PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 12 Nov 2007

kpac
13th November 2007, 12:32 PM
Played in the Trainee Pro Am at royal nudgee yesterday. 36 points on the southcourse, it was set up pretty hard though and it'd imagine CCR around par. was 4 over on the back nine and kicking along nicely, then blew out on the front nine, 9 over... with 3 washes :( I've got a decent flu at the moment and after 9 holes it was starting to get to me, so i'll blame that, but no excuses next time! A lot tougher course off the blues! 18th is a perla.
9 f'ways, but only 5 GIR, but 4 U&D's and 2/4 Sand saves. I'm getting more confident around the green which is nice.
Very unsure of which iron to take to the KV. If i dont get to the range between now and then i don't think i'll risk the pings, it'd be too frustrating if i cant figure them out.

Grunt
13th November 2007, 12:57 PM
Had a hit for a social round with the guys from Work this morning at The Coast. Was not a good start, 1st drive felt weird off the club, head had worked a little loose. Next hole head came off!! Now have an R7 460 head and a shaft.

Golf was not good on front nine, 8 points (5 wipes), little changes to The Coast since I had played there last hurt me. The 3rd now has OOB down the left hand side where the Practice range is, found that twice!!. New 3rd green is behind the old green not sure if distance markers had moved but layed up well short of the green.
Not having driver off the tee really hurt me today as I thought I would not need anything other than driver and took the 3 wood out of the bag in the car park and slotted in an extra wedge. I for some reason on the front nine get any ball off the tee. Trip to the car park after 8 holes saw me put the head and driver shaft in the car and replace it with the 3 wood. As I was placing the club in the car a guy behind me commented "having a bad day mate" I turned and it was John Howard (the actor not the old PM guy). Just replied it could be worse and he just laughed.
Was way better on the back 9. 18 points, Finished with 26 points. Hopefully that was the bad round out of the way before the Champs.

BrisVegas
13th November 2007, 01:01 PM
Hopefully that was the bad round out of the way before the Champs.

You got time on Friday to get another big number out of your system before the champs.;)

Grunt
13th November 2007, 01:03 PM
Going back to the old R7 Quad for the trip too. Going to use this episode as a chance to get the right shaft for me in the driver.

Bruce
13th November 2007, 06:03 PM
A top day out with Jack at Commonwealth.

Absolutely butchered a few holes with some disastrous chunks of short irons and some pathetic chips and pitches.

Still managed to scrape out 30 points with 3 wipes and 4 x 1pt - the rest of the round must have gone all right. One of my best ever days off the tee too.

Looking ahead to long week of golf.

Jarro
13th November 2007, 06:32 PM
A top day out with Jack at Commonwealth.

How'd jack hit 'em ?

Webster
13th November 2007, 06:52 PM
How'd jack hit 'em ?

Apart from the shank on the 2nd, not too bad. 33 points.

Bruce
13th November 2007, 07:42 PM
Now correct me if I'm wrong here Jack - but I don't remember the 7 wood coming out at all today.

The Fli Hi seemed to be doing the job though.

Webster
13th November 2007, 07:45 PM
7 wood stayed in the Smith & Wesson all day - not required.

Glad you enjoyed today, perfect weather and the course was in superb shape. You even had the bonus of meeting the elusive AndyA (and not threatening to kill him).

Enjoy the rest of the month off (lucky prick)

PeteyD
13th November 2007, 07:49 PM
Had a social chop around Robina Woods today. Nice course, fast greens.

OMG
18th November 2007, 05:21 PM
Had a 75 at The Glades on Friday. Pretty happy with that! :mrgreen:

Scoot
18th November 2007, 06:04 PM
Won the GF of matchplay today 5 / 3.

Finally got it done in regulation. Four games - three playoffs. I would have been the laughing stock if I had to do it again.

PeteyD
18th November 2007, 06:56 PM
3 shocker stab rounds at KV over the weekend, but man it was good! hehe 24/25/25 pts and about 1.5 cartons of Bundy.

Jarro
18th November 2007, 07:05 PM
31/26 points over the weekend at KV.

I blame the crappy company for my poor scores

just
18th November 2007, 07:07 PM
31/26 points over the weekend at KV.

I blame the crappy company for my poor scores

back at you champ!:lol:

mikezone13
18th November 2007, 07:34 PM
32pts around my home track, highlight being a 10 foot putt made for eagle on the par 4 first (nice way to start the day).

Started the day with the eagle for 4 pointer and ended with a birdie for another 4 pointer, not much to write about in the middle, except for 2 shanked 7 irons and a shanked 8 iron off the tee on 3 par 3's... shocking, thankfully it's fixed, was getting way too close to the ball at setup.

jimandr
18th November 2007, 07:38 PM
35 points at Camden Valley today. I would have preferred to be at Kooralbyn Valley, but I wasn't. It was a very middling effort, not great, but not bad either.

Fairways = 8 of 14
GIR = 7 of 18
Putts = 34, zero birdies, 1 3putt
Up&Down = 3 of 9
Sand Saves = 0 of 2.

