PDA

View Full Version : Telstra cable internet

zipptopp
11th November 2007, 08:47 PM
I've had an offer to upgrade to this from my current ADSL connection (not Telstra). Is anyone using this or know of anyone who has had any experience.

The offer was for a 17Mb down/256 up plan. Can you really get this download speed or is it all just number fudging

markTHEblake
11th November 2007, 09:53 PM
yes you can.

other advantage is you dont need a fixed telephone, so you cancel that and save $20 pm

Courty
11th November 2007, 10:29 PM
other advantage is you dont need a fixed telephone, so you cancel that and save $20 pm

You don't need it for ADSL either. It works concurrently on your voice landline.

markTHEblake
11th November 2007, 10:32 PM
Courty, at this stage you cannot have ADSL if you do not have a live Fixed Line (PSTN) telephone service provided by Telstra, whether that be direct or by resale.

Although this will be implemented sometime, it hasnt happened yet. When it does you will pay a higher cost to your ADSL provider, perhaps along the lines of $5-10 pm

mikezone13
12th November 2007, 09:26 AM
We've got Bigpond Cable, it's not bad apart from the pissy traffic quotas.

Moe Norman
12th November 2007, 09:30 AM
You don't need it for ADSL either. It works concurrently on your voice landline.Hi Captain Obvious.

I think MTB meant that there is no need at all for a home line. We don't have a need for one, and only have it for the ADSL connection.

Courty
12th November 2007, 05:34 PM
Hi Captain Obvious.

I think MTB meant that there is no need at all for a home line. We don't have a need for one, and only have it for the ADSL connection.

Yeah, I realised that after I posted it. Maybe Grunt's affliction is contagious. ;)