PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing October 29th 2007

Flowergirl
29th October 2007, 02:48 PM
Played in our Monday comp today. Played at the end of the field with a 45 handicapper who came in with 12 points - for 18.:shock:
But no complaints - I came in with a +2. Parred - and 1 birdie all the par 3's. Putting has improved a lot and my driving was better - no big pull hooks.
After going back to 17 last Wednesday - back to 16 today.

Grunt
2nd November 2007, 07:29 PM
Played Strathfield again today
38 points
28 putts
7 fairways
4 Gir
6/6 Up & Downs
2/5 Sand Saves

Another good round :) Another .3 off the handicap.
May have got the 2B again too 47 points

mikezone13
2nd November 2007, 08:02 PM
Well done grant, your short game looks real good at the moment (at least the stats say so).

Keep it up!

Scoot
2nd November 2007, 08:29 PM
38 points
28 putts
7 fairways
4 Gir
6/6 Up & Downs
2/5 Sand Saves

Another good round :) Another .3 off the handicap.

Well done.

Is that 28 putts from inside 1 metre?

If not, how the @@@@ do you do that?

Grunt
2nd November 2007, 08:50 PM
Well done.

Is that 28 putts from inside 1 metre?

If not, how the @@@@ do you do that?

Putter was on fire, most were from around 8 feet. Was one of those days where they just dropped. Greens were a contributor too, very true rolling.

Flowergirl
3rd November 2007, 10:07 AM
Played 9 holes in our twighlight comp last night.

6 pars
2 bogeys
1 double

for a nice 41 - nett 33 (par37)

Have played a couple of times with an older gentleman - he's in his 80's - has played golf for 65 years and was off 1 at one stage. He's very happy to play practise rounds with me and he's teaching me to be able to diagnose my problem shots.

5 up/downs - which for me is amazing!!!!

Scoot
3rd November 2007, 11:33 AM
Monthly medal today. Had 85 / 72 which I was pretty happy with. Pretty wet sort of a day.

HAD 31 PUTTS!!!!. Though that includes a chip in which I would have backed in a 3 putt for anyway.

Pity the champs werent delayed by 1 week , I would have been in with a shot. 1 over h'cap last 3 games.

Coffs_Hacker
3rd November 2007, 11:55 AM
Monthly Mug Too 81/70 par 70 another "What Coulda"
9 over after 6holes with 1oob and a waterball + 2 3putts

7fir
5gir
32putts
2bird

mikezone13
3rd November 2007, 12:36 PM
First round of club champs and course back to par 69 (from 72) due to renovation work.

Nothing bad, nothing great, 83/72, no 3 putts though was great. Up and down stats were poor as I just couldn't get the ball in the hole after some reasonable chip shots. Dissappointing to only hit 1 GIR in the first 12 holes and that is what killed me, even though I wasn't missing by much.

Played the last 6 holes 1 over par to come back and post a score that keeps me in the hunt for A Reserve, as the top 8 after round 2 qualify for rounds 3 and 4.

5/12 fairways (lots of close misses)
5/18 GIR (most misses were missed in good spots)
33 putts
2/12 U/D
0/2 sandies

Grunt
3rd November 2007, 01:37 PM
Played Mac Grange Monthly Medal in horrible conditions. I played horrible to match

100 Gross
82 Nett

Was a real tough slog in rain and very soggy ground. Some good points but lots of negatives. It was just a bad round, these things happen.

Grunt
3rd November 2007, 01:39 PM
Griffo & I got up for the 2B, Two weeks in a row will I get barred from comps there now?

Onewood
3rd November 2007, 07:12 PM
Mitch won his 9 hole Match play today to advance through to the final

50/20 nett 30

He looked like getting 1 shot start in the final but after his score today he may have to give 1 or 2 away in the final :)

BrisVegas
3rd November 2007, 10:11 PM
Windaroo today from the back markers. Was a bit scratchy off the tee, but irons were solid and scrambled pretty well.

81 gross for 74 nett
8 FIR
9 GIR
31 putts

oz
4th November 2007, 08:20 AM
Played in real rain yesterday, for the first time in a year, probably. Made a horrible start, dropping 7 shots in the first 3 holes. Gradually improved throughout the round, and finished pretty steadily. 83 - nett 78. Despite the score, and being less than impressed at the time, I didn't mind the rain.... we sure need it.

