PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Xmas/New Year games - expressions of interest

jimandr
8th December 2007, 06:27 PM
I've got some time off over the Holiday Period. I'll be spending at least some of it on golf courses somewhere.

I'm free Friday 21/12, then Thurs 27/12, Mon 31/12 and the rest of that week.

Zipptopp and I have agreed to a game at Ashlar on the 27th, and we will probably also play on 31/12 somewhere, possibly at Castle Hill. I'll post those games on separate threads closer to the time if anyone else indicates they can play.

Who else is free, and when?

Grunt
8th December 2007, 06:52 PM
Am off 27th Dec, 3rd & 4th Jan.

Andrew
8th December 2007, 07:47 PM
I should be back at it by then.

miro
10th December 2007, 08:12 AM
I'll be off from 24th to the 2nd. I'll keep an out for threads on games.

burger
10th December 2007, 09:49 PM
Not trying to steal your thunder Jim . . .
I am hoping to play at Castle Hill 31/12. Inviting my brother in law, possibly his son and a couple of blokes from work . . . hope Ozgolfers are happy to have a co-sactioned event!

stu.

Grunt
18th December 2007, 05:30 PM
Is the game on the 27th still on at Ashlar. It copped a caning in the storms a week or so ago. It was closed until Thursday last week.

jimandr
18th December 2007, 09:21 PM
I understand the sheet doesn't become available until a week before, so I'll be making a call Thursday.

Zipp needs to get some cards in before the ned of the year to retain his handicap rights, so the game will be on.

I saw the note on their website last week about the hailstorm damage, but it should be OK by the 27th.

Grunt
18th December 2007, 09:28 PM
You see the pics Jim, greens were trashed with tennis ball sized ball marks!!

jimandr
19th December 2007, 09:01 PM
You see the pics Jim, greens were trashed with tennis ball sized ball marks!!

No, I hadn't when I posted yesterday, and the previous time I had looked at the Ashlar website it didn't have the details of the damage. With two greens out of play and obviously some other very big problems I'll propose we go somewhere else.

Zipptopp is somewhere in Central Qld, so he won't be posting or checking his email, so I might try to give him a call on his mobile.

But I'll call some other courses tomorrow. Liverpool is always a Thursday option, as is Glenmore. I wouldn't mind a game at Leonay, as I haven't played there in years.

Anybody else got a Thursday Open day golf preference?

Grunt
19th December 2007, 09:08 PM
No preferences here Jim, other courses in the area of the storms a few week back would have got some damage though.

Camden
New Brighton
Bardwell Valley
RAE
St Michaels
Massey Park
Glenmore
Leonay
Liverpool

are just some in the list of Open days for Thursday's

Grunt
20th December 2007, 07:48 PM
Sorry forgot I have Tayla for the week as Rachelle is back to work Thursday after Xmas. Will more than likely be out for all the dates I said I was free for.

jimandr
20th December 2007, 09:26 PM
No problem, Grant. It just means I can pick any course I like and see who wants to play there on whatever day I choose.

At this point I'm still looking at Thursday 27, then I'll do Castle Hill on 31, and perhaps either Wednesday 2 or Thursday 3 somewhere else where I either haven't played at all, or haven't played for years.

I'll post a separate thread after a phone call tomorrow.