Gross Winner - BrisVegas
Prizes won by markTHEblake

Champs R/U - peter_rs

4. 36-hole r/up Gross - markTHEblake
Prizes won by poidda (?)

5. Saturday winner - poidda

6. Sunday Winner - peter_rs
Prizes won by kpac (?)

7. Best team at Champs (36 hole nett, best 3 of 4 scores) - ?

8. Men's Long drive Saturday - peter_rs

9. Women's Long Drive Sunday 1 - Gael

10. Men's Long drive Sunday - BrisVegas

11. Women's Long Drive Sunday 2 - Flowergirl

12. Saturday R/U - BrisVegas.
Prize won by Rusty

13. Sunday R/U - BrisVegas

14. NTP Saturday x 4
5th - 990BLuva
8th - AndyP
14th - PeteyD
17th - PeteyD

15. NTP Sunday x 4
5th - dc68
8th - Courty
14th - 990BLuva
17th - senecio

16. NAGA - Keza_G

17. Blueballs - Choppa

18. dummy spit - Choppa

Congratulations to most, and commiserations to some.

Let me know the ones I don't know, I'm unsure of or have wrong.

Jarro
18th November 2007, 07:15 PM
Nice work Peter ... and Peter 8)

Moe Norman
18th November 2007, 07:18 PM
choppa clearly had a few drinks Saturday night?

Jarro
18th November 2007, 07:19 PM
choppa clearly had a few drinks Saturday night?

He didn't appear to have any more than everyone else .... he's just a skirt and will cop plenty for this display of wussism :roll:

Moe Norman
18th November 2007, 07:23 PM
no other surprises at the bottom of the leaderboard though....:smt079

did Choppa not play today, or did the toys come out of the cot?

NCR in Stab is a skirts effort indeed.

senecio
18th November 2007, 07:25 PM
He never made it to the first tee.

markTHEblake
18th November 2007, 07:30 PM
Its not an NCR, he just had 18 wipes.

goughy
18th November 2007, 07:33 PM
I heard whispers about a bit of a mess down the side of his bed! Can't wait for the explanation; bet KV can't wait for it either!

gazgolf1
18th November 2007, 07:37 PM
Nice shootin Dion. :)

Fishman Dan
18th November 2007, 07:37 PM
Where's that betting thread. 1mill @ 10-1 thanks bookie!

Well done Dion.

mikezone13
18th November 2007, 07:38 PM
Surprisingly the scores got better on day 2 rather than getting worse after the big amount of piss you blokes/sheilas must've drunk.

Was it nerves on day 1 or getting used to the course/greens etc that had the improvement on most people's scores?

Well done all, wish I could've been there!

senecio
18th November 2007, 07:55 PM
I can't speak for the rest of them, but I think I found a new swing at the bottom of a can of scotch and dry. I was damn happy with an 11 shot improvement.

From memory I think that was the first time I've ever played to my handicap in an Ozgolf event. :smt023

Eag's
18th November 2007, 08:12 PM
Well done Dion :smt038
Chopps, harden the **** up ;)

goughy
18th November 2007, 08:13 PM
Some course knowledge on day 2 helped. No one in our group on Saturday had played KV, and sometimes we were driving like 1/3 of the way down the fairway just to find out which way to go.

Granted my scores were the same both days.

And I didn't find my swing in the bottom of a scotch and dry can, but dang if I didn't mind looking in them for it saturday night ;)

phoeno
18th November 2007, 08:15 PM
Congrats BrisVegas and Peter_RS on your success and well done to all of those who organised and played in it.

markTHEblake
18th November 2007, 09:40 PM
If there was ever a time to justify an Ozgolf Handicap system - heres the evidence.

The ACR for Kooralbyn Blue tees is 75 - 3 over Par. Granted some of the tees were not quite so far back but thats not something easily measured, and IMHO, stuff all difference.

Thus Brisvegas played 14 strokes under his handicap - BURGLAR.
by the way that is a 2.8 handicap reduction.

Peter RS played 12 Strokes under, thats 3.6 reduction

Poidda lost 2.0 strokes for his saturday round.

