PDA

View Full Version : Aus PGA Coolum Dec 6th-9th

Eag's
26th November 2007, 10:58 AM
I am heading up to the PGA again this year to watch how this game is supposed to be played. If anyone is interested in joining me, I will be going Fri the 7th & Sat the 8th. Some big name players teeing it up again this year the likes of Adam Scott, Rory Sabbatini, JB Holmes, Appleby, Lonard etc...

It is always inspiring to watch these blokes up close and get a real appreciation of how good their ball striking is.

AndyP
26th November 2007, 11:00 AM
I keep saying next year, and I'll say it again. :roll: I'm already committed to a trip to Toowoomba that weekend.

BrisVegas
26th November 2007, 11:04 AM
I've enjoyed this in years past, but we're up at Gympie all that weekend, so can't make it. It's getting harder to palm the kids off to rellies too now that there are two of them!

markTHEblake
26th November 2007, 01:42 PM
The Jaster Memorial has overriding priority on this one, by a long shot.

Eag's
26th November 2007, 01:52 PM
The Jaster Memorial has overriding priority on this one, by a long shot.

Of course it does Blake, I am working on the Sun so can't make the trip to Toowoomba.

senecio
26th November 2007, 02:25 PM
This will be the first year in the last 4 that I won't be able to get up there.

Bloody exams!! :smt013

Moe Norman
26th November 2007, 08:12 PM
i got a resounding no from the Mrs - probably because we are moving house that week!

Jarro
26th November 2007, 08:14 PM
I'm working those dates (again) :roll:

However, i'll try and see if i can get a shiftchange and come up on the Saturday ... i missed this the last couple of years and would really like to try and get there this year :)

Is Badds.com playing in this ?

Eag's
26th November 2007, 08:20 PM
I'm working those dates (again) :roll:

However, i'll try and see if i can get a shiftchange and come up on the Saturday ... i missed this the last couple of years and would really like to try and get there this year :)

Is Badds.com playing in this ?

Mate it would be great if you could make it this year.
I don't think Badds is playing though :( but plenty of other top players will be :smt023

Jarro
26th November 2007, 08:26 PM
No probs Eags .. i'll do my best to get there this year :roll:

poidda
27th November 2007, 10:31 AM
Yeah Eags, I might try and get to this on the Saturday. What's the cost?

Eag's
27th November 2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah Eags, I might try and get to this on the Saturday. What's the cost?

Mate you can get tickets at the gate for $20 or purchase your tickets before Dec 6 and get them for $10
http://www.coolum.com.au/display_cathome.asp?catid=446&cattype=2

3oneday
27th November 2007, 11:15 AM
Is Badds.com playing in this ?to see him, or his wife ? :p

markTHEblake
27th November 2007, 03:52 PM
Of course it does Blake, I am working on the Sun so can't make the trip to Toowoomba.

Sorry, it was a dumb thing for me to say. :oops:

Jarro
27th November 2007, 05:09 PM
to see him, or his wife ? :p

Well, i'd like to see some S&T in the flesh from him, and some S&M from his missus ;)

I have just learned I have a meeting at Coolum on the Thrusday..6th.
I should be wrapped up by 2 and might spend the arvo at the tourney.
Should be able to lay my hands on some free tickets too.

Take one for the team if you have to Dick :smt023

BrisVegas
6th December 2007, 11:12 AM
I see Ryan Haller is -4 on day 1. Our notorious punter & bunter has money on him at 300-1. Giddyup!

Eag's
6th December 2007, 01:52 PM
Some good scoring on day one, can't wait to get up there tomorrow and check out the action :D
Simm 65, Parry, Richard Green, and JB Holmes 66, Adam Scott 67
Dion, Ryan Haller ended up shooting 70
http://www.foxsports.com.au/golf/

perci
6th December 2007, 07:46 PM
What happened to Sabbatini? on the Radio when they said he was -4 after 6 I thought he would shoot something pretty special!

3oneday
6th December 2007, 10:27 PM
What happened to Sabbatini? on the Radio when they said he was -4 after 6 I thought he would shoot something pretty special!maybe someone heckled him and he spat it !!!

Oh sorry, wrong tosser ;)

rick3003
6th December 2007, 10:54 PM
What happened to apples? First round of 78.

Grunt
7th December 2007, 07:29 AM
What happened to apples? First round of 78.

