PDA

View Full Version : Bring on the Cricket !!

Jarro
3rd October 2004, 08:40 PM
OK, this years Footy season is now officially over ... except for the Kangaroo Vs. Kiwi test match.....

.. who else can't wait for the cricket to start :?: I love the one-dayers.

Ducky
3rd October 2004, 08:43 PM
I always feel guilty everytime cricket season rolls around... I feel like I should be playing not spectating.

:?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

markTHEblake
3rd October 2004, 10:09 PM
I thought we were playing Ireland?

anyway the cricket season never ends - I end up watching more cricket in winter than anyother time these days.

AndyP
4th October 2004, 08:54 AM

Me too. :?

Cricket is good, but I much prefer the footy.

You like pyjama cricket better, jarro? For me, you can't go past Test Cricket.

Looks like I will be going to a day of the test match here, one or both of the one dayers, and maybe a couple of the domestic one dayers.

Bring on the Kiwis and the Windies. 8)

Bruce
4th October 2004, 03:19 PM
From a viewing point of view, thank God for the tour of India. I *hate* horse racing and so the gap from Grand Final day to the First Test is usually unbearable. Not this year at least.

From a personal point of view the cricket season started well. Only made 3 but opened the bowling to end up with 10-6-8-1.

CobraSS
4th October 2004, 03:31 PM
Nice economy rate there Bruce, but Tony Greig wouldn't be to happy with the strike rate, you gotta take wickets son. :smt003

Jarro
4th October 2004, 06:05 PM

well who else are you GAYFL'ers gonna play :roll: and even then you have to use a round ball :lol:

I can't believe you guys.. you don't like One-Day cricket :smt017

what are ya's.. a bunch of noodle-armed poodle walkers :smt019

markTHEblake
4th October 2004, 10:26 PM
I like both styles of cricket. Recently the West Indies v Pakistan final was a real bottler - 70 odd runs for an unbeaten 9th wicket stand to win the game for the windies, and that was the no 9 & 10 batsmen. When was the last time you saw a windies tailender make more than 2 runs?

Fishman Dan
5th October 2004, 07:54 AM
Test Cricket is the purest form, the pyjama party is a great spectacle but not a true test of cricket.

Roll on November 16!!

AndyP
5th October 2004, 08:38 AM
Who are we playing Test's against this summer ?
A test series against NZ and I think the other might be the Pakis.

Recently the West Indies v Pakistan final
You mean WI v Eng?

I can't believe you guys.. you don't like One-Day cricket
Not the case. It's just that Test Cricket is better. And there is too many one-dayers. Now they've got this 20-20 format. :roll: They are turning it into a batters game.

Bruce
5th October 2004, 09:35 AM
Test cricket is where it's at.

I blame Bobby Simpson for the stifling of the one day game. Overs 20-35 are an absolute snooze fest. I fell asleep at the ground one time while Michael Bevan was nudging his way to another 30-something.