PDA

View Full Version : The Hills, on the 11/12

Iain
7th October 2004, 02:04 PM
Chatting with Vegas, we would both like to play at the Hills at Jimboomba, I'm yet to ring them to find out about open comps etc, but was thinking it would be better being after the champs, so will say the 13th November, at this stage. I just checked and according to Macca's Open day lists Open day Lists (http://www.ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=490) they have open comps on Saturday's??

How many people would be interested in playing out there, on or around this date??

Iain

Edit....
Guy's I have postponed this due to the round at Northlakes that Shavey has kindly organised..... :wink:

Davidp has asked me to alter the thread title, to get this back, so I'll leave the organising up to him.....

AndyP
7th October 2004, 02:11 PM
I would be interested in playing on 14 November.
I haven't played there before.

Iain
7th October 2004, 02:13 PM
I would be interested in playing on 14 November.
I haven't played there before.

#-o , edited..... #-o

AndyP
7th October 2004, 02:18 PM
No races that weekend, g69? [-(

Iain
7th October 2004, 02:24 PM
Cmon Iain, can't you get your secretary to proof read your typing before posting..... :roll:
Um....in current form I'm a little scared about that track. Haven't played it before but anyone you ask about it comes up with one word....LONG ! (and jarro, please don't go in the wrong direction with this line) :?
Sorry mate, my secretary left..... :roll:

Don't be a wuss mate, just come out ot enjoy a new track with some mates..... :wink: No one really cares when you break 100... :wink:

Jarro
7th October 2004, 02:27 PM
hey i can do my own sledging thanks very much :smt019

count me in at this stage Iain, i've never played there and would be keen to try.

Also, isn't there a rule somewhere about using pic's of dead people as your avatar :smt018

Iain
7th October 2004, 02:29 PM
Also, isn't there a rule somewhere about using pic's of dead people as your avatar :smt018
No ass's either Jarro...

AndyP
7th October 2004, 02:32 PM
If you are offended, you know what button to push, Mr Moderator-has-been.

BrisVegas
7th October 2004, 07:47 PM
Sounds like a great idea Iain. :idea: Hope to see plenty of driver action on that looong course.

Count me in at this stage.

jaster
7th October 2004, 08:25 PM
Could be interested, we'll see what happens but pencil me in at this stage :)

Iain
7th October 2004, 08:30 PM
So far we have :

Iain
Andippy
Golfer69??
Jarro
Vegas
Jaster in pencil

I'll get onto them next week to find out when the sheet comes out. What time we interested? I'd say about 10?

Ok, sounds good. :lol: 10ish it is.

I'll let you all know?
Iain

markTHEblake
7th October 2004, 08:33 PM
I want to play but Qld PGA is on that weekend. I am caddying so fair chance i wont be available.

jaster
7th October 2004, 08:34 PM
10 would be good if I (we) are coming from Toowoomba...any idea on green fees?

Iain
7th October 2004, 08:38 PM
10 would be good if I (we) are coming from Toowoomba...any idea on green fees?
The open day comp thread, see the link in my first post, has it at $15, I'm not sure if that is just the comp fee's, with green fee's to pay or that is all?

If it is it's a bargain.... 8)

Eag's
7th October 2004, 08:56 PM
Yep count me in roster permitting.

cazandpaul
8th October 2004, 04:01 AM
Sunday 14 November - do you know if it is mixed as well?

AndyP
8th October 2004, 08:10 AM
The open day comp thread, see the link in my first post, has it at $15, I'm not sure if that is just the comp fee's, with green fee's to pay or that is all?
All the prices listed in that thread should be the total fee for the day. :)

markTHEblake
8th October 2004, 10:25 AM

I got the info and its correct, that amount is all inclusive.
HOWEVER. I did say that Open days are Wednesdays or Saturdays.
14 November is a Sunday.

I have the program book here, there is also no comp on Sundays.

BrisVegas
8th October 2004, 11:59 AM
HOWEVER. I did say that Open days are Wednesdays or Saturdays.
14 November is a Sunday.