Courty
4th November 2007, 12:10 PM
Didn't play yesterday as I was helping my FIL demolish his kitchen & rip up 30m2 of floor tiles (he's finally getting them rebuilt after cyclone Larry). I went out early this morning to play a social 18 with a mate. I started well & was +1 after 6 (should've been eve except for a careless tap-in attempt :roll:). Anyhow, on the 7th I hit one bad shot, then seemingly lost my swing. I got on the bogey train for the rest of the round. By about the 13th I was struggling to walk. My whole body tightened up from yesterday's labouring and every swing hurt. I think I need to harden up. :???:

Eag's
4th November 2007, 12:20 PM
Didn't play yesterday as I was helping my FIL demolish his kitchen & rip up 30m2 of floor tiles (he's finally getting them rebuilt after cyclone Larry). I went out early this morning to play a social 18 with a mate. I started well & was +1 after 6 (should've been eve except for a careless tap-in attempt :roll:). Anyhow, on the 7th I hit one bad shot, then seemingly lost my swing. I got on the bogey train for the rest of the round. By about the 13th I was struggling to walk. My whole body tightened up from yesterday's labouring and every swing hurt. I think I need to harden up. :???:

Well if you didn't say it mate, somebody would off ;)

Courty
4th November 2007, 01:09 PM
Well if you didn't say it mate, somebody would off ;)

I know. I just made sure I got in first. :mrgreen:

goughy
4th November 2007, 01:36 PM
Played an ambrose with my band mates today. Was a barrel of fun but man did we play bad! Myself off 12, one off of 19, and the other rank hackers who were given provisional hc's of 18. We could have ogne the whole day only taking 1 particular shot from the hackers. But what would the fun of that be ;)

Only 1 birdie, which was a chip in by me :) Missed tons and tons of putts. Just nothing dropped. They'd hit 3 putts that runed right to left above the hole. I'd hit just above the right edge and it'd run straight. That one was our 3 putt :o Was the order of the day. Only 9 gir's for the day with the one 3 putt being one of those. Sunk a lot of 1 putts for pars today!

What killed us was our tee shots. 3 occasions our best involved having to punch shots along the ground at the green. On another 4 occasions we had full swings but had to manufacture shots quite significantly. On the 150mtr par 3 9th we took one of the hackers drives which was 80mtrs from the green :o. On the 18th which was the long drive hole I've cracked it dead centre to 115 from the green and we ended up taking one of the others which was under the left trees 50mtrs back but with a full swing. Still needed one of his drives with only 3 holes left to play.

Finished with 3 over which is ok considering all the above.

Favourite hole was the 6th, double dog leg par 5. Drawn drive around the trees left me with my first try ever at reaching the green in 2. Unfortunately 3 wood was a touch too much club as I hit a draw that went onto the road left of the green. But I loved having a go!

PeteyD
4th November 2007, 04:26 PM
Medal of Medals day at Reddy yesterday. Played solidly for the first 13 holes, under handicap, then Lost it Metally on 14. 17, 18. Combined 10 over on those 3 holes wrecked an otherwise solid round :(

Back to 21 now with the 0.1. That shot should come in handy at the champs :D

Iain won the Approach on 11 yesterday too, according to the paper.

dc68
5th November 2007, 09:49 AM
81-77 on Satdee at Windypoo
3 x 6's and an 8 sums it up.

Played a 4 ball with the old man yesterday we had 45 points
but I had a 71 off the stick... broke par for the 1st time.
Too ****ing bad it was a 4ball...aaaaaaaargh

dc68
5th November 2007, 10:20 AM
Kiss my fat sweaty arse

BrisWesty
5th November 2007, 04:50 PM
Monthly medal on Saturday. Walked off after 13 holes in 3.5 hours - not in disgust but because my daughters were singing at their school fair, and there was no way I was going to get through the next 5 holes in an hour and get to the fair when it had taken 1 hr 20 to play the previous 4 holes.
2 over hcp at that stage.