PDA

View Full Version : UST Proforce V2 M.O.I. Shaft

mikezone13
7th December 2007, 03:31 PM
Just got my Hibore XL back reshafted with a new UST Proforce V2 M.O.I. Shaft and boy does it go.

It feels a million times better than the stock Fuji gold that was in there. It's very stable and I feel I can really go after it without losing it left which is great.

BrisVegas
7th December 2007, 03:46 PM
what weight V2 did you get? Could be that it's a fair bit heavier, stiffer and lower torque than the Fuji...

The normal V2 75 is 79 grams and 2.2 torque.

The Fujikura HiBORE XL Gold is 60g and 3.5° torque.

Hush Puppy
7th December 2007, 04:21 PM
What do you mean by MOI shaft or is that simply the name of the new beast? Do you think all the stock shaft flexs are weaker (lower CPM) than a so called higher quality shaft?

Good to see you can go after it .........

peter_rs
7th December 2007, 05:09 PM
its the new v2.

Theres the V2, V2 MOI (more stable for larger heads) , V2 Long driver and V2 hi launch models

scarfie1
7th December 2007, 05:18 PM
Do you think all the stock shaft flexs are weaker (lower CPM) than a so called higher quality shaft?

Absolutely not. The stock Fuji Red is stiffer than many premium aftermarket shafts in the same flex e.g Diamana, Matrix. However the Fuji Red is a very high quality stock shaft. Basically every different brand of shaft will differ in it's flex, one maufacturers stiff will be equal to another's regular and so on.

Courty
7th December 2007, 05:32 PM
I'm interested to know more about this shaft. I had to decide between the V2 MOI & the V2 High Launch. I ended up going for the High Launch...

mikezone13
7th December 2007, 07:39 PM
its the new v2.

Theres the V2, V2 MOI (more stable for larger heads) , V2 Long driver and V2 hi launch models

Pete has said it in one, it's designed for high MOI heads.

BrisVegas - yes the V2 MOI is heavier (72 or 73g I think) compared to the stock fuji, but the difference in feel is amazing, the Fuji felt like spaghetti, while the V2 MOI just feels rock solid.

I'm interested to know more about this shaft. I had to decide between the V2 MOI & the V2 High Launch. I ended up going for the High Launch...

See above, first round on course tomorrow and will give you more feedback then, if you want one my mate knows the UST distributor so I'm sure I could get another at a decent price.

peter_rs
8th December 2007, 09:47 AM
shot me a pm I could be interested.

Courty
8th December 2007, 09:51 AM
if you want one my mate knows the UST distributor so I'm sure I could get another at a decent price.

Unlikely to get one now, I'm just interested in the difference between them.

Iain
8th December 2007, 11:58 AM
Unlikely to get one now, I'm just interested in the difference between them.

tk

:razz:

mikezone13
8th December 2007, 01:42 PM
Well first round on course and the first shot was rubbish, but then I flushed the next 7, so 7/8 effective tee shots (cheers for the terminology AP) with the big dog with the worst miss of the 7 being 1m off the fairway.

The great thing is that it can now launch high, launch low (into the wind) and still bomb it.

I played today with a player that is consistently longer than me (by about 10-15m last time we played) and I was consistently level with him most of the day and past him on a couple.

But the solid feel was fantastic, just how a golf shaft should play.

Now the big thing for me was not the distance (I'm not looking for more) but the tight dispersion pattern and also the fact that the ball left the clubface on the exact path I was trying to hit the ball on; into the wind, down wind and even in cross winds.

Ironically I couldn't get off the tee with my 3 wood all day and hence my score was crap even while driving the ball so well (a 3 putt for bogey from 2 feet didn't help either).

Peter
24th December 2007, 05:12 PM
Hi Mike,

I'm having a look at these right now - do you think the V2 MOI is a lot better than the plain V2?