LOL. Good to see it's not just mee that stuffs on dates.... :wink: :lol: I assume he means Saturday the 13th.

davidp
17th October 2004, 11:44 PM
If it's Saturday 13th November, I'm interested.

Have to find transport though... :? Anyone near Sunnybank Hills?

BrisVegas
18th October 2004, 07:45 AM

Hi David,

Assuming I can get the car off the missus for the day, I can swing by and pick you up. I'm at Goodna, but I'll come via the Logan Motorway and stop in at Sunnybank Hills.

markTHEblake
18th October 2004, 08:25 AM
I will be much more interested to play if its a 7am tee off.

davidp
18th October 2004, 09:25 AM

Hi David,

Assuming I can get the car off the missus for the day, I can swing by and pick you up. I'm at Goodna, but I'll come via the Logan Motorway and stop in at Sunnybank Hills.
Thanks BrisVegas. I'll e-mail with details closer to the date. Fantastic rain we're getting. The golf courses have really needed it..

markTHEblake
18th October 2004, 11:28 AM
We dont want rain at Jimboomba, at least not until after we play there.

davidp
18th October 2004, 05:00 PM
We dont want rain at Jimboomba, at least not until after we play there.

It's going to take a bit more than a day of rain to soften those concrete floors out at Jimboomba. :wink:

Onewood
18th October 2004, 06:34 PM
1st round of the 2005 POTY :D

I'm in 8)

Davidp, I would be able to call in too if Vegas gets stuck :)

amanda
19th October 2004, 09:35 AM
Count us in - will be great to meet you all!

Iain
Andippy
Golfer69??
Jarro
Vegas
Jaster in pencil
Amanda
Brad

amanda
19th October 2004, 09:39 AM
Yikes - I just saw how far it was from Brissie!

That will be us out I think :?

Iain
19th October 2004, 09:46 AM
Iain
Andippy
Golfer69??
Jarro
Vegas
Jaster in pencil
Onewood
davipp
Eag's

Anyone I missed?? Sorry Blakey I don't plan on being up early enough to get Jimboomba by 7.... :roll:

BrisVegas
19th October 2004, 09:48 AM
Yikes - I just saw how far it was from Brissie!

That will be us out I think :?

from Brissie, it's probably only 40 minutes. From the sunshine coast, more like 2 hours....

Choppa
19th October 2004, 09:57 AM
Geez, I have been a bit slow on the uptake on this one. Count me in.

Iain
Andippy
Golfer69??
Jarro
Vegas
Jaster in pencil
Onewood
davipp
Eag's
Choppa

markTHEblake
19th October 2004, 11:51 AM
Iain
Andippy
Golfer69??
Jarro
Vegas
Jaster in pencil
Onewood
davipp
Eag's
Blake - pencil. I have to see what work activity is on offer that day.

Choppa
19th October 2004, 12:41 PM
Iain
Andippy
Golfer69??
Jarro
Vegas
Jaster in pencil
Onewood
davipp
Eag's
Choppa - please keep me on the list, please :cry:

Iain
19th October 2004, 12:47 PM
Iain
Andippy
Golfer69??
Jarro
Vegas
Jaster in pencil
Onewood
davipp
Eag's
Choppa - please keep me on the list, please :cry:

Don't worry Choppa, you are on the list, Blakey just didn't included you.... :roll:

Iain
Andippy
Golfer69 in pencil
Jarro
Vegas
Jaster in pencil
Onewood
davipp
Eag's
Blake - pencil
Choppa

andylo
19th October 2004, 12:49 PM
I am in if it's ok.

Kee, you avaliable?

Iain
19th October 2004, 01:03 PM
No Problems A-Lo. I'll put you in and add Kee to pencil, until he confirms.

Iain
Andippy
Golfer69 in pencil
Jarro
Vegas
Jaster in pencil
Onewood
davipp
Eag's
Blake - pencil.
Choppa
Andy Lo
Kee in pencil

I just rang The Hills, sheet's should be out within the next 2 weeks, so will try again Monday, otherwise can everyone PM their name, hcp and Club, so I can be ready to put names down.

