PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Melbourne

v205
26th November 2007, 10:59 PM
Just joined this site recently and saying hi. Are there many here from Melbourne?

Flowergirl
26th November 2007, 11:15 PM
Goodday and welcome to a fellow Victorian.;)
There are only a few of us - mainly those pests from up north on this site:smt093 Must admit some of them are ok.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Where do you play?

Toolish
27th November 2007, 07:02 AM
From geelong, but there are a few vics around...not enough for us to have a successful vic matchplay comp though :(

Flowergirl
27th November 2007, 07:49 AM
From geelong, but there are a few vics around...not enough for us to have a successful vic matchplay comp though :(

Ah stop your sooking. Johnny Boy would have beaten you anyways. You would have had to give him 20 shots at least.;)

Organise something for early next year. :smt023

BrisVegas
27th November 2007, 08:08 AM
If you Vics would start promoting the site, you'd have heaps of Vic punters joining up. :wink: Reenie - are you wearing your ozgolf.net shirt at work today?

AndyP
27th November 2007, 08:50 AM
Welcome v205. Which footy team do you support? Your answer could affect how you are treated here. ;)

dc68
27th November 2007, 08:57 AM
The Melbourne Storm?

Welcome. No matter which team you support, apart from the baby poo and yellow mob.

PeteyD
27th November 2007, 09:09 AM
Yea supporting the poo team could be the end of you. Even Magpies supporters are tolerated here.

AndyP
27th November 2007, 09:21 AM
The Melbourne Storm?

Welcome. No matter which team you support, apart from the baby poo and yellow mob.
Nice edit, dc. And if you were bright enough you would have called it poo and wee. :roll:

Eag's
27th November 2007, 09:26 AM
Welcome v205

dc68
27th November 2007, 09:30 AM
Nice edit, dc. And if you were bright enough you would have called it poo and wee. :roll:

The edit was because I forget the welcome King Wanker. And I just threw the Borethorn thing on the end.

Iain
27th November 2007, 09:46 AM

But we all know he's not....

Iain
27th November 2007, 09:48 AM
Welcome v205.

Toolish
27th November 2007, 10:08 AM
Ah stop your sooking. Johnny Boy would have beaten you anyways. You would have had to give him 20 shots at least.;)

Organise something for early next year. :smt023

Indeed he may have....but as it is I remain undefeated in ozgolf matchplay!!

Someone else can try to get it going next year, as I failed dismally in my attempt this year!

markTHEblake
27th November 2007, 11:05 AM
If you Vics would start promoting the site, you'd have heaps of Vic punters joining up.

yeah why not, the bottom of the barrel has already been scraped, any new punters cant be half bad then.

dc68
27th November 2007, 11:13 AM
But we all know he's not....

Have another rum.... KJ

Bruce
28th November 2007, 02:36 PM
Welcome V.

I'm one of the other Melbournians.

v205
30th November 2007, 11:15 PM
Been playing at Malvern Valley lately due to the convenience after relocation.

Enjoy Sandringham Golf Links (as a course, not when it can take 5+ hours during busy weekends though!) when it was more convenient there.

Played a round at Boxhill GC recently and may consider joining it for the convenience.

Play at Centenery Park when I feel like playing on a longer course (6+ km) but a bit of a drive to frankston.

Looking forward to getting an official AGU h'cap again if possible.

Goodday and welcome to a fellow Victorian.;)
There are only a few of us - mainly those pests from up north on this site:smt093 Must admit some of them are ok.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Where do you play?

v205
30th November 2007, 11:19 PM
I presume you are the same Toolish from ISG?

ISG is a bit more quiet these days and I came across this forum.

VIC matchplay sounds like fun. What if we don't have official H'cap??

v205
30th November 2007, 11:25 PM
I migrated here about 20 years ago and still haven't gotten into footy yet.. :mrgreen:

Welcome v205. Which footy team do you support? Your answer could affect how you are treated here. ;)

Flowergirl
1st December 2007, 10:21 AM

We'll just make up the rules as we go along as make sure you lose on the 18th.;)

Toolish
1st December 2007, 02:26 PM

Yep...same guy.

This place is has more of a community than ISG, both sites are good for different things. Organising a game, or looking for gear and this is definately your place. :)

The matchplay is fun when people get organised to do it. If you are keen to play it we will find a way around the handicap. Need as many numbers as we can get!

Webster
1st December 2007, 03:08 PM
Toolish, ISG is terrible these days mate. It used be great, now its just crap.

v205
2nd December 2007, 03:05 PM
I'd normally go to the MGA driving range. Anyone else go there?

Webster
2nd December 2007, 04:05 PM
I go there every week.

v205
2nd December 2007, 07:47 PM
Cool Jack. Wanna check out your swing speed? I got a swing speed radar gadget recently.

Edit: Saw a short guy there a few weeks ago. He knew the people who worked there. Not sure if he worked there too. He was hitting (905R with Graf Blue stiff) and carrying the range balls 250m. Overheard him saying he was playing off 1. Quite a sight. Longest driving I've seen at MGA so far.