I suggest that for any future Ozgolf rounds, the above players receive the above manual handicap adjustments - for life.

And Honest Goughy was the only Ozgolfer to play to his handicap - we should have a new award - the Honest Ozgolfer.

Keza_G
19th November 2007, 04:56 AM
no other surprises at the bottom of the leaderboard though....:smt079

On that note, I would like to thank Jack for the quality DVD's :smt023 :mrgreen:

Webster
19th November 2007, 05:19 AM
You are very welcome Keza.

What about the other "awards" winners. I hear a little whisper that I may have picked up one of the more prestigeous trophies?

amanda
19th November 2007, 05:28 AM
Congrats to all! Sounds like it was an interesting weekend

Jarro
19th November 2007, 05:48 AM
What about the other "awards" winners. I hear a little whisper that I may have picked up one of the more prestigeous trophies?

We put Scarfie on a plane to deliver it personally too.

It was the most unpopular award of the whole afternoon .... which was met of course with the appropriate response from the gathered crowd.

Webster
19th November 2007, 05:56 AM
We put Scarfie on a plane to deliver it personally too.

It was the most unpopular award of the whole afternoon .... which was met of course with the appropriate response from the gathered crowd.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

goughy
19th November 2007, 06:48 AM
I cheered for ya Jackie!

Onewood
19th November 2007, 07:07 AM
Well done to all 40 very impresive turn out
only thing missing was a couple of good sledgers in the leading groups :)
Well done Dion and Keza_G, making up the numbers is just as important as winning :)

goughy
19th November 2007, 07:14 AM
I'm pretty stoked with a top 10 finish. Woo Hoo!!!

Choppa
19th November 2007, 07:30 AM
Nice work Dion, wish I could have been there to see it.

Sorry to everyone, especially 69, for being so pathetic. I didn't think I was that bad on Saturday night, but I was that sick that I even have to have today off work. I think this is a lesson to all of us. Don't let Choppa drink!!! God I suck...

goughy
19th November 2007, 07:43 AM
Was there anything wrong with your bed the following morning? We heard whispers, but some confirmation from the source would be good (and worth an extra laugh if true).

And you are a wuss! If you saw how sick the g-man looked at breakfast you'd be even more embarrassed. But he still got out there :)

And do ya think any of us are gonna try and stop you drinking? The end result is just too good a value! ;)

poidda
19th November 2007, 07:58 AM
Nice work Dion, wish I could have been there to see it.

Sorry to everyone, especially 69, for being so pathetic. I didn't think I was that bad on Saturday night, but I was that sick that I even have to have today off work. I think this is a lesson to all of us. Don't let Choppa drink!!! God I suck...

Yeah, and I blame you for my poor round on Sunday. If you had of been in the cart next to me, I would have felt much better about my own state. But as it turned out, Vegas and Rusty, just made me feel like a drunken fool. Them and the young lass at the halfway house who greated me with "which one of smells like beer?" And this was before I'd had one! :roll:

Cheers for the game to all my partners. And nice shooting Vegas.

AndyP
19th November 2007, 08:29 AM
Blakey, you missed Rusty in the handicap drop.

The expected suspects are up the top in poidda, Rusty, kpac, but Vegas & peter_rs were the surprise. Well done guys.

BrisVegas
19th November 2007, 08:34 AM
We had 5 players beat their handicaps for two rounds. That makes KV a better venue than anywhere else we've played in my books.

PeteyD
19th November 2007, 10:20 AM
Yes surprisingly Jackmay have something ;) And I have some DVDs to watch thanks to the only 2 golf shots I played on the weekend :D. I am thinking another Champs at KV would go down well with everyone.

AndyP
19th November 2007, 12:34 PM
I don't have any of this written down, so this is off the top of my head and I'm not sure with it all.

Champs prizes - Players only eligible for ONE of the first 6 prizes

OZgolf Champion - BrisVegas

Gross Winner - BrisVegas
Prizes won by markTHEblake

Champs R/U - peter_rs

4. 36-hole r/up Gross - markTHEblake
Prizes won by poidda (?)

