PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 5th November 2007

BrisVegas
7th November 2007, 10:31 AM
Haven't started one of these threads in ages!

Had the privilege of playing NSW GC and St Michaels GC yesterday on a whirlwind trip to Sydney.

It was bucketing down and very windy for much of the day, but was still better than being at work. Annual leave day well spent.

NSW - Struggled on the first couple of holes as I was too cold and tight. Lost two balls on the first hole! Driver was woeful til late in the round when I figured out what I was doing wrong with it. 32 points with a couple of wipes, a couple of birdies (3 & 8) and 4 x 3-putts!. Left a few out there, including the 18th (par 5) where I was on the back fringe for two and 3-putted...

8 fairways
10 GIR
34 putts (including 4 x 3-putts)
1 bunker shot = 1 sand save

St Michaels - We played 15 holes (skipped 14,16,17) and I hit it a lot better off the tee. Bogeyed the first couple and then played the rest of the round in pars I think. One birdie on the 13th. Had a few chances to win the skins, but like golfer69 & trung, I failed to convert my chances....
7 fairways
9 GIR
27 putts

dc68
7th November 2007, 11:18 AM
34 putts (including 4 x 3-putts)

:roll:

PeteyD
7th November 2007, 11:28 AM
I hate rain. +0.1

phoeno
7th November 2007, 07:18 PM
Played the pro am at Carbrook on Monday arvo. Had 76 in the wind and finished 2nd with 37 pts.

jimandr
9th November 2007, 03:53 PM
35 points at Strathfield today on a day that started out wet, but turned quite pleasant until a short shower on the 17th. The golf could've been a bit better, but wasn't far from being a lot worse. I made some good sand saves from wet bunkers to get out of some positions caused by poor ball-striking.

Course was a bit wet, but it was much better than staying at home.

Grunt
9th November 2007, 04:35 PM
Played Crap, no more no less.
24 points
Just did not have a good golf brain on today. Putter was not in tune.
Highlight was finishing the day with a Par. Tee shot ended up amongst tree roots. Nothing to lose I went for it and got great contact (with both the ball and the tree roots)to put the ball on the green. 2 putt par.

Eag's
9th November 2007, 05:15 PM
Played Gailes today in the Dingo classic.
Shot 94/82 :smt087
7 Fairways
5 Greens
37 Putts (5x3 putts :smt013 )

Could not hole a putt all day and was leaving everything way short.
Drove the ball ok but missed a lot of simple approach shots.

BrisWesty
10th November 2007, 12:11 PM
Back out to 12.5 and therefore B-Grade again.

36 points today at Caboolture. Nothing flash but generally very solid bogey and par golf.
Highlight of the day. Almost on the par 5 15th in 2. Chipped just short of the hole for a tap in birdie.

Similar to Eags if I missed it was generally short.

Grunt
10th November 2007, 01:18 PM
Played Mac Grange this morning
Par Event, gee I hate this game!

-3 had a bad start and could not get it back -4 front nine +1 back nine. Another game at The Coast on Tuesday to get it all right before the champs.

Courty
10th November 2007, 04:42 PM
I went to play Cairns GC this morning fully intending to play myself into form for the champs. So it came as a huge slap in the face when I realised the greens had just been cored & sanded. :evil:

Anyway, I hit the long ball pretty good (even though the Superquad & V-Steel weren't available) but was thoroughly disappointed with my short game. Poor chipping & putting cost me plenty of shots. And I'm dirty that I got hustled by a "20" marker. :smt013

Btw, I had 31 pts. Couldn't be bothered doing the stats.

Flowergirl
10th November 2007, 04:43 PM
First round of the mixed foursomes today - gee thank God I'm up with you guys for the second round. My partner - who has a great butt - well that's all he's got going for him. I played 4 shots off the fairway for the whole round. Yep 4!!!!!!!!! Some guys just have to realise that the biggest shot you can possibly hit isn't always the best option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I played out of trees, bunkers, roads etc that I didn't even know were there!!!!!!!! Second shot on the second hole was across two fairways. I played a great little shot that was just off our green and he tutted me.:smt013
Then he has the cheek to say that I was a bit off my game today.;)

Still it was a bit of fun - we had a 9 on the first hole so I knew we were in for a fun day. Bunker - me out - bunker - me out - bunker - me out - skull over the green - me on - putt.

Bruce
10th November 2007, 06:09 PM
My partner - who has a great butt - well that's all he's got going for him. .

I was home all day Reenie. I could have used some time out of the house and away from the kids. I could have killed them half a dozen times today.

PeteyD
10th November 2007, 08:44 PM
I was home all day Reenie. I could have used some time out of the house and away from the kids. I could have killed them half a dozen times today.

I feel your pain

BrisVegas
11th November 2007, 06:53 AM
Single Stab at Brookwater. 83 gross for 33 points.

Was one of those "coulda been anything" days as I hit the ball very well tee to green. My chipping and putting was woeful. Had no luck either :wink: . Anyways, got it out of my system and I'm all set for the champs now. Think I won a NTP, so I'll have a sleave of rocks to use at Kooralbyn.

