PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Champs Volunteers

AndyP
2nd November 2007, 09:29 AM
There's only a couple of weekends to go (exciting, isn't it?) and let's not have the weekend spoiled by something ****ing up.

As I said last year, I don't want anyone to have to do too much, so it's good to spread the load, so let's see some hands up to volunteer to help out with getting this thing to run smoothly.

This is a bit of a copy/paste from last year of what needed doing.

I'll deal with the medals and trophy again, and if need be organising the organisers. If I need a separate private forum again, I'll set it up.

What needs doing:

Trophies/Medals: AndyP

Prizes: There's a thread with a list of prizes in it, but we need someone to sort out what is to be awarded for what, or let the winner decide as was discussed. Maybe some of the prizes offered need to be turned down, if they aren't practical? You'd probably need to organise getting the stuff together on the day also, and handing it out.

Golf Bookings/Club Contact: golfer69 seems to be the only one so far who's been in contact with the club in relation to the number booked. Are you right to still look after this?

Draw/Groupings: PeteyD seems to be looking after this. Thanks. Does someone want to volunteer making sure everyone is hitting off at the right time and in the right groups? Maybe Tezza since he will be there to take photos?

Score Tallying, etc: Is this a PeteyD/peter_rs job again? A calculation on the POTY might need to be done too.

Photographers: Terry/clikchic?

Name Tags: shazza_rs

Long Drives/NTPs: poidda
Decisions need to be made on what holes these need to be on and how many. Surely the club can supply some markers for us too, if not, that will need to be looked at. (we don't want a repeat of Bribie where we had nothing out). You'd also be responsible for making sure they get out on the course.

Presentations: Do you want to be MC again, Bruce?

Dinner & Night activities: Was this sorted? Do we need a booking?

What else needs doing? Who wants to help?

PeteyD
2nd November 2007, 09:32 AM
Pete RS is bringing his laptop, so we will do the scoring again.

I think the Pavilion has been booked for 46 or so (general booking I believe) on Sat nite.

AndyP
2nd November 2007, 09:37 AM
**** that's a lot of people. :D

poidda
2nd November 2007, 09:39 AM
Long Drives/NTPs: Decisions need to be made on what holes these need to be on and how many. Surely the club can supply some markers for us too, if not, that will need to be looked at. (we don't want a repeat of Bribie where we had nothing out). You'd also be responsible for making sure they get out on the course.

I'm happy to look after this one on both days. PeteyD however the draw works out can you put my group first so I can drop the markers?

(and yes, first group meams I will be club house leader, and be on the piss first)

EDIT: I meant first group Saturday. I'll just get 69er to take them with him on the Sunday.

AndyP
2nd November 2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks poid. Feel free to start up a thread discussing the merits of LD & NTPs on certain holes and how many.

poidda
2nd November 2007, 09:43 AM
Thanks poid. Feel free to start up a thread discussing the merits of LD & NTPs on certain holes and how many.

Nah, I dont feel like a thread that will just go round and round and round. I'll ask the pro "where do you usually put them"?

Sorted!

dc68
2nd November 2007, 09:44 AM
**** that's a lot of people. :D

The more the merrier.

PeteyD
2nd November 2007, 09:50 AM
Pete - Men on 13, ladies on 16 for longest drive. NTP on each par 3. Easy.

Ring the club and find out if they have some we can borrow. Should do. I'll stick you in the first group Saturday. Likely to have the Match Play final in it.

AndyP
2nd November 2007, 09:53 AM
Par 4 approach? Having one on a short par 4 (say 310m or so) at CTH was successful as it gave everyone a chance.

PeteyD
2nd November 2007, 09:58 AM
That'd be 11. Good bounce off the cart path is almost on the green. Maybe no NTP on one of the 3s then? Or have 5?

poidda
2nd November 2007, 09:59 AM
here we go!

BrisVegas
2nd November 2007, 10:04 AM
I've updated the champs prizes thread with suggested prize allocation. I'll try and help out on the day, but will have my wife and kids with me... If there are any other prizes being donated or suggestions, please update that thread.

PeteyD
2nd November 2007, 10:06 AM
It is up to you Poidda. Ignore everyone else if you like.

Fishman Dan
2nd November 2007, 10:22 AM
I'll bring a little pinch of love.

Flowergirl
2nd November 2007, 11:04 AM
Name tags. Can't do them - will be away that week. I'll do what ever is needed on the day. Just ask - nicely:smt023

Flowergirl
2nd November 2007, 11:06 AM
Name tags. Can't do them - will be away that week. I'll do what ever is needed on the day. Just ask - nicely:smt023

Shazza will do these - she's a good girl.:mrgreen:

markTHEblake
2nd November 2007, 11:19 AM
wanker has 6 letters

PeteyD
2nd November 2007, 11:20 AM
she might have to put numbers on the end to differentiate. Obviously 69er is WANKER01

Flowergirl
2nd November 2007, 12:12 PM
she might have to put numbers on the end to differentiate. Obviously 69er is WANKER01

I thought that was me. :smt013 ( STILL UPSET)

Bruce
2nd November 2007, 01:00 PM
Happy to MC again.

terryand
2nd November 2007, 01:01 PM
I'll volunteer to take some photos ;)

Terry.

PeteyD
2nd November 2007, 01:03 PM
I'd never call you a wanker Reenie.

Flowergirl
2nd November 2007, 01:24 PM
I'd never call you a wanker Reenie.
:smt060

poidda
5th November 2007, 08:58 AM
PeteyD, just a thought about the "random draw", what do you think about "randomly" seperating the players who've played the course so that each group has a bit of knowledge of where to hit.

Just a thought.

AndyP
5th November 2007, 09:33 AM
Why the hell would those people want to share that knowledge?

poidda
5th November 2007, 09:41 AM
Why the hell would those people want to share that knowledge?

Maybe because not everyone's a ****! ;)

markTHEblake
5th November 2007, 09:49 AM
KV is a peice of piss. Just fly it over the corners in 2, 7 and 9, and your laughing. The rest of the course you can see.

PeteyD
5th November 2007, 11:43 AM
Pretty much spot on, except for the new 18.

Trung
5th November 2007, 11:52 AM
KV is a peice of piss. Just fly it over the corners in 2, 7 and 9, and your laughing. The rest of the course you can see.

A380?

BrisVegas
15th November 2007, 01:25 PM
Prizes: There's a thread with a list of prizes in it, but we need someone to sort out what is to be awarded for what, or let the winner decide as was discussed. Maybe some of the prizes offered need to be turned down, if they aren't practical? You'd probably need to organise getting the stuff together on the day also, and handing it out.

Score Tallying, etc: PeteyD/peter_rs

Long Drives/NTPs: poidda

Presentations: Bruce?

I should be right to sort out the prizes on Sunday and can help Bruce with handing them out to the winners (based on the info from the three-pete's :shock:

Once we're all done and dusted Sunday, please bring all the donated prizes to me at whatever venue we choose to do the presentations. Not before hand thanks!