Thinking about it, maybe if Goughy or Jaster reads this, we should start a Sticky where everyone can put thier name, club and hcp down, so we don't have to keep asking for PM's and can update it themselves, just edit a post?? Does anyone else think this is a good idea or am I just nut's?? :smt103 :smt120

Iain

AndyP
19th October 2004, 01:12 PM
Thinking about it, maybe if Goughy or Jaster reads this, we should start a Sticky where everyone can put thier name, club and hcp down, so we don't have to keep asking for PM's and can update it themselves, just edit a post?? Does anyone else think this is a good idea or am I just nut's?? :smt103 :smt120
We could also record our phone numbers, number of grape shirts we own, addresses, times that we aren't home, etc.

That's a lot of trust to put into a bunch of axe murderers. :shock: :wink:

I've never had a golf club ask me for my golf link number when booking, and only occasionally for my home club. :?

990B Luva
19th October 2004, 02:33 PM
Iain
Andippy
Golfer69 in pencil
Jarro
Vegas
Jaster in pencil
Onewood
davipp
Eag's
Blake - pencil.
Choppa
Andy Lo
Kee in pencil
990B Luva

I am in, i havent played hills for 2 years (school) but when the wind picks up some par 3s, a lot of people nailed driver short, one of these holes was 165m. but when downwind were hitting 400+ drives the wind gets that strong

Iain
19th October 2004, 03:07 PM
We could also record our phone numbers, number of grape shirts we own, addresses, times that we aren't home, etc.

That's a lot of trust to put into a bunch of axe murderers. :shock: :wink:

I've never had a golf club ask me for my golf link number when booking, and only occasionally for my home club. :?
But what about Home club? and I didn't say Golf Link Number?? I imagine some clubs would like name and at least what club you are a member?? :roll: :wink:

AndyP
19th October 2004, 03:50 PM
But what about Home club? and I didn't say Golf Link Number?? I imagine some clubs would like name and at least what club you are a member?? :roll: :wink:
Sorry Iain, I meant handicap. I rarely get asked for handicap and occasionally for home club?

Iain
19th October 2004, 03:56 PM
Sorry Iain, I meant handicap. I rarely get asked for handicap and occasionally for home club?
That's ok Andy :wink:

I figure it's better to be safe than sorry.... 8)

terryand
19th October 2004, 04:09 PM
Hey Iain slow that bandwagon down so I can jump on :smt045

And put me in, in niko pen too :smt023

Terry.

Iain
19th October 2004, 06:21 PM
Hey Iain slow that bandwagon down so I can jump on :smt045

And put me in, in niko pen too :smt023

Terry.
No Problems Tezza.

Iain
Andippy
Golfer69 in pencil
Jarro
Vegas
Jaster in pencil
Onewood
davipp
Eag's
Blake in pencil
Choppa
Andy Lo
Kee in pencil
990B Luva
Tez in niko

Quite a list for one of the first POTY events of 2005.... 8)

Iain

Jarro
19th October 2004, 06:29 PM

.. that's because i'm playing :wink:

Iain
19th October 2004, 06:32 PM

*cough*post boost*cough*

Jarro
19th October 2004, 06:34 PM

*cough*post boost*cough*

:roll:

markTHEblake
19th October 2004, 11:27 PM
I am out, am caddying at the PGA

Iain
Andippy
Golfer69 in pencil
Jarro
Vegas
Jaster in pencil
Onewood
davipp
Eag's
Choppa
Andy Lo
Kee in pencil
990B Luva
Tez in niko

AndyP
20th October 2004, 03:22 PM
Iain, others, Shavey has got the Northlakes round on the 13th. We probably need to postpone this one.

Should I just cut and paste all of the names into that thread. :wink:

Iain
20th October 2004, 03:23 PM
Just beat me too it Andippy....

