PDA

View Full Version : WINN Grips

3oneday
21st November 2007, 08:18 PM
Anyone ever had trouble with WINN grips corroding, deteriorating, falling apart even ?

Have a gander at this one, the last pic is the bag it came in, like it was sweaty....

Anyway, it was a new grip :(:

Jarro
21st November 2007, 08:20 PM
Bugger :(

3oneday
21st November 2007, 08:23 PM
Yes, sort of ruined my evening :(

Eag's
21st November 2007, 08:30 PM
Looks like it had been kept in the crack of some blokes arse ;)

3oneday
21st November 2007, 08:38 PM
Hadn't thought of that !!

:smt078

Courty
21st November 2007, 10:25 PM
I think the grip on my Yes! putter is a Winn. It also looks like that, but only after being in the bag for a number of months.

kpac
21st November 2007, 10:30 PM
2 rounds and 2 range sesions with the new set on my pings and the 8 irons (most used) is now useless, crumbling apart, i've been told i do have too strong a grip :(

Eag's
21st November 2007, 10:37 PM
2 rounds and 2 range sesions with the new set on my pings and the 8 irons (most used) is now useless, crumbling apart, i've been told i do have too strong a grip :(

You are a monster Kent, remind me not to arm wrestle you ;)

Bruce
21st November 2007, 10:41 PM

I wondered where the bruises came from after the spooning.

BrisVegas
22nd November 2007, 01:29 PM
Winn grips are shite IMHO. They're not firm enough to maintain their size and deteriorate way too quickly. I stick with Tour Velvets. Soft, tacky and can last for years.

mikezone13
22nd November 2007, 01:47 PM
Winn grips are shite IMHO. They're not firm enough to maintain their size and deteriorate way too quickly. I stick with Tour Velvets. Soft, tacky and can last for years.

Off topic... Star Grips are the way to go... one season of golf and still like new (about 50 rounds), not to mention awesome tackniess in wet/sweaty conditions and extremely tight QA tolerances.

On topic... that Winn grip looks effed ;)

dc68
22nd November 2007, 01:51 PM

:-s

Jarro
22nd November 2007, 01:57 PM

Must be getting pretty crowded in there :shock:

3oneday
22nd November 2007, 02:13 PM
Off topic... Star Grips are the way to go... putter grips ?

I wouldn't reckon I would wear out a putter grip at all, for one reason or another :oops: but this was basically out of the bag like that, first install !

mikezone13
22nd November 2007, 02:15 PM
putter grips ?

I wouldn't reckon I would wear out a putter grip at all, for one reason or another :oops: but this was basically out of the bag like that, first install !

Yeah I even have a star putter grip on a scotty.

So do you pick up before you get a chance to putt? ;)

AndyP
22nd November 2007, 02:15 PM
How sticky do you need a putter grip? I have a Winn grip on mine and it looks very shitty. I can't see how it would affect my putting, like it could with full swing shots though.

3oneday
22nd November 2007, 02:18 PM
So do you pick up before you get a chance to putt? ;)haven't picked up for 15 years.

How sticky do you need a putter grip? I have a Winn grip on mine and it looks very shitty. I can't see how it would affect my putting, like it could with full swing shots though.The WINN grip I had on my Craz-e was fine, I wasn't really expecting tackiness, this one was come away in your hand tacky though ! :lol:

mikezone13
22nd November 2007, 02:25 PM
How sticky do you need a putter grip? I have a Winn grip on mine and it looks very shitty. I can't see how it would affect my putting, like it could with full swing shots though.

Honestly I didn't notice it was a putter grip first up, so the tacky comment was about star grips for irons/woods.

My star putter grip definitely isn't 'tacky' in the true sense of the word. ;)

mikezone13
22nd November 2007, 02:26 PM
haven't picked up for 15 years.

Not even in a stab fest? If that's true you really are my hero.... :mrgreen:

3oneday
22nd November 2007, 10:13 PM
Sorry, didn't realise you were talking golf.

mikezone13
23rd November 2007, 07:55 AM
Sorry, didn't realise you were talking golf.
:lol: :smt038 :smt023

v205
27th November 2007, 12:24 AM
Anyone else prefer the wrap style grips? (ie. Golf Pride Tour Wraps).

I still prefer the feel of the wrap style over the popular velvet and newer dual compound stuff.

Jarro
27th November 2007, 06:31 AM
I love the dual compounds myself .... i need to get my left hand more roughed up .... keep them both balanced if you know what i mean ;)

3oneday
27th November 2007, 07:37 AM
i need to get my left hand more roughed up .... keep them both balanced if you know what i mean ;)wanker

mikezone13
27th November 2007, 08:12 AM
Anyone else prefer the wrap style grips? (ie. Golf Pride Tour Wraps).

I still prefer the feel of the wrap style over the popular velvet and newer dual compound stuff.

Yep, I've got the Star Tour Wrap's on my irons and before that used the Lamkin wraps, agree it seems to feel much better.