This was the 100th round I've entered into Gametrack, and the score (9 over), the number of putts and the u/d % were exactly at the average of those 100 rounds. A bit sad really.

phoeno
18th November 2007, 08:19 PM
Went to Wynnum and played the 4BBB with a mate of 20. We had 50 points between us and probably won the comp. (TBC)

Eag's
18th November 2007, 08:32 PM
31/30 Points at the Champs, my short game saved my arse as the long stuff was just :smt078

AndyP
19th November 2007, 08:00 AM
Had a 75 at The Glades on Friday. Pretty happy with that! :mrgreen:
In a comp? Were you playing alone?

Won the GF of matchplay today 5 / 3. Great stuff, Scott. That must be extremely satisfying.[/quote]

This was the 100th round I've entered into Gametrack, and the score (9 over), the number of putts and the u/d % were exactly at the average of those 100 rounds. A bit sad really.
Sad that it's the same, or sad that you noticed? ;)

BrisVegas
19th November 2007, 08:17 AM
75 & 77 gross for 80 stableford points at the ozgolf champs.

No idea where that form came from. Not in a comp unfortunately. Those scores would certainly have brightened up my golflink history. :sad:

Scoot
19th November 2007, 11:43 AM
Scott[/B]. That must be extremely satisfying.

Thanks, yup, it was. Real happy to finally win something of note. It takes the disapointment out of the club champs as well.

I was considering coming up to the ozgolf champs, but this was why I did'nt. Sounds like it was a great couple of days though.

Courty
19th November 2007, 05:46 PM
Brooky on Friday: 20pts :oops: (Peter_RS & I are claiming a huge points disadvantage on the front 9 due to busted GPS).

KV on Saturday: 24pts No explanation for this one. I think I just forgot to pack my swing. :roll:

KV on Sunday: 35pts Should have been better after 20pts on the front (with a wipe). I suspect the alcohol finally wore off by the 2nd 9 and I started to think about what I was doing. :???:

OMG
19th November 2007, 07:01 PM
AndyP, I played with three friends of mine, no comp, gold tees. Why?

AndyP
19th November 2007, 09:17 PM
AndyP, I played with three friends of mine, no comp, gold tees. Why?I thought some of my fellow forum members might be interested to know. It's a hot topic.

You must have been playing well enough to keep playing past 9 holes anyway. Well done.

OMG
19th November 2007, 09:23 PM
I thought some of my fellow forum members might be interested to know. It's a hot topic.

You must have been playing well enough to keep playing past 9 holes anyway. Well done.

Well at least I don't have to worry about dredging up old topics now do I!:-s

Build a bridge mate!:roll:
Life's too short!

Do you want a game? Would that help? Just nine holes! (in case I'm not having a good day!:) )

AndyP
20th November 2007, 12:02 PM
17-18/11/2007, Kooralbyn Valley, OZgolf Champs.

Day 1 | Day 2
Effective tee-shots 11/14 | 9/14
Effective approaches 5/18 | 2/18
Up & Down successes 4/10 | 8/12
Putts 30 | 26* (* incomplete hole counted as 2 putts)

------------

Birdies 2 | 0
Pars 6 | 7
Bogeys 9 | 7
Doubles 1 | 2
Other 0 | 2

Day 1: 41-40-81 stab 36
Day 2: 46-43-89 stab 29 (Par 37-35-72)

On day 1, I think I benefited from having a warm up on the range and got off to a better start (although not that good). The driver was down the centre most of the time, and the irons were solid-ish. My chipping was a bit lofty though, and I kept leaving myself longer putts. If not for the wipe on 14, where I chose the wrong club and absolutely flushed it over the back, then I would have been real happy with the score. It was the sort of round that starts to convince me that maybe I can play to 9, as I know I left a few out there. 81 isn't a bad outing after 103 last time either. ;)

Day 2 started terribly, and my swing completely disappeared, including the driver. I was lucky to have 4 points through 4 holes, as I had chipped in over a bunker for a 3 point par on the 3rd. By the second nine, I had my driving sorted out, but the irons were woeful, not even going close to their targets. Fortunately, the chipping was fantastic, and I was getting it close enough for relatively short putts, and a few testers which I sank (once I finally got near enough to the green to be able to chip). 12 putts on the back nine, including a 3 putt on the 14th from a green in regulation, saved my score from being a disaster.

The Sunday was disappointing, but overall not a bad result for the Champs considering my previous Champs efforts. I think I figured out what was going on with the irons too, as I flushed my second shot with an 8 iron on the last (had to wait until the 18th didn't it?)

Next round: 24/11, Nambour GC.

BrisVegas
20th November 2007, 12:31 PM
great putting stats andy!

OMG
20th November 2007, 12:36 PM
AndyP?

No game? No bridge?:(

Or is it a case of this is your world and you'll cry if you want to?:-s

Oh well, can't please everyone I suppose! 8)

AndyP
20th November 2007, 12:40 PM
AndyP?

No game? No bridge?:( Nice edit of your post after I read it.

I try not to play nine hole games, they are a waste of my time.

OMG
20th November 2007, 12:47 PM
Nice edit of your post after I read it.

I try not to play nine hole games, they are a waste of my time.

Sorry, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to edit posts...and of course I already knew that you had read it...er..yeah..cause I'm a mind reader and know these things!:smt087

Anyway, for you I'll go the whole 18 then! How's that! :mrgreen:
Now, where would you like to play and when?:)