5. Saturday winner - poidda

6. Sunday Winner - peter_rs
Prizes won by kpac (?)

7. Best team at Champs (36 hole nett, best 3 of 4 scores) - ? [My team was all over this if it was all 4 scores: AndyP, poidda, Rusty, Eag's]

8. Men's Long drive Saturday - peter_rs (?)

9. Women's Long Drive Sunday 1 - Gael

10. Men's Long drive Sunday - ?

11. Women's Long Drive Sunday 2 - Flowergirl (Did you just win your own prize back?)

12. Saturday R/U - BrisVegas.
Prize won by Rusty (?)

13. Sunday R/U - BrisVegas (****, this guy is good)
Prize won by ?

14. NTP Saturday x 4
5th - 990BLuva
8th - AndyP (first prize in 4 years, I believe)
14th - PeteyD (?)
17th - PeteyD (?)

15. NTP Sunday x 4
5th - dc68
8th - Courty
14th - ?
17th - ?

16. NAGA - Keza_G

17. Blueballs - Choppa

18. dummy spit - Choppa

Congratulations to most, and commiserations to some.

Let me know the ones I don't know, I'm unsure of or have wrong.

BrisVegas
19th November 2007, 12:39 PM
I got these written down at home, I'll update tonight.

peter_rs
19th November 2007, 02:28 PM
Thats what 2 x rounds of stab will do for you. I know i wouldn't of finished so high up if my 5 washes counted for something. The scores are around what i expected. I don't think it was necessary though to use the preferred lie on sunday because even at brookwater i drew some bad lies on a 'resort' fairway. Having said that the 2 x rounds of stab off the blues provides a good format where anyone can win.

We are a social group afterall and i still wouldn't mind to have one stroke round even if there is a 'mercy 10' rule applied.

In wrap up, it there's changes i think everyone should know. Two things that i've found out since, 1 x group played stroke on sunday (their own fault cuz they obviously didn't read the thread), at least 2 groups didn't know it was preferred lie.

BrisVegas
19th November 2007, 02:40 PM
I don't think it was necessary though to use the preferred lie on sunday

I totally disagree with you there. The fairways were rock hard, and patchy at best. Not to mention the little ant hill things everywhere. It brought luck too much into the equation. I don't think someone who hits a good tee shot onto the fairway should be punished by having to play off a rocky, bare lie or from a fluffy pile of ant slurry. I believe the members were playing preferred lies, why should we be punished? I'm not saying I don't like the venue. I do, a lot. But we have to be realistic and make it a preferred lies thru the green if the condition is like that.

shazza_rs
19th November 2007, 03:02 PM
I think if it needs to be preferred lie make it preferred lie on fairways only..... if you hit in the rough or worse then you should be penalised.

3oneday
19th November 2007, 03:22 PM
I think if it needs to be preferred lie make it preferred lie on fairways only..... if you hit in the rough or worse then you should be penalised.agreed, shit lies on fairways suck, but you shouldn't be able to take advantage of a nice fluffy lie in the rough :)

PeteyD
19th November 2007, 03:28 PM
I think thru the green stops the 'Is it in the fairway?' arguments for the edges, particularly when the condition is still coming out of a drought like it was, with no sharply defined edges to the fairways (take 16 for example, where did the fairway end and rough start prior to the hazard on the right?) and also prefered lie on the adjacent fairway but not just off the edge of the correct fairway? There was not much in the way of nice fluffy lies in the KV rough, I can assure you of that :D

peter_rs
19th November 2007, 03:40 PM
Sorry Dion, it personial view. It all depends on your home course I think. After so many rounds at riverlakes, city, wantima I don't have a problem with hard lies. I have more issuse with soft fairways like the Ridge, windaroo and brooky.

I got more bad lies at brooky in one round then 2 at KV. yes a bad lie is bad luck but part of the game adjust for it.

It must depend who you ask when I talked to the proshop during the week about the BBQ the pro said no preferred lies when asked (as per my post and everyone agreed, Our guys played the day before without issue). The normal sign was not out (that I noticed) for members that I have seen on copper head days (member comps both days).