I will edit the post title, we can do this another day, maybe early december.... :?:

If anyone still wants to play The Hills and not at Northlakes, then you'll have to organise it yourself.... :P

AndyP
20th October 2004, 03:26 PM
Just beat me too it Andippy....

I will edit the post title, we can do this another day, maybe early december.... :?:

Good-o. Early December sounds good.
Brisbane Test match is on Nov 20. :cool:

Jarro
20th October 2004, 05:02 PM
suits me fine.... NL is sooooooo much closer to my place than The Hills :D

davidp
9th November 2004, 08:23 PM
How about December 11th for The Hills?

Any takers?

Eag's
9th November 2004, 08:35 PM
Will have to wait and see what roster I get before confirming :roll:

Iain
10th November 2004, 06:17 AM
Ok, I've edited the post title, as Davidp asked me too, I'm not sure what I am working that w/e so will leave the organising to him.... :wink:

Iain

davidp
10th November 2004, 06:49 AM
Oohh crap. I'm organising... :shock:

Besides organising tee times and trying to extract the best deal we can out of courses, is there anything else to it? :?:

BrisVegas
10th November 2004, 08:26 AM
DavidP,

At this early stage, I am in. Although I have that nagging feeling that I had something else on that day.... :?

Anyhoo, I'd vote for an early start (before 8am). It's gonna be hotter than hades in mid-December out there. 8) If jaster or goughy decide to join us from Toowoomba, I can live with playing a bit later though.

The original lineup was....
1. Iain
2. Andippy
3. Golfer69 in pencil
4. Jarro
5. Vegas
6. Jaster in pencil
7. Onewood
8. davidp
9. Eag's
10. Blake in pencil
11. Choppa
12. Andy Lo
13. Kee in pencil
14. 990B Luva
15. Tez in niko

AndyP
10th November 2004, 08:45 AM
Starting the list from scratch:

1. davidp
2. Eag's (in pencil)
3. Iain (in pencil)
4. BrisVegas
5. AndyP (in pencil)

Aus v NZ day-nighter at the Gabba on Friday, and might be playing golf on the Sunday, so I'm not too sure about this one. :?

andylo
10th November 2004, 11:15 AM
1. davidp
2. Eag's (in pencil)
3. Iain (in pencil)
4. BrisVegas
5. AndyP (in pencil)
6. Andy Lo (in pencil)

markTHEblake
10th November 2004, 11:31 AM
Besides organising tee times and trying to extract the best deal we can out of courses, is there anything else to it? :?:

No deal to organise, its $15 straight up including the comp fee, so you just got to book the times.

AndyP
10th November 2004, 11:38 AM

No deal to organise, its $15 straight up including the comp fee, so you just got to book the times.
Does the timesheet come out one week or two weeks in advance?

davidp
10th November 2004, 12:18 PM
AndyP, the timesheet for the 11th Dec hasn't come out yet. It will be done probably 1st week of Dec.

I was wrong about the comp for 11/12. I was previously told it was a Single Stab, but it's a 3 person ambrose with tee times finishing at 10:30 am. :oops: . I don't think people will want to play an ambrose would they?

Talking to Jim Duncan at Hills, if we have about 15 people, he should be able to do a special deal for us on the green fees. It's usually $25 for social play, as opposed to $15 for comps.

AndyP
10th November 2004, 12:25 PM
I was wrong about the comp for 11/12. I was previously told it was a Single Stab, but it's a 3 person ambrose with tee times finishing at 10:30 am. :oops: . I don't think people will want to play an ambrose would they?

:smt078
Personally, I would prefer a single event if we are going to make the trip down there. What about the weekend before or after?

BrisVegas
10th November 2004, 12:50 PM
Give it a miss eh? Ambrose's are a waste of time. I need all the 0.1's I can get back!!!

Either the 4th or 18th might work. I'd prefer the 4th, for no other reason that the 18th is only a week from Christmas.

davidp
10th November 2004, 12:55 PM
The 4th is their Monthly Medal. The 18th is also a 3 ball Ambrose. As AndyP said, :smt078 .

Need to find an alternative course. We might put the Hills off until next year..