PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 3 Dec 2007

Iain
7th December 2007, 04:05 PM
Played Nudgee Nth this morning. Single Stab. 41 points (21+20), 77 off the stick. Didn't hit driver at all, 3 3-putts, had 3 Birds on the back as well as 2 doubles.... :oops:

6/14 Fairways (11/14 Effective Tee shots)
7/18 Greens (9/18 Effective Greens)
6/8 Up and Downs
2/3 Sand saves
29 Putts

Very happy with how I played, considering I'd only just had a lesson yesterday and wasn't sure what to expect. Left a few out there too...

BrisVegas
7th December 2007, 04:06 PM
nice round Iain. wrong week though. :wink:

Grunt
7th December 2007, 04:07 PM
Gee I stop playing and you guys can't work out that a week has 7 days in it not 14!

BrisVegas
7th December 2007, 04:08 PM
grunt, we usually rely on you to start these threads for us each week. Your massive layoff has thrown everyone into a tiz.

AndyP
7th December 2007, 04:13 PM
Thread fixed to keep Gruntus happy.

What's with all this 'effective' crap, Iain? And are you bringing your 'game' to Toowoomba?

Well played and well done on winning the comp. 10.7 now too.

Iain
7th December 2007, 04:18 PM
nice round Iain. wrong week though. :wink:

Whoops!! Thanks AP

Thread fixed to keep Gruntus happy.

What's with all this 'effective' crap, Iain? And are you bringing your 'game' to Toowoomba?

Well played and well done on winning the comp. 10.7 now too.

Just taking a leaf out of your book P!! Had 5 tee shots within a couple of meters of the fairway.

Hopefully, yes. Whether the driver makes an appearance is another thing!!

Grunt
7th December 2007, 04:18 PM
grunt, we usually rely on you to start these threads for us each week. Your massive layoff has thrown everyone into a tiz.
Not sure if layoff is the right word, lack of interest in the game (mine) would be closer to the mark.

mikezone13
7th December 2007, 07:41 PM
Great short game stats Iain, very impressed (and very jealous).

Eag's
8th December 2007, 07:26 AM
Very happy with how I played, considering I'd only just had a lesson yesterday and wasn't sure what to expect. Left a few out there too...

Another happy Miles Richardson customer, well done Iain :smt023

Iain
8th December 2007, 11:59 AM
Another happy Miles Richardson customer, well done Iain :smt023

Thanks mate!! :mrgreen:

Courty
8th December 2007, 05:53 PM
4BBB stroke today. We had a 68 nett, but I played 'meh'. Didn't keep stats but I would have had about 83 I reckon.

jimandr
8th December 2007, 06:05 PM
In very difficult conditions I am happy with my 36 points today. We were from the plates, with no run on the fairways and thick, wet rough after lots of rain yesterday. There were a few greens I couldn't reach in regulation after driving into the rough. I had a rare good short game day, just to make Mikezone13 even more jealous.

Fairways = 7 of 14
Greens in reg = 4 of 18
Putts = 28, 1 birdie, zero 3putts
Up&Down = 6 of 8
Sand Saves = 1 of 2
1 penalty shot

mikezone13
8th December 2007, 09:12 PM
Well done jim... my short game today, poor, yet again... although to be fair I did miss some shots that resulted in shocking lies and I 3 putted for bogey from 2 feet after a chip so the U&D's could've been a touch better better

29 points
36 putts
25% U&D
6/18 GIR - worst for a long time
7/12 fairways

1 bird
3 pars - lowest in a loooooong time
10 bogies
4 doubles

Toolish
8th December 2007, 09:48 PM
I hit it pretty well today, and putted pretty well for me...but mental game let me down at the end.

I was 3 under with 3 to play, missed a 4-5 footer to go 4 under. Then finished bogey, double to end up even par. Still my best ever round, but got score focussed.

28 putts, 10 GIR.

4 Birdies
11 pars
2 Bogeys
1 Double

oz
9th December 2007, 12:17 AM
A slightly untidy 33 points at Albury Golf Club today. I screwed up the par 5's, and my iron play was streaky, but everything generally felt better than it has been.

mike
9th December 2007, 01:06 AM
Don't often post in these threads cos I don't often play.

37 points today with 7 one pointers.:x

38 won the day.

Grunt
9th December 2007, 04:45 PM
Got back on the bike today, just felt like a game and went out to Mac Grange for a hit. Played in the Par comp. Was nothing special but it was the return bout. Ended up +1 so I beat my handicap :) could have been better if some putts dropped.

7/12 Fairways
5 GIR
1/11 up & downs
37 putts :( 2x 3 putts
4 Pars:)
10 Bogies:neutral:
4 doubles :?

Was a good game I think I got the urge to play back. Next game Monday 17th Dec - Bardwell Valley. Is an ambrose day so should be fun.

AndyP
9th December 2007, 05:33 PM
Grunt, noone believed you when you said you were over it anyway. We knew it wouldn't be long.

Bruce
9th December 2007, 05:50 PM
Well played Toolish.

Went off to Rich River for the weekend with a social group I play the odd Saturday with. Not AGU sanctioned events but they do maintain their own handicaps - I play off 18 with that group. 3 rounds in 30 hours. It's a tester.