If you play preferred lie play it the corret fairway only.

away congrats to all on a fun weekend.

markTHEblake
19th November 2007, 04:27 PM
There was a Local rule board at the halfway house (great spot for it). Amongst other things Ant Hills and bare patches were classed as Abnormal ground conditions.

Interesting that because the ant hills were usually in clusters only a a few inches apart in the rough, the golfer would obviously take a drop a fair distance from the original posittion and most likely that would be on the fairway.

markTHEblake
19th November 2007, 04:28 PM
Oh, and I need to lodge a protest regarding the results. Someone wanna check the numbers to see who should have won the Gross and Runner Up prizes again. :-k

AndyP
19th November 2007, 04:33 PM
After Vegas.
dc68 for gross on countback, billybaub runner up prizes?

peter_rs
19th November 2007, 04:51 PM
8.right
10. dion
12.right
13. prize to dion I think...
14.right
15.14-990b,17-ryan

MTB I will check later but on the mod stab scores cal (scored stab-(2xhcp)) you agreed on-> MTB,Billy Baub & DC68 had 55pts. Vegas had 64. So the title is right but the prize may have gone to the wrong person... have to check the count back.

markTHEblake
19th November 2007, 05:03 PM
No countback, a gross event is always a playoff anyway :-)

a mistake was made and you need to encourage the prizewinner to give the beautiful looking carton of crownies back. So we can split it, or all three turn up to the next Ozgolf day and play for it.

Or get each of the three to submit the exact gross stableford score, as anyone who wiped a hole with a shot would have had a different score than the one we calculated, and therefore work it out properly.

What is at stake is a Carton of Crownies, and an Ozgolf Shirt XL. And runner up was a Koorabyn Hat.

PeteyD
19th November 2007, 05:13 PM
Apologies for any error in the scoring, from both of us. Runner Up Gross was forgotted about in all the hubub of getting the initial scoring right.

Dion was also most gracious in passing the runner up prize he qualified for to allow someone else a win.

peter_rs
19th November 2007, 05:28 PM
hence I said I would check it. gross implies stroke anyway:wink: .. it should have been dropped in the two stab round format it was a after though sunday arvo.

We don't have cards any more (may be a mistake) and no one is going to remember 36 gross scores right....

BrisVegas
19th November 2007, 08:03 PM
I must admit I wasn't paying too much attention, as I was pretty embarrassed to have won so much. Sorry if I screwed anything up.

Flowergirl
19th November 2007, 08:30 PM
Yes I did win my own prize - but I gave it to Gael and she gave me some of the beauty products - not that I need them:mrgreen:

But hey - I also won a pair of great golf shoes - I'm happy.:mrgreen: Thanks Billie.

Oh and I am doubly happy cos my weekend score was better than the Juggernaughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PeteyD
19th November 2007, 08:32 PM
Reenie - your highlight was threatening to give Tezza back his old smile for calling you something that starts with o

Flowergirl
19th November 2007, 08:35 PM
Reenie - your highlight was threatening to give Tezza back his old smile for calling you something that starts with o

Doesn't he look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hot stuff:smt060 And yes it was a good jibe wasn't it. :smt023

peter_rs
21st November 2007, 10:23 AM
Ok so I'm at work today.... time to address the *** up with gross scores.

With the spread sheet used only stab results were noted. With the formula used to cal gross stab = hcp stab - (2xhcp) as a guide. MTB,DC and BB all had 55 points (sorry BB I didn't even think to look at your score). It was given to MTB because he had the least washes.

I have redone the results removing the shots on the correct holes. Its not true gross but it gives a different result, and the best we have.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8697/36068250rx3.jpg

The top is the stab scores with hcp the bottom I have take the shots of the holes (fingers crossed :)).

So Notes
-Dion still wins
-So next year we may have to refine gross as gross stab or all stroke scores need to be recorded (why play stab).
-Are the results announced at the CHAMPS finial? Or does MTB owe DC beer?