10 FIR
6 GIR
30 putts

oz
11th November 2007, 12:51 PM
Played in the medal at Thurgoona yesterday. Started solid, but totally lost it on 5, when the group in front held us up for 10 minutes. They then split into 2 as we were playign through, and then the 2 in front played slowly enough. I tried to get the marshallls attention to rectify it, but it was frustrating.

Anyway, my already crap concentration was shot, and I just dropped shots in bunches. 41+42=83 Nett 78. And I actually hit the ball solidly from the tee all day. Just couldn't score.

Courty
11th November 2007, 01:04 PM
I had my name on the timesheet for a 12:30 shotgun start this afternoon. However, right on 11:30 the heavens opened, so I cancelled.

Jarro
11th November 2007, 02:05 PM
30 points today at the OzGolf hackers Nudgee day :(

Grunt
11th November 2007, 02:09 PM
Bugger was hoping you all had blinders and the handicapper had made the necessary adjustments. Or were you all sandbagging?

Eag's
11th November 2007, 03:40 PM
Played Nudgee today Single Stab.
Drove the ball all over the shop.
35pts 15/20 with 2 wipes :(
7 greens
7 fairways
32 putts

AndyP
11th November 2007, 04:20 PM
11/11/2007, Nudgee GC, Stableford.

9/14 effective tee-shots.
7/18 effective approaches.
0/4 up and down successes.
36 putts.
----------
1 birdie.
6 pars.
8 bogeys.
2 doubles.
1 other.

Score (B9 1st) 46-39-85 stab 31pts (Par 36-35-71)

It was the first round out with the Ping i3s today, and I still can't hit them. I seemed to get around Nudgee without needing to use them too much though.

My driving is my main strength at the moment. It's going very solidly. With the greens in bad shape, it made it harder to nab some putts and make the score better. There were some great bobbles and breaks out there.

My only wipe was our first hole, and I only scored another 4 points over the next four holes, so I'm pretty happy to hand in a 31 pointer. I really should warm up a bit more.....

Next round: OZgolf Champs. \\:D/

jimandr
11th November 2007, 04:36 PM
29 points today, and I didn't deserve a point more. Ball-striking was just terrible, it seems my clubs don't have a sweet spot any more.

A very depressing round of golf.

Grunt
11th November 2007, 04:37 PM
29 points today, and I didn't deserve a point more. Ball-striking was just terrible, it seems my clubs don't have a sweet spot any more.

A very depressing round of golf.

Where at today Jim? Camden valley?

Fishman Dan
11th November 2007, 05:33 PM
34 points today with 3 x 2 point chokes to end the round.

An NTP on the 17th, and I was a Jarro's erect dick-length away from an Ace on the 10th. Yes, you don't get any closer than that without the ball dropping.

Corrected some faults and even hit a ball forwards with driver today.

shazza_rs
11th November 2007, 06:14 PM
Played at Beerwah yesterday in the 1st round of the Beerwah cup. Played okay for a 88/73.. par is 72. I've only played the course once before about 3-4 years ago and couldn't remember much of it.

Started the second round today (shotgun) so started off the 7th... got round to the 1st and the heavens opened up... eased of for a bit so we headed down the first then it really started coming down. The green was a big puddle. We all decided to call it a day. Disappointing as i was scoring better than the previous day.

PeteyD
11th November 2007, 08:18 PM
34 points today with 3 x 2 point chokes to end the round.

An NTP on the 17th, and I was a Jarro's erect dick-length away from an Ace on the 10th. Yes, you don't get any closer than that without the ball dropping.

Corrected some faults and even hit a ball forwards with driver today.

You shoulda hit it harder

Fishman Dan
11th November 2007, 08:24 PM
You shoulda hit it harder

At least this one was that far past the hole ;)

Jarro
11th November 2007, 08:27 PM
You shoulda hit it straighter

PeteyD
11th November 2007, 08:29 PM
So you par it?

Jarro
11th November 2007, 08:31 PM
Yeah, did you make that nasty 10 incher ?

Courty
11th November 2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah, did you make that nasty 10 incher ?

:lol: :roll:

Scoot
12th November 2007, 10:20 AM
38 Pts (81) on Sat for an equal PB, which included a solid choke on three of the last four holes for 5 pts over the 4.

Matchplay semi on Sunday, and of course went to a playoff again. Three games - Three playoffs. Onto the GF. I might just say let's play the first and give it to the winner of that.

Any tips for knocking off opponents in regulation?

Flowergirl
13th November 2007, 07:55 AM
38 Pts (81) on Sat for an equal PB, which included a solid choke on three of the last four holes for 5 pts over the 4.

Matchplay semi on Sunday, and of course went to a playoff again. Three games - Three playoffs. Onto the GF. I might just say let's play the first and give it to the winner of that.

Any tips for knocking off opponents in regulation?

Just focus on your own game and let your opponent make the mistakes. Good luck.:smt023