PDA

View Full Version : Travel Tips to Kooralbyn

markTHEblake
15th November 2007, 12:21 PM
This applies to those travelling from the Gold Coast.

If you are using a GPS, and mapping software or study the UBD books, you will be led across a crappy windy dirt track between Canungra and Beaudesert, its called Nerang Beaudesert Rd.

Refer to attached Image. Do not take the Left hand turn I have marked with an X which is a few minutes north of Canungra. Continue North along the green route.

Its 7km longer but a 100km rd, verses 40km on a potholed dirt track, the longer way is quicker.

It doesnt become a dirt track until you are about 500m into it, and is dirt for about half way across. The locals out that way I know, dont travel this route either. It really needs to be struck off the maps as it is no longer a main route.

If your gunna wing it, follow the signs in this order, Canungra, Beaudesert, Mt Lindesay Highway and then Kooralbyn.

Should be signs for Kooralbyn leading off the Mt Lindesay Hwy #13, dont think you will see any before that.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4094/kooralbynmapbz7.jpg

PeteyD
15th November 2007, 03:25 PM
You can see from the map that the rail line runs alongside the road after the Kooralbyn turnoff. If you are driving along next to the rail line for a couple of kilometers you missed the sign.

AndyP
15th November 2007, 03:44 PM
Where's Beaudesert on that map? Ilbogan? Is that a Blakey edit?

PeteyD
15th November 2007, 03:49 PM
that is where it is. no idea why it has that dumbass name

goughy
15th November 2007, 10:58 PM
OK, so which way do you guys from brissie go to get there. Rob will be driving on saturday and she'll wanna go to brissie rather than driving out to warwick. Do you take the logan motorway; what's the way to go.

I keep asking whereis but it gives me pretty zigzag ways to go. Gott be something easier from our way.

PeteyD
16th November 2007, 04:53 AM
goughy - Logan Motorway to Beaudesert Rd if you wanna go that way.

goughy
16th November 2007, 05:50 AM
Thx

goughy
16th November 2007, 05:57 AM
Why in the world would whereis tell me to take the mt lindsay hwy, then take the ramp off onto beaudesert rd then to get back onto the mt lindsay hwy again 500mtrs later! Idiots!

PeteyD
16th November 2007, 06:04 AM
it is the same road Goughy, the maps are just confused by the new bypasses.

goughy
16th November 2007, 06:43 AM
Fair enough. Just seemed odd.