. how hard is it??

otherwise, that weekend lookin' like Nambour only on the Sunday.

AndyP
15th December 2007, 07:04 PM
Bribie on Sunday is an option. As is caboolture and woodford.

Maybe Headland will relax the 3pm rule if they expect the field is down in numbers?

Rusty
16th December 2007, 05:51 AM
i haven't played either Caboolture or Woodford, so i'd be interested in both of those. maybe a preference to try Caboolture. interested in Bribie but a little further away.

AndyP
16th December 2007, 09:00 AM
That's only if we can get Headland on the Saturday though. Did you want to make another call to them?

Rusty
16th December 2007, 10:52 AM
yeah, they're holding fast at the mo - only from 3pm on Friday. :smt093 i might try 'em again late Wed + see how the sheet is filling.

AndyP
16th December 2007, 02:05 PM
Snobby bastards!
I don't mind waiting until Wednesday. We should be able to get a hit at Nambour on the Saturday, if I ring later in the week.
But that may depend on whether Lo and Westy are still in.

Rusty
17th December 2007, 11:19 AM
reluctantly i'm out for Sat now :cry: . playing Fri at Nudgee, and then the Sunday game. we got a bit of stuff to do on Sat morning before we head up.

so Sunday, yeah let's play Caboolture. never played it so very keen. hopefully West can play and guide us (well, me really) around his home track.

AndyP
17th December 2007, 11:37 AM
If we are going elsewhere on Sunday, then I'm definitely playing Nambour on the Saturday.

Either of Woodford or Caboolture is fine with me for the Sunday. If we play Caboolture, expect the course's revenge on me, as I knock up a century.

Westy? A-Lo? Are you there? Nambour Saturday? Or will you play the Sunday round? Or both?

AndyP
18th December 2007, 09:43 AM
PMs sent to both A-Lo and Westy to see what they are doing.

I'd like to book Nambour either today or tomorrow. Then get Sunday sorted.

Rusty
18th December 2007, 10:51 AM
on Sunday, i might still be driving up and returning to Bris. then driving up to Flaxton in the arvo after golf, so an earlyish game ~7:30-8:00am would suit me.

andylo
18th December 2007, 10:59 AM
I could have change of plan too... its at the pending stage.

AndyP
18th December 2007, 12:46 PM
on Sunday, i might still be driving up and returning to Bris. then driving up to Flaxton in the arvo after golf, so an earlyish game ~7:30-8:00am would suit me.I don't think you'll get a comp game in the morning. They are around the midday area, like they are in Brisbane.

I could have change of plan too... its at the pending stage.I don't know what that means and for which day. I just need to know who to book for.

BrisWesty
18th December 2007, 04:22 PM
I'm out for Sunday - heading off for Christmas. Sorry folks.

Looks like I'll play early on Saturday at Caboolture, if anyone wants to come along. Needing to maximise the amount of time I have to get the house in order prior to departure.

Maybe a New Years Eve or New Years Day round at Caboolture could be in order? I'd have to see what comp is on.

andylo
18th December 2007, 04:26 PM
Count me out, sorry. Family plan changed significantly.

AndyP
18th December 2007, 04:29 PM
Do I get OZgolf POTY money for trying? :roll:

I'm guessing you'll be playing very early on Saturday at Caboolture, Westy?

BrisWesty
18th December 2007, 08:00 PM
6:14 Andy. 4BBB stableford. There's a 4th space open if you want it. That's a little late really, the course was lovely at 4:31am last Saturday!

AndyP
18th December 2007, 08:07 PM
Can I let you know tomorrow? I really wanna play Nambour in comp this weekend, so I have to confirm that (a) they will be having a Sunday comp, and (b) work out if we are going back to the Coast on Friday arvo now (early work shutdown).

I am definitely interested. In fact, with a comp that time I could still play Nambour in the arvo. Hmmm, 4am wakeup time.

BrisWesty
18th December 2007, 10:02 PM
I'll pop you in tomorrow. I can always white you out between now and Saturday.

Rusty
19th December 2007, 12:01 AM
ah Westy looks like i'll miss out on a game with you this weekend. AP if you still wanna play Caboolture on Sunday, i'm definitely up for that. not sure if you want to play it Sat & Sun though. i'd be lookin' to play maybe around noon. we can carpool if that helps. plan to be up at Flaxton from Sat arvo.

AndyP
19th December 2007, 07:39 AM
As my initial arrangements were with you, I will play on the Sunday. I thought you were out for the Sunday arve which is why I started changing things around. Do you want to play Woodford or Bribie instead, and save Caboolture for when Westy plays (Australia Day weekend maybe)?

I don't think carpooling is very viable with where we are both coming from.

I think it might be best if I did skip Caboolture on the Saturday now. I don't need to play three rounds in two days, considering I want to play at Namba as well. Sorry Westy.

goughy
19th December 2007, 07:53 AM
Just read through this thread; thought you must have been organising a game in NSW ;) :)

BrisWesty
19th December 2007, 08:23 AM
No worries AP, BTW Aussie Day at Caboolture won't work for me because I'll be interstate.

Rusty
19th December 2007, 10:55 AM
ok AP if it still suits you, i've booked for us 2 at 12:16pm at Caboolture on Sunday - medley single stab.

with carpooling, i'll be heading down the highway so was thinking i can pick you up at either the BP where Mons Rd meets the highway at Forest Glen, or Chancellor Park Marketplace at Sippy Downs. whichever suits. no dramas if not.

i think you get bonus OZgolf POTY money for trying to organise this one :)

Rusty
21st December 2007, 04:26 PM
Baz is joining us now. i've booked him in. there's still a spare spot with us if anyone wants it.

Rusty
23rd December 2007, 09:51 PM
Baz 38 (or 37??)
AndyP 35
Moi 35

thanks for the game gents. good shootin' in those wet/rainy conditions. good to get out and play though. and having bom.gov.au on the laptop in the pro shop - what a great idea. course seemed to be in good nick, that's for sure. would like to go back and try it in the dry. some interesting holes. i'm really surprised they haven't got a big net between the huge uphill par 3 18 green and the clubhouse. if i hadn't have overheard some things, i would've taken +3to4 clubs instead of just +1 club! mmm.... maybe i play too conservative at times. certainly looked a lot more. AP put together a string of pars on the back 9 to come in, in 2 over. great shootin'.

AndyP
23rd December 2007, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the day, guys. It was a tough slog at times, especially when the rain and wind got up on the 7th/8th (coinciding with my two wipes, not that I blame the weather). If it had have stayed that way through the ninth we may have aborted. I think my feet are finally dry now.

It was nice to meet Baz too. He has been signed up to the forum for a while, so hopefully he posts soon.

Baz got in the BRD with his 38 points, and Rusty picked up a ball for his NTP (10.14m) on the 14th. Are there many here that can claim that they won an NTP on a hole that they bogeyed?

Rusty
26th December 2007, 09:15 PM
yeah, thanks for that Andy thanks :roll:

probably about as many that shanked a 3rd from 40m out on a par 4, resulting in a brain meltdown wipe.

(touché?? :D )