PDA

View Full Version : pactice balls

Ona
5th October 2004, 10:16 PM
I need to restock and want to pay as much as.. no as little as possible.

what would you consider a good price to pay per ball? as far as i can see, via aussie ebay the lowest is just under 35c a ball for 60, if i was the only bidder.

BrisVegas
6th October 2004, 07:06 AM
Great avatar!!

Last time I bought practice balls was about 8 years ago, from Golf World. They did packs of 40 balls for $20. If you asked nicely, they'd let you pick through the balls and choose your own 40, rather than getting the scruffy ones they pre-bagged for you. :shock:

But then, that was a looong time ago. Sorry, I really can't help you, so I'll shut up now.

Peace.

Ona
6th October 2004, 10:58 AM
BALLS :evil:

:twisted:

Jarro
6th October 2004, 12:03 PM
don't buy any.. just pick up the crappy ones you see in the rough at your local course. I do this and now have over 100 balls i use to practise with 8)

Ona
6th October 2004, 12:29 PM
yea, only problem is I dont play much. never really was one to look for balls either.. too many fairways hit I spose :roll:

I had 120 when I moved here, now the ground has swallowed them all... bar 6 :smt093

Fishman Dan
6th October 2004, 12:46 PM
I have no idea what this thread is about.... but that avatar... that's pure genius.. =D>

markTHEblake
6th October 2004, 12:51 PM
Gee i just gave away 200 balls, nowhere to practice with your own around here.

Some of them were 15 yo balata's that had only played a couple of holes with discreet little smiles on them.....

Ona
6th October 2004, 12:54 PM
So what quality do we all think a praccy ball needs to be for it to be worth hitting? Im after them more to work on my swing, but would like to have the shot fly fairly true.

Do you think THESE (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1516&item=7104296402&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW) are too ratty to fly somewhat true?

Ona
6th October 2004, 12:56 PM
ahh bloody hell blakey.. did you have to tell me that :cry:

Ducky
6th October 2004, 08:12 PM
I just bought sixty (60) Strata balata golf balls for $35. The majority of them are in quite good condition (no cuts, lumps, or discolouration) and only a few of them have small scuffs on the surface. How much you spend on practice golf balls will vary depending on what your requirements are.

- Do you want a soft/hard feel?

- Do you want to focus on the short or long game?

- Do you want to simulate match conditions?

Basically, due to me now using blades, I wanted to avoid using distance (hard) golf balls due to the accelerated wear that they cause on the clubface. I also wanted to use a similar ball to what I would use in a match/tournament situation, which are soft (high spin) golf balls.

I pay $8 at my local range for a bucket of sixty (60) mixed golf balls. I would usually hit around three buckets in one session, that's $24. There's my justifcation.

:)

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Ona
6th October 2004, 09:02 PM
nice, from memory the ranges here are a bit more expensive than that. good call with the soft balls, I played Hogan blades for a year and the wedge (main practice club 4 me) was showing wear 'n tear.

I'll go with the cheapest I can find, I think it unlikely that they would all be so bad as to wruin my pactice time, more concerned with swing changes atm.

Off topic here. When you say tournament, are you talking about weekly Saturday comps, or much larger annual events. It sounds terribly amercan to me.

Ducky
6th October 2004, 09:17 PM
I was just referring to the golf balls that you would use right out of the packet, which would usually occur on a special occasion such as in match play, tournaments, weekend competitions, etc. It was just a generalised comment, nothing more.

:)

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).