PDA

View Full Version : For MMM listeners

Bruce
7th October 2004, 12:32 PM
Keep an ear out tomorrow (Friday 8/10) at ~8:05 as I do JB's Spin on Sport.

It will be golf related.

AndyP
7th October 2004, 01:33 PM
Keep an ear out tomorrow (Friday 8/10) at ~8:05 as I do JB's Spin on Sport.

It will be golf related.
:?: Is that only in Melbourne though, Bruce?

Bruce
7th October 2004, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure.

I think THE CAGE is syndicated into Adelaide and Sydney.

If you have Tim Smith, Peter Berner and Bridget in the mornings then that is the show I will be on.

amanda
7th October 2004, 05:42 PM
Yup - we get The Cage in Sydney - I think I will be going through a train tunnel at that time though :?

AndyP
8th October 2004, 07:42 AM
We don't get it in Brisbane, but I'm not sure I would have been able to handle listening to Bridget Duclo and Tim Smith.

Bruce
8th October 2004, 09:33 AM
Transcript of sorts (this is the script I used):

Before I start I just want to agree with Vicki and her World's longest spin on the quality of Ice Hockey.

Any sport that allows you to hit your opponent with your stick has got to be good.

There's only one thing stopping it from taking right off in Australia and that is a complete lack of ice.

The other thing before I start is:

How good Michael Clarke?

Best debut since Douggie Walters.

The future of cricket has begun as he and his captain Adam Gilchrist set about putting the Indians in the shade and the Aussies into their normal position of complete dominance.

But here's the spin I prepared earlier.

Rumours abound that Tiger Woods has married Elin Nordegren in secret ceremony in Barbados this week.

I'm sure he's taken the clubs along with him to help kill some time during the honeymoon.

And no truth to the rumour that one of the items on their wedding registry was a new swing for Tiger. Perhaps now he can get back to his regular pastime of winning tournaments.

Tiger joins the long list of professional golfers who have married spectacular looking women.

The recent Ryder Cup was case in point with wives and girlfriends encouraged to join the teams on the course and even in the club rooms.

Now most men I know take up golf to get away from their significant other for a few hours a week, but having seen the quality of missus these guys have following them around I can see why they were extended the invitation.

Phil Mickelson's wife Amy, David Toms' wife Sonya and the new Mrs Elin Woods could be added to any foursome.

Even David Morland the Fourth, currently ranked number 194 on the US PGA tour is married to Michelle Morland the current Mrs Florida and runner up in the Mrs USA pageant.

Is it any wonder that one of the major golfing brands is called: Top Flite!

Thanks must go to No Three Putts (http://nothreeputts.blogspot.com) for the idea that golfers have hot wives.[/url]

hackin jim
8th October 2004, 11:12 AM
Is it any wonder that one of the major golfing brands is called: Top Flite!

Great spin Bruce especially the way you work in JB's nickname for Bridge. Didn't get to hear it first hand, how did it go down?

Bruce
8th October 2004, 11:44 AM
It went very well.

Had the guys in the studio working with me nicely and the producer was very happy. Got plenty of positive SMS messages from mates etc.

I will try and get a copy for the archives.

It was kind of odd listening to the Sydney feed while I waited to go on air. Apparently there were troubles on the M5 this morning.

Bruce
8th October 2004, 12:24 PM
And does anyone have contact details for Top Flite in .au?

I should hit them up for some contra.

If it's good enough to Gloriana (Jones) and Lawsy....

amanda
8th October 2004, 01:24 PM
It was kind of odd listening to the Sydney feed while I waited to go on air. Apparently there were troubles on the M5 this morning.
This isn't uncommon - the M5 is always problematic in peak hour!

Jono
8th October 2004, 06:28 PM
Bruce,

I heard your segment driving to work. Pure golf ... I mean pure gold, mate. :lol: Good material, and great delivery. You should have sneaked in the name of our forum in there ... :)

Bruce
12th October 2004, 05:03 PM
Got my Cage Pack today.

Contents:
"Gangland Style" in size "L" - presumably this means Large pixie or something as it doesn't even come close to fitting my usually size L torso.
The Cage with Peter Powers CD - this is a ***en hoot.
Scared Weird Little Guys CD
5 MMM bumper stickers.

Could have been worse.