PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Made Rossa putters AGSI......

Muza
28th November 2007, 10:38 PM
Hi guys, i am thinking of buying the monte carlo 7 TM putter with the 14 polymer inserts...... Just wondering if anyone uses them. How they handle long term?

They look pretty flash, but feel is more important, they feel good in the shop, but wondering what people think who use them.

Muz

scarfie1
28th November 2007, 11:32 PM
Hey Muz, I can shead some light on the AGSI+. I own the Tourismo 3, best putter I have ever used, puts a sweet roll on the ball. I have used the Yes!, Rife and G-Field Roll Face putters and I can say they all put a sweet roll on the ball. I was skeptical of the agsi as you can't really FEEL the grooves as much as the others and so naturally I couldn't see it being able to grip the ball as well and produce the forward roll like the others. However after using it, I can say it does the job just as well, if not better than the other brands.

As for wear, I have only had mine for a couple of months, so can't say how it handles long term, however I have heard that the original AGSI inserts did tend to wear somewhat. But Taylormade made the new AGSI+ more firmer and supposedly more durable.

I bought the Monte Carlo for a friend and have rolled it on the course a few times, and it is also a very nice putter. A little more solid than the Toursimo due to not having any weights, and a non-wire frame design. Overall a very sweet putter, can't go wrong.

One last thing to note, is that Taylormade putters are a touch shorter than they say they are. My 35" is no longer than 34.5" so take that into consideration. I normally play a 33", but bought a 35" and now stand more upright, like Tiger or David Toms, and my putting has improved ten fold. Hope that helps.

Muza
29th November 2007, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the info scarfie,

I will go out and hunt down the best price. I do like the monte carlo 7.

Muza

miro
29th November 2007, 08:23 AM
I have a Daytona Agsi+ and also previously (actually still in the cupboard I think) used a monza Agsi. Anyway the Gasi+ insert does show face contact after a period of time but doesn't actually appear to be material other than hopefully showing you that long term you hit the middle of the face.

Does the insert work? maybe I certainly love the roll from my putter. However, I would say you still need to be technically proficient with your stroke otherwise there is little benefit in my mind.

Muza
2nd December 2007, 12:37 AM
was in a shop at Balmain on thursday night and ended up buying a copper zing 2 for my collection and saw a callie (mint). Anyway long story short, the callie felt great so i bought it and used it today. Hit the ball pretty solid, and had 23 putts:D :D :D :D :D :D :D . best ever record. had 7 over while i was 6 over on 3 holes:(

So in the end, I would have liked to get the monte carlo 7, but found the callie that felt great and unfortinately cant get both.......

Thanks for you responses guys, they were much appreciated

rick3003
2nd December 2007, 09:05 AM
was in a shop at Balmain on thursday night and ended up buying a copper zing 2 for my collection and saw a callie (mint). Anyway long story short, the callie felt great so i bought it and used it today. Hit the ball pretty solid, and had 23 putts:D :D :D :D :D :D :D . best ever record. had 7 over while i was 6 over on 3 holes:(

So in the end, I would have liked to get the monte carlo 7, but found the callie that felt great and unfortinately cant get both.......

Thanks for you responses guys, they were much appreciated
Nice to hear my old Callie worked for you and yes it was mint. (1 round only).

Gerry always has plent of interesting gear in that shop - provided you are a small bloke and can actually work your way around the shop. Man he needs to get rid of some gear:)

Muza
5th December 2007, 08:06 AM
That shop in Balmain is a must for any sydney golfer enthusist. Its like a tresure hunt. Every time you go there you dont know what you are going to find.

HAvent been able to use the putter since saturday. Tried to but the rain.

Also went to drummand yesterday and had a putt with the monte carlo 7. that is one pure putter. I am obsessed. I think I have over 20 putters now....:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: