PDA

View Full Version : Hi all from SA

strata
6th December 2007, 02:37 PM
Just a quick note to say hello have been a long time lurker and find the forums very entertaining.
Currently play at Highercombe golf club in the Adelaide hills and look forward to enjoying this excellent site.
Cheers
Mike

AndyP
6th December 2007, 02:43 PM
spam?

Just kidding.
Welcome to OZgolf, strata.

In case you haven't spotted it during your lurking we do have a couple of members in Adelaide in marcel and Chris32. It's great to have another Croweater on board.

marcel
6th December 2007, 04:43 PM
Cheers strata,

do you live in the Hills as well (I've just moved uphill in August)

Courty
6th December 2007, 04:58 PM
Hi Mike, you should catch up for a game with Marcel and/ or Chris32. They are both gracious hosts and excellent company.

strata
6th December 2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Live in northern foothills at Greenwith only 15 min drive to highercombe. Play every sat comp and once a month with a non course club.
look forward to catching up with other members as golf is becoming a bit of an obsession.

Jarro
6th December 2007, 07:15 PM
Welcome, hope you enjoy the show.

Courty
6th December 2007, 07:17 PM
look forward to catching up with other members as golf is becoming a bit of an obsession.

You've come to the right place, then. 8)

mike
6th December 2007, 07:56 PM
There's too many Mikes here already.

Welcome anyway.

mikezone13
6th December 2007, 08:19 PM
There's too many Mikes here already.

Welcome anyway.

Agree ;)

Welcome to the clan Mike #6517 :D

3oneday
6th December 2007, 09:18 PM
Maybe we should run a poll, are all Mikes w.......eally good guys ???

Just joking Mike ;) welcome :)

goughy
6th December 2007, 09:20 PM
"Everybody wants to be like Mike!"

AndyP
6th December 2007, 09:53 PM
I can get rid of a few Mikes. First in, first out?

Courty
6th December 2007, 10:02 PM
I can get rid of a few Mikes. First in, first out?

:smt075

Chris32
17th March 2008, 06:25 PM
Just a quick note to say hello have been a long time lurker and find the forums very entertaining.
Currently play at Highercombe golf club in the Adelaide hills and look forward to enjoying this excellent site.
Cheers
Mike

Ha, just read your welcome, I dunno how I missed it

Just bought a house at Greenwith myself, I play at TTG but know Highercombe well

Will have to catch up for a game sometime once the weather cools down and the fairways come back

Chris

gazgolf1
17th March 2008, 06:37 PM
Hey SA boys where is a good spot for a beer and steak in the gutz of the city?

I'll be down for a couple of days next week and the wife will be needing a nice feed to keep her happy.

BTW I lived in Adelaide til I was 18 but did'nt start frequenting drinking establishments until Brisbane corrupted me. ;)

Courty
17th March 2008, 06:50 PM
Not exactly in the city centre, but the Tap-Inn does a good dinner & Pebble Beach round. ;)

markTHEblake
17th March 2008, 07:14 PM

There will be some nice spots in Port Adelaide more suited to your style Gaz.

Chris32
18th March 2008, 12:17 PM

I'll be down for a couple of days next week and the wife will be needing a nice feed to keep her happy.

BTW I lived in Adelaide til I was 18 but did'nt start frequenting drinking establishments until Brisbane corrupted me. ;)

Just go for a wander down Rundle St, there are heaps of places to eat there. There is a pub at the end of Rundle St called The Stag, they are known for good steaks. I have never been there though. They have a sign about being the best steaks in Adelaide.

There are some great places to eat in Nth Adelaide as well, or down at Glenelg. If you like pizza, there is a place called The Good Life. Although its pizza, its all gourmet/organic. Its fantastic, thats where we go out for tea.

The Tap Inn is only a few minutes by car from the City, you could walk there in about 10 minutes or so. Its a great spot for a beer or a meal.

strata
18th March 2008, 12:56 PM
Hi Chris.
welcome to Greenwith great place to live just have to learn to go for walks(must be the walking capital of australia)Would love to catch up for a game just as soon as the conditions improve.
Another vote for the tap inn was there Friday night good food and very busy.
Rundle street has everything lots of choices.

gazgolf1
18th March 2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks croweaters. :)