He had a couple of shocker holes at the end of his round, 2 or 3 double bogies.

BrisVegas
7th December 2007, 09:02 AM
How good is Lonard at Coolum!? I wouldn't bet against him, that's for sure.

Grunt
7th December 2007, 04:05 PM
Just lost coverage here, bloody storms. No Sat signal.

Eag's
7th December 2007, 09:07 PM
Had a top day at Coolum today with nice small crowds and plenty of vantage points. Some observations from the day - Leaney is one slow mofo :shock: a few times today both Parry & Bowditch were doing this :roll: :roll:

I heard them mutter a few FFS's to their caddys :lol: Bowditch, Holmes & Gore can all absolutely smash the ball a long ****ing way :shock: :shock:
Players all tee the ball a lot lower than you imagine and hit the ball very high.
Most players I saw today were hitting a fade or just dead straight.

Richard Green has the best rythem I have ever seen no matter what club is in his hand. There were some stunners in the crowd following Scott ;)
Heading up again tomorrow and expect the crowd numbers to be a lot bigger, so will pick the groups I want to follow carefully.

Jarro will be joining me tomorrow so should be even more fun :smt023

Grunt
7th December 2007, 09:11 PM
Had a good look for you Eag's, no luck. Will look out for the 2 of you on the TV tomorrow.

Moe Norman
7th December 2007, 09:16 PM
Eags,

How many blokes were hitting driver on 15 and carrying the water?

Just JB, Bowditch and Kurt Barnes, or a few more?

Jarro
7th December 2007, 09:19 PM
I'm sure one of the guys at work told me that Holmes hit driver/PW to a par 5 today :shock:

Can't wait to see the big boys in action tomorrow 8)

Eag's
7th December 2007, 09:22 PM
Eags,

Mate no idea, I camped out at a spot between the 13 & 17th tees in the nice cool shade. I saw Bowditch hit driver, driver into the 8th and hit it to 20 feet just on the fringe, they were 2 almighty hits :D

Moe Norman
7th December 2007, 09:30 PM
Jarro,

That would have been into the 12th, even I can knock a 4 iron on there.

Hitting driver off the back tees on 15 though - now THAT is a big hit. I hit driver off those back tees and don't get to the water!

goughy
7th December 2007, 10:42 PM
Can you guys get around Rory and try and make him lose his cool! Dad said the commentators were just waiting for him to blow it 'cause the aussie crowds won't be so kind and will give it to him. Would be cool to see.

He said that a roo got in his vision during a swing and he looked like he was gonna chase it down and go at it with a club! Actually Jarro, do you qantas guys have any more of those camel outfits that you were driving around the runways in?

senecio
7th December 2007, 10:51 PM
Eags,

I didn't see how he did it, but Holmes made a double on 15 today.

In my trips up there, I've never seen anyone take on 15. Most hit a 3-wood lay-up, or hybrid/2-iron for the longer hitters.

I saw Bowditch hit driver, driver into the 8th and hit it to 20 feet just on the fringe, they were 2 almighty hits :grin:

Scott Hend hit Driver/6-iron into a headwind to the 8th last year. He was 6 over and no chance of making the cut at the time, so I think there was a little frustration being let out.;)

Jarro
8th December 2007, 07:21 AM
****ing rain !!!!!!!!!!!

:(

Eag's
8th December 2007, 07:23 AM
Damn straight mate, was looking forward to heading back up there again today :(

Moe Norman
8th December 2007, 10:07 AM
I didn't see how he did it, but Holmes made a double on 15 today.

In my trips up there, I've never seen anyone take on 15. Most hit a 3-wood lay-up, or hybrid/2-iron for the longer hitters.

Scott Hend hit Driver/6-iron into a headwind to the 8th last year. He was 6 over and no chance of making the cut at the time, so I think there was a little frustration being let out.;)

I've seen Scot Hend and Kurt Barnes both clear the water from the back tees, I've seen Adam Scott have a go and land right in the middle of the piss.

I'd imagine JB would easily be able to get over it and probably Bowditch as well - it's certainly an almighty hit!

rick3003
9th December 2007, 07:33 PM
Who won?

goughy
9th December 2007, 07:39 PM
Golf!

Grunt
9th December 2007, 07:57 PM
P Lonard 20 Under.