PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Airways

poidda
29th October 2007, 05:13 PM
Especially for the Victorians. They're selling $10 flights today only.

http://www.tigerairways.com/

markTHEblake
29th October 2007, 05:15 PM
My Mrs is taking off on Tiger for two weeks on wednesday, Yaaaaaaay.

AndyP
29th October 2007, 05:43 PM
$10 for Sunshine Coast to Melbourne. Wow!

It's only $80 normally. That's brought me a lot closer to watching more footy. :cool:

goughy
29th October 2007, 09:15 PM
Will be a lot closer when it crashes into the mcg!

Grunt
30th October 2007, 08:11 PM
Tiger is funded by Singapore Airlines for those that needed to know who they were.

3oneday
30th October 2007, 08:13 PM
but can't fly into Sydney I heard ? Newcastle only ?

Grunt
30th October 2007, 08:17 PM
Not can't, does not want too, it does not agree the exorbitant fees that Macquarie Airports is charging airlines for Sydney Airport landing slots.

3oneday
30th October 2007, 10:37 PM
oh, different story on the radio then. More that they will be flying into Sydney eventually, maybe they can't afford the fees, which could be true at $10 a flight ! :lol:

markTHEblake
30th October 2007, 10:41 PM
Their business model is to use cheaper airports.

Jarro
31st October 2007, 06:26 AM
Same setup as JetStar, don't expect much by way of inflight service or food.

AndyP
31st October 2007, 10:24 AM
I just wanted to mention the golfer69/peter_rs match in this thread, to make sure this thing gets full coverage across the forum.

Cart or no cart? That is the question.

3oneday
31st October 2007, 10:25 AM
Has it made the nappy thread yet ?

poidda
23rd November 2007, 07:53 AM
They've got $20 flights today only. 75,000 seats.

kpac
23rd November 2007, 08:17 AM
Cheers Poidda, got myself a couple to Vic, Not many choices on destinations for us QLD'rs, but the melbournites could go anywhere!.

andylo
23rd November 2007, 08:29 AM
2th April -> 12 April will be in Melboune :)

AndyP
23rd November 2007, 08:35 AM
And you're not going to Tassie in the middle to play with the OZgolf lads?

kpac
23rd November 2007, 08:39 AM
no rush to get the flight from melb - launc, i think it's normal price is $30 anyway...

AndyP
23rd November 2007, 08:42 AM
I was asking andy (the post before mine) as his dates sync up with the Barny trip.

goughy
23rd November 2007, 08:44 AM
And he won't have bub with him??

andylo
23rd November 2007, 08:49 AM
Is my date covers that Tas trip? If it does I can't see why not :)

sms316
5th June 2009, 11:00 AM
A Karmichael Hunt of an airline.

Mrs SMS was supposed to get home from Melbourne yesterday at 9.00pm. Landed in CBR airport at 1.00am. The story goes that the hosties on a earlier flight dropped some nutter's medication and it spilled on the floor. He went ape droppings at them, so the AFP were called in and he was hauled off the flight.

Then the plane was grounded so they could clean up the mess - all caused by some uncoordinated waitress.

poidda
5th June 2009, 11:02 AM

Mrs SMS was supposed to get home from Melbourne yesterday at 9.00pm. Landed in CBR airport at 1.00am. The story goes that the hosties on a earlier flight dropped some nutter's medication and it spilled on the floor. He went ape droppings at them, so the AFP were called in and he was hauled off the flight.

Then the plane was grounded so they could clean up the mess - all caused by some uncoordinated waitress.

Fair play. Accidents do happen, and they can't always be prevented.

BrisVegas
5th June 2009, 11:27 AM
was it lithium?

sms316
5th June 2009, 11:32 AM
No idea. It was a mix of 3 or 4 drugs.

Bruce
5th June 2009, 11:37 AM
As Kelly Bundy said - "I am on the horns of an enema".

Tiger have the cheapest flights for going up to the champs - but I vowed never to fly with them again. How much extra am I prepared to pay to avoid Tiger....

Sydney Hacker
5th June 2009, 11:59 AM
As Kelly Bundy said - "I am on the horns of an enema".

Tiger have the cheapest flights for going up to the champs - but I vowed never to fly with them again. How much extra am I prepared to pay to avoid Tiger....

Whatever it costs it will be money well spent !

Been on one tiger flight and they amount of stuffing around they put us through I will never step foot on one of their planes again.

Jarro
5th June 2009, 12:31 PM
Whatever it costs it will be money well spent !

Been on one tiger flight and they amount of stuffing around they put us through I will never step foot on one of their planes again.

Well expect it from most of the current airlines nowadays.

The days of the customer being the main focus are long gone.

AlexMc
5th June 2009, 04:15 PM
We booked some cheap flights last year to Adelaide - they were cancelled a month before we were supposed to go. Even though they cancelled the flights, we were not entitled to a refund.

We did fly with them from Newcastle to Melbourne earlier and they were fine enough...the terminal in Melbourne is a bit of an eye opener though!

Sydney Hacker
5th June 2009, 04:18 PM
We booked some cheap flights last year to Adelaide - they were cancelled a month before we were supposed to go. Even though they cancelled the flights, we were not entitled to a refund.

We did fly with them from Newcastle to Melbourne earlier and they were fine enough...the terminal in Melbourne is a bit of an eye opener though!

I assume they offered to put on another flight at some stage did they ?

Chris32
5th June 2009, 04:22 PM
Flew with them Adelaide - Gold Coast and back, although the plane was late leaving, overall it wasn't too bad.

Big delays checking in though, I got there an hour and a half early and it took an hour to check in.

I've heard that the people that check you in have to load the plane also. I found this to be quite comical and doubt its true!

Luggage is also a rip off, as I needed to get extra. In the end for the hassle, I'd rather pay the extra $50 odd and fly with Virgin, or even Jet Star

kpac
5th June 2009, 04:38 PM

Pretty harsh pal. At least there was a reason, and an excuse, more than youd get from some other airlines! I'd fly with the tiger over jetsh|t any day.

AlexMc
5th June 2009, 09:56 PM
I assume they offered to put on another flight at some stage did they ?
They did but they stopped flying Newcastle to Melbourne so it didn't really help us much in the end. They also wanted to charge us full freight for any replacement flights - so they would offer us $20 credit towards another flight rather than swapping us for another flight. We felt a little ripped off to be honest...

AndyP
11th July 2010, 02:18 PM
Hmmm, my neighbours just had a good experience flying with Tiger to Melbourne (they played by their rules). I'm going to Melbourne with the family in September and I'm considering the options.

It seems risky. Any more feedback on Tiger?
Costwise Jetstar doesn't seem like much more than Tiger although it goes to Avalon, with Virgin another $200 extra all up.

kpac
11th July 2010, 03:41 PM
Have a will continue to fly the tige. I have no complaints, i pay peanuts i fly with monkeys. I'll always take tiger over Jetstar, i hate those ______

AndyP
11th July 2010, 04:49 PM
If it was only for myself, I wouldn't hesitate, but when it's the whole family, I hesitate, especially with the baggage costs. I haven't been burnt by Jetstar yet, but it's probably only a matter of time.

markTHEblake
12th July 2010, 11:47 PM
i just flew Tiger back from Sydney, it was fine.