Saturday morning. Rich River East.
84 off the stick. MY BEST ROUND EVER!
2 Birdies
3 Pars
12 Bogey
1 Double.

Saturday Afternoon. Rich River East. 2 Person Ambrose.
Linda and I had 73 gross. Some pretty tired swings towards the end of the round. Definitely not used to that much in a single day.

Sunday Morning. Rich River West.
I have been getting used to playing with hangovers.
89 off the bat. No idea of stats as I was using all my mental energy on keeping track of that stupid Bingo, Bango, Bongo game.

I managed to make my golfing goal for 2007 and not a moment too soon. Consecutive rounds in 80s was the goal and just snuck it in with a couple of weeks to spare. I am making a bit of progress now. Who knew that regular games would help me improve....

Eag's
9th December 2007, 05:58 PM
Well done Bruce, I knew there was a good round coming from you soon :smt038 :smt023

Bruce
9th December 2007, 06:06 PM
Hey Toolish! Is 6.1 a new low for you? That is a pretty good effort mate.

goughy
9th December 2007, 06:11 PM
Played city today with iain, andyp and macleod. 35 points, with 3 washes and 3 one pointers, or was it 2 one pointers.

32 putts, no 3 putts being the big thing here.

2 fir's, which is pretty standard for me. Maybe I should stop being used to it. They were also on my 16th and 18th holes.

6 gir's, should have been better, although a few of those were darn close to the green.

Short game don't really know.

Most telling stat for the day though. 11 times I had an approach shot at the green (for a gir), which includes tee shots on the 4 par 3's. In some of these cases they were from well in the trees but could take a normal swing and shot at the green. Of these 11, 9 finished with pars and the other 2 were bogey's (just burned the edges for my pars though). It tells me that my driving is just so far sub par and is really holding my game back. I always felt my iron play was the core of my game and this shows it.

I also tried something weird today, using a reverse overlap grip. Part of my routine has me taking mu putter grip to help me align my hands square, but today I took a few practice swings that way and they felt really comfortable. So I tried it and I felt it was pretty good. It really started 'cause I tried it on some of my chip shots and liked it. Kept me from excessive wrist ****.

On my chip shots I kept the double overlap that is my putting stroke, but on my full shots I just did a single overlap.

I had first read about using your putter grip on chip shots from a greg norman book.

Iain
9th December 2007, 06:21 PM
Nice work Bruce and Toolish!!

Played City today with Goughy, AP and Macca. Good day out, managed to shoot 36pts. Ball striking was pretty ordinary today, but did manage to score when I needed to, somehow!! Stats don't make for good reading....

0/14 fairways
6/18 Greens
2/9 Up and downs
1/2 Sand saves
31 putts

AndyP
9th December 2007, 06:38 PM
Great rounds, Bruce, now get that cap lower. And I also forgot to congratulate Toolish on his par round. Awesome effort!

--------------------------
09/12/2007, City GC, Stableford.

5/14 effective tee-shots.
7/18 effective approaches.
3/6 up and down successes.
2/3 sand saves.
31 putts.
----------
1 birdie. (index 1)
8 pars.
6 bogeys.
3 others.
Score 42-40-82 stab 34pts (Par 33-37-70 CCR 70)

One of my worst days off the tee in recent times, and spent more time in the trees than usual, but I managed to recover it a bit on the back nine.

Irons still suck, and I'm surprised at the approach stat (although there were a few long putts).

The short game was hot and cold. A few three putts, but these were countered by a few long putts drained plus a chip-in.

The highlight of the day was playing the 18th to perfection (for me) for a birdie. The toughest hole on the course, and I make it look easy, which was frustrating considering the struggle I had the rest of the day.

Next round: A week off for the Wiggles. 22/12, Beerwah.

Toolish
9th December 2007, 08:26 PM
Bruce...yep, 6.1. is a new low. Aim at the start of the year was to be off 5 by the end of the year. Playing again next week so 1 week to drop another .7, may have left the run a bit late. After the round I actually thought of you, regarding conversations we have had in the past about my best rounds being saved for ozgolf days, seems I broken that trend!

Congrats on your round too...trips away golfing are awesome, and mentally draining for sure (not because of the golf though generally!)

Flowergirl
10th December 2007, 03:02 PM
Well done you fellow Victorians.:smt023

Grunt
13th December 2007, 09:42 AM
Got back on the bike today, just felt like a game and went out to Mac Grange for a hit. Played in the Par comp. Was nothing special but it was the return bout. Ended up +1 so I beat my handicap :) could have been better if some putts dropped.

7/12 Fairways
5 GIR
1/11 up & downs
37 putts :( 2x 3 putts
4 Pars:)
10 Bogies:neutral:
4 doubles :?

Was a good game I think I got the urge to play back. Next game Monday 17th Dec - Bardwell Valley. Is an ambrose day so should be fun.

:)
Just found out I won the day with +1 in Division A (think it is 0-18). Even shot the lowest gross too (87). No one off less than 16 returned a card though. Got another $40 to spend at Mac Grange.

Fishman Dan
13th December 2007, 05:26 PM
You should spend it on the bar buying your old mates a drink.

Grunt
13th December 2007, 09:12 PM
You should spend it on the bar buying your old mates a drink.
Like I did the last one's