PDA

View Full Version : Champs morning BBQ

kpac
13th November 2007, 07:46 PM
Quick decision required to see if i'm onto something here or not...

Offering to set up a morning BBQ on saturday before the champs to stick a couple of snags in the bellys before we take on the course. Would be a good chance for everyone to meet and chat before the game (as you wont see each other much out on the course. Check-in at the resort isn't till 2, but this way we'd have somewhere to mingle and a settling drink before the comp. I'd be happy to supply snags and bread, The portable BBQ is being looked at currenty.... I think if we set it up at the old driving range, or in a bit of space by the first tee (i'd be able to sus out somewhere on the friday), we'd be set, to see the groups off and hit a couple of range balls if necessary.
Can people vote to let me know if i should pursue this idea or not, just though with everyone driving and hour to get there and teeing off at lunch we'll all be hungry buggers by the time we get in.

+ the friday boy's need something to occupy/feed us on the saturday morn. :smt023
Let me know people

Trung
13th November 2007, 07:52 PM
I like this idea

happy to contribute to the cost

kpac
13th November 2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks trung, cost wont be much anyway... Just trying to figure out if it's worth the effort. With the tee times miles apart from the first group to the last I thought it'd be good to encourage everyone to be there to see every one off aswell.

scarfie1
13th November 2007, 07:55 PM
I'm keen

goughy
13th November 2007, 07:58 PM
I was hoping to get there about 10ish, so I'd be interested. Rob can't though. But who's worried about her anyway ;) :o

Grunt
13th November 2007, 08:14 PM
Sounds good, will try to get out there by 10.

PeteyD
13th November 2007, 08:44 PM
I voted no, but that is cos we get buffet breaky on sat morning :D

Eag's
13th November 2007, 08:47 PM
I voted no, but that is cos we get buffet breaky on sat morning :D

Sorry Kent but like PeteyD I voted no as I will still be stuffed from breaky ;)

kpac
13th November 2007, 08:58 PM
well you two whingers could still come and have a beer :roll:

Jarro
13th November 2007, 09:23 PM
Great idea redman ... lets do it !!!

I propose we have it set up near the praccy range. The smell of cooking snags will surely lead to a shank or two on the 1st tee otherwise ;)

shazza_rs
13th November 2007, 09:28 PM
great idea kpac.... we've got a portable bbq if poiddas falls through that we could bring along.

PeteyD
13th November 2007, 09:29 PM
the praccy range is over the road from the 1st tee gumby. We should probably have it near the carts where everyone will be milling around.

kpac
13th November 2007, 09:46 PM
I'll sus out a local on the friday, Wont have it right on the 1st obviously, but just neer there i think theres a bit of space where the 18th green use to be (? not sure will have to check) But seems that there's enough support so i'll give it a crack.

kpac
13th November 2007, 09:47 PM
thanks shaz, that'd be good, i'll let you know depending on what poidda decides

BrisVegas
13th November 2007, 10:13 PM
sounds great. as long as KV don't mind us settling in for a BBQ on their golf course.

markTHEblake
13th November 2007, 10:17 PM
Its worth the effort, do it. Who knows maybe people will start liking you as well.

BV is right, better ring em first.

poidda
13th November 2007, 11:55 PM
great idea kpac.... we've got a portable bbq if poiddas falls through that we could bring along.

If there's a more reliable sourse than me, than go for it. My mate just had a baby and we're planning to wet the babies head friday night. I'll go first reserve for Shaz, but more than happy to commit if need be.

(just don't want 40 hungry buggers wanting to stab me before I even arrive)

shazza_rs
14th November 2007, 09:34 AM
cool... we'll bring the BBQ along...

I'll be there early anyways as i've gotta hand out the nametags... even if i'm not teeing off til the 2nd last group...

kpac > at least you and i will be full of snags before we head out..... :)

peter_rs
14th November 2007, 09:48 AM
Just a note....

KV is off preferred lie :)

The BBQ is ok, they would prefer the hill to the left of the carts but flexible.

sorry for cutting in kpac just planning

dc68
14th November 2007, 09:58 AM
What Petey and Eags said.

BrisVegas
14th November 2007, 10:01 AM
Just a note....

that should help lower the scores.

poidda
14th November 2007, 10:09 AM
Just a note....

I wouldn't get to excited Pete. It's probably fairways only which wont affect you! :lol:

peter_rs
14th November 2007, 10:11 AM
In August preferred lie in was through the course.... Any way I still get preferred lie if I'm on the wrong fairway ;)

kpac
14th November 2007, 04:47 PM
Just a note....

The BBQ is ok, they would prefer the hill to the left of the carts but flexible.

sorry for cutting in kpac just planning

no worries mate, thanks for helping out...
Need to run another poll to see what people want to eat ;) , or are we all happy with snags??? optional onions of course...

I'll be in contact with you pete/shaz, and i'll have a look at where i recon is best on Friday.. Anyone else with suggestions speak up, or forever eat sausages...

Jarro
14th November 2007, 04:53 PM
Steak would be nice ;)

I'm more than happy to contribute financially as well kent :mrgreen:

BrisVegas
14th November 2007, 04:59 PM
snag + bread + bbq sauce = one happy camper here....

poidda
14th November 2007, 05:01 PM
snag + bread + bbq sauce = one happy camper here....

Same.

kpac, there's not already BBQ's close by that can be used is there?

senecio
14th November 2007, 05:02 PM
Put me down to supply the condiments. Our pantry is full of sauces that we never use (I'd better check the use by dates first).

Any suggestions other than the standard fare of:

Tomato sauce
BBQ sauce
Mustard
Salt/Pepper

kpac
14th November 2007, 05:15 PM
Same.

kpac, there's not already BBQ's close by that can be used is there?

Yeah there's a BBQ area but it'd be a ggod walk back down the entry road to it from the 1st tee. I just thought if we kept it close to the tee of it'd encourage people to mingle..

I'll be setting up a stump in the morn, come by and we can discuss location appropriatness whilst cracking the days first of many... :)

poidda
14th November 2007, 05:41 PM
Yeah there's a BBQ area but it'd be a ggod walk back down the entry road to it from the 1st tee. I just thought if we kept it close to the tee of it'd encourage people to mingle..

I'll be setting up a stump in the morn, come by and we can discuss location appropriatness whilst cracking the days first of many... :)

Nah, sounds like you've got it all sussed! Nice one.

AndyP
14th November 2007, 06:12 PM
k, are you sure that someone of your hair colour should be spending this much time out in the sun?

Nice work with the BBQ. I hope to have one or two snags b4 tee-off.

senecio
14th November 2007, 06:20 PM
I'll pack an esky full of softdrinks for the BBQ. Not everyone will want a heart starter before teeing off.

damoocow
14th November 2007, 10:35 PM
great idea kpac ....................[and senecio] !.....................count me in,

damoocow

Flowergirl
16th November 2007, 06:34 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmm............. sausages. Great idea!!!!!!!!!!1

shazza_rs
19th November 2007, 09:42 PM
BBQ worked out well Kpac. Good idea!

Thanks to all that provided stuff for it.

Rusty
20th November 2007, 01:05 PM
yep 2nd that. it was a great idea and worked out well.

kpac
20th November 2007, 01:14 PM
it was a piece of piss, thanks mainly to shaz and pete, chef and bbq suppliers. Next year we'll try again maybe make it a more formal setup....

Courty
20th November 2007, 05:55 PM
Great idea and for me it was an opportunity to meet many of the OZgolfers that I hadn't previously met. Should be a permanent fixture at any future Champs weekends.