Grunt
21st November 2007, 11:49 AM
Isn't it just easier to have a Normal stab and a Gross Stab. Gross stab calculated off a stableford score where the player is off scratch. If someone blows out it is still no points.
Or is this just another argument that stab is not a favoured game. On Monday I was talking to Pete & Scarfie that Stab is the most common form of game down here (NSW) in comps. Stroke is only played as monthly medal and Champs series. Pete told me that it was the opposite up there and stoke is the most common.

AndyP
21st November 2007, 12:17 PM
This hole by hole stuff requires too much work.

poidda
21st November 2007, 12:21 PM
This hole by hole stuff requires too much work.

I agree. My head hurts. Just take the handicap off the total points.

ie, I had 43,30 for a total of 73-handicap(2*11) = 51 gross'ish points.

Vegas had 41,39 for a total of 80-handicap(2*8) = 54 gross'ish points.

kpac
21st November 2007, 12:23 PM
that smilie almost looks intended ;)

Grunt
That is basically the easiest option. Scoring your card off scratch is not that hard and to be honest the ones with a chance at it are only a few of us. Someone off any more than 12 would not really be in the hunt.

AndyP
Vegas had 41,39 for a total of 80-handicap(2*8) = 54 gross'ish points.By your maths, BV has one less medal now. 8-) Can i have it?

dc68
If we are not going to play any stroke in future I would recommend dropping the "gross" prize.

AndyP
21st November 2007, 12:25 PM
Maybe the "gross" prize should be awarded to the person who performs the most disgusting act over the weekend. Congratulations dc, it's all yours.

Grunt
21st November 2007, 12:26 PM
Gross can still be there, just the majority of us are playing for the net aren't we?

Jarro
21st November 2007, 12:27 PM
Maybe the "gross" prize should be awarded to the person who performs the most disgusting act over the weekend. Congratulations dc, it's all yours.

Is that a challenge ??

Eag's
21st November 2007, 12:35 PM

I beg to differ, Chopps attempt at redecorating the bedspread in his room would get my award :razz:

Moe Norman
21st November 2007, 01:17 PM
Gross is easily worked out, just use the same system as Golf Link.

If you are off 10 and have 36 points, you shot 82.

If you are off 5 and have 41 points, you shot 72.

And so on. It's not perfect science, but its the simplest and most accurate way to do it. Considering its used to work out the gross prize, there probably won't be too many wipes anyway as your dealing with the scores of the low markers generally.

BrisVegas
21st November 2007, 01:41 PM
yep, what moe said.

don't do away with the gross. It's the prize that better players try for each year.

AndyP
21st November 2007, 02:09 PM
Pfffft. A single capper has won the Champs 3 out of 4 times. BV had the highest handicap since Iain won in the first year.

But I agree, keep the gross. It's on the honour board too.

markTHEblake
21st November 2007, 04:39 PM
11+15 doesnt = 31

I have redone the results removing the shots on the correct holes. Its not true gross but it gives a different result, and the best we have.

It is true gross, there is no rule anywhere that says a stableford event has to use handicaps. :-)

There is an easy solution to this managment issue;
- a funky spreadsheet can work it out, or
- anyone who thinks they are in contention for the gross, writes how many gross stableford points that he has in the Gross results box.

No brainer really.

Courty
21st November 2007, 04:50 PM
Peter_RS, unless my eyes deceive me (quite possible), it appears that the Vardon isn't listed in the first post. Can you please add it?

AndyP
21st November 2007, 05:45 PM
It's not a Champs result. Neither is POTY or MIP, which is why my edit left them out.

Courty
21st November 2007, 06:36 PM
It's not a Champs result. Neither is POTY or MIP, which is why my edit left them out.

Yeah, but they were all announced and awarded at the Champs...

AndyP
21st November 2007, 06:38 PM
But the people that didn't play the Champs mightn't even look in here. Why not use the thread you have for it?

Courty
21st November 2007, 06:40 PM
But the people that didn't play the Champs mightn't even look in here. Why not use the thread you have for it?

I already have announced it in the Vardon thread. But I wanted to spread the word as I'm not even sure if Choppa is aware that he won it. :???:

AndyP
21st November 2007, 06:49 PM
There you go. If he reads your post, he will be aware.

Courty
21st November 2007, 06:51 PM
:roll:

peter_rs
21st November 2007, 07:03 PM
Gross is easily worked out, just use the same system as Golf Link.

If you are off 10 and have 36 points, you shot 82.

If you are off 5 and have 41 points, you shot 72.

And so on. It's not perfect science, but its the simplest and most accurate way to do it. Considering its used to work out the gross prize, there probably won't be too many wipes anyway as your dealing with the scores of the low markers generally.

The point was moe on using either system 3 people tied.
-golflink method 161 stroke total
-gross stab 55 pts

hence the hole by hole break down.

AndyP
21st November 2007, 07:08 PM
Despite what Blakey says, I would've just done countback on the 2nd round.

markTHEblake
21st November 2007, 07:32 PM
hence the hole by hole break down.

And thats how it should have been done. but it wasnt because the mistake was made when overlooking DC and BB's scores.

thinking on the fly in the heat of the champs, i figured that if golfers had wiped holes with a stroke they would have had less points, where in fact it is the opposite. But I deny any responsibility, silly thing to ask me important questions after a double bogey.

have you fixed the adding mistakes yet, and dunno why you said I owe DC the beers, when it seems BillyBob won it.

Moe Norman
21st November 2007, 07:33 PM
then countback is the logocal answer, isn't that how a nett tie would be decided too?

markTHEblake
21st November 2007, 07:35 PM
nope, cos there is no tie that needs counting back.

Moe Norman
21st November 2007, 08:03 PM
MTB. There is a tie for second place in Gross scoring.

I just did a simple spreadsheet to calculate gross 'stroke' scores, only entered a few scores. Apologies if I missed a contender.

Vegas 152
BB 161
DC 161
MTB 161
Poidda 165
AP 169
Peter_Rs 172

Moe Norman
21st November 2007, 08:05 PM
would be a good idea to attach it!

markTHEblake
21st November 2007, 08:12 PM

there is no tie, because you cant work out a gross accurately by taking a handicap off the stableford points. This is what we did on the day, and the two muppets in charge said I was about 6 in front of the next person so it didnt matter to work it out closer. However I lodged the 'protest' a couple of people were overlooked.

PeterRS has worked out the actual gross stableford points from the hole by hole scores. That is what we played, not a fictional Stroke score.

shazza_rs
22nd November 2007, 08:38 AM

I just did a simple spreadsheet to calculate gross 'stroke' scores, only entered a few scores. Apologies if I missed a contender.

Vegas 152
BB 161
DC 161
MTB 161
Poidda 165
AP 169
Peter_Rs 172

Moe I had already posted the golf link method. see post 76

shazza_rs
22nd November 2007, 08:41 AM
MTB the table in post 53 was updated.

BV 64
DC 57
BB 56
MTB 55

markTHEblake
22nd November 2007, 08:45 AM
Cool. dave needs to come and get his carton of crownies and shirt before it gets drunk.

AndyP
22nd November 2007, 08:55 AM
And what does billybaub get?

BrisVegas
29th July 2008, 12:36 PM
so, are we going to do the simple (Moe's suggestion) method for working out the gross scores this year?? ie. not working it out hole by hole...

eg. 10 hcapper has 40 points = 68 nett + 10 hcap = 78 gross

markTHEblake
29th July 2008, 04:52 PM
And what does billybaub get?

stuffed if i know. i have asked 10 times (some in a roundabout fashion) and nobody has told me yet.

markTHEblake
29th July 2008, 04:56 PM
so, are we going to do the simple (Moe's suggestion) method for working out the gross scores this year?? ie. not working it out hole by hole...

eg. 10 hcapper has 40 points = 68 nett + 10 hcap = 78 gross

the gross score is written on the scorecard, just use it.

Last year Peteyd entered all the gross scores hole by hole on his funky spreadsheet, including the stroke index, so it calculate the Stableford points. Would take him 2 seconds, to add Gross Stableford.

Or simply play it out if you wanna win the gross. Its not as if a 25 hcapper has a chance :-)

BrisVegas
30th July 2008, 07:03 AM
forget i asked. thanks as usual blake.