PDA

View Full Version : These welcome forum thread titles always look silly

markd
8th December 2007, 07:40 AM
G'day from the Mornington Peninsula in Vic.

Been lurking for a week or so, checking out the "In the Swing Forum" and browsing around others. Been trying to make time to play golf after many years of only having one or two hits for the year. Too many other distractions (read Motorsport) have led to being only able to play in my car club's annual golf day and the odd bash at other times. Played a bit as a young bloke, but then the car bug overtook the golf bug and there went the bank balance.

It is time to wind back on that now and try to start playing at least semi regularly and develop some semblance of a game. The starting base is very low though.

kpac
8th December 2007, 08:00 AM
welcome aboard, hang around here and the bug will set in dont worry!

Courty
8th December 2007, 08:53 AM
Hi Markd. Mornington is Flowergirl territory. You're a lucky man. ;)

Jarro
8th December 2007, 09:01 AM
G'day :mrgreen:

Flowergirl
8th December 2007, 12:04 PM
Howdy MarkD. Another fellow Mornington Peninsula golfer. How fun:mrgreen:
Where do you work, live and play? - and don't worry - I won't stalk you - unless you want me to;)

P.S.for the record I'm a happily married middle aged ( gulp) lady who is all talk.:mrgreen:

goughy
8th December 2007, 06:33 PM
who is all talk.:mrgreen:

And action aplenty!!!

Welcome MarkD, be afraid. ;)

markd
9th December 2007, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the welcomes, live on the Westernport side. When I have been playing,it has been at various courses, tend to pick the easier ones as my skill level is low. As I play more and hopefully improve, the course selection can move to the more challenging.

Flowergirl
9th December 2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, live on the Westernport side. When I have been playing,it has been at various courses, tend to pick the easier ones as my skill level is low. As I play more and hopefully improve, the course selection can move to the more challenging.

My husband John and I play a lot at Rosebud Park which is a public course. Challenging but not too daunting. Have you had a hit there?
Where abouts in Westernport? John has a business in Crib Point, I have one in Rosebud and we live in Rosebud.
Cheers Reenie:mrgreen:

AndyP
9th December 2007, 04:04 PM
Welcome to OZgolf, markd.

Get anything useful out of the In The Swing forum? Most of it goes over my head.

Iain
9th December 2007, 04:14 PM
Welcome Mark.

Fishman Dan
10th December 2007, 11:27 AM
Welcome Markd. Are you MikeD's brother?

Rusty
10th December 2007, 07:03 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif These welcome forum thread titles always look silly

not when you put a title like that :D . Welcome

markd
10th December 2007, 08:28 PM
My husband John and I play a lot at Rosebud Park which is a public course. Challenging but not too daunting. Have you had a hit there?
Where abouts in Westernport? John has a business in Crib Point, I have one in Rosebud and we live in Rosebud.
Cheers Reenie:mrgreen:

Live in Crib Point, played at Rosebud Public once, bit on the steep side but was OK. Challenging for someone of my skills is the correct description.

markd
10th December 2007, 08:32 PM
Welcome to OZgolf, markd.

Get anything useful out of the In The Swing forum? Most of it goes over my head.

Just seeing if I can gather anything that may help me out. Never know what you may find.
You are right though, a lot is a bit deep for me.
Got my son to video me the other day(using my phone), not a pretty sight.

markd
10th December 2007, 08:36 PM
Welcome Markd. Are you MikeD's brother?

Depends if it worthwhile claiming to be :wink:

just
10th December 2007, 09:57 PM
welcome mark! How close are you to HMAS CERBERUS?

markd
11th December 2007, 12:34 PM
welcome mark! How close are you to HMAS CERBERUS?

Very close, just down the road.

Have been a member of the Cerberus Car Club Inc (formerly HMAS Cerberus Car Club) for 20 years.

Flowergirl
11th December 2007, 12:58 PM
John owns and runs Crib Point Autos on the cnr Disney Street. Do you know him???

markd
13th December 2007, 03:00 PM
Only been there on the odd occasion to get mower fuel. I have been lucky enough to have a company vehicle for the last 25 years or so and my fuel card is for BP. Fix my own cars as well :).