PDA

View Full Version : Nedbank Challenge

Eag's
1st December 2007, 08:58 PM
Wow, this course is a ****ing monster :shock:
7162m with 5 par 4's over 420m the longest being the 18th which is 459m :-s they are playing at altitude which helps a bit but even so.

What kind of scores do you think you would shoot at a course this long??

Justin Rose & Trevor Immelman are leading after 2 rounds at 11 under.

http://www.nedbankgolfchallenge.com/

BrisVegas
1st December 2007, 09:04 PM
the altitude certainly helps. I played a couple of courses in Phoenix and you find yourself hitting it miles. I picked up probably 10% extra length on my drives and irons.

mikezone13
1st December 2007, 09:06 PM
Will let you know my score in about a month or so, along with Leopard Creek it's on my list of must must try to play while in SA, not keen to play the tournament tees though ;)

I leave in 2 weeks and have a game at Bryanston CC booked in and also some other course in Jo'burg. But the Gary Player CC is only $100AUD to play so will definitely play it if time allows.

Courty
1st December 2007, 11:17 PM
Be sure to check out the Lost City course also.

mikezone13
1st December 2007, 11:41 PM
Be sure to check out the Lost City course also.

Added to the list...

Jarro
2nd December 2007, 05:09 AM
Looks a sensational layout :)

You must be right about the altitude Dion, i saw Sabbatini hit 3 wood for his second shot to the long par 5 ..... something like 240 meters, all carry :shock:

Moe Norman
2nd December 2007, 08:17 AM
just goes to show that a lon course won't bother the pros. Subtlety will

jimandr
2nd December 2007, 08:38 PM
I am always amazed at the scores they shoot on that course. The altitude helps, but they also set up the course fairly easy. The greens are always softish, and never too quick. Rose and Immelman seemed to never miss from under 20 feet on Friday.

If they set it up difficult, the players probably wouldn't turn up. We know they don't need the money.

The other interesting thing was that it was Sabbatini's first appearance in South Africa since 1999. I guess he must be the same as the Elk